Protest Ndxt Game

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we can not afford to lose anymore fans as am constantly being reminded that attemdences are key to budget.

name me one thing that will improve attemdences just one.

selling tickets to be used in a stamd not yet open.

or, that they sold tickets in a stand that they genuinely believed would be ready for the new season but suffered set-backs out of their control.

constantly appointing the cheap options even when realising they made a mistake its been done again.

Lee Johnson was the "cheap option" but he was relatively a success in his time here, although not actually achieving progression to a higher level, we were showing signs of making our best finish for a number of years, although it went tits up when he left, I doubt any manager would have stopped the rot last season. Cheap option or not.

moving the fans from the Chaddy

Time moves on and it was time for a change, with the new stand coming, they took the opportunity of being able to offer the facilities of the new stand to old Chaddy-Enders... I highly suspect that having away fans in there lessens the police and stewarding costs too... Rather than having just a barrier between the fans like in the RRE.

The mindset of we couldnt afford championship football so why try n go up.

That was seeminly Barry's opinion when offered on air, but he is right to an extent. We would struggle to compete financially, it's no secret... Simon seemed to offer a different perspective on promotion in his LP interview, he's always stated that the aim is Championship football and I genuinely believe that's what he wants, however he, like the rest of us, have realised that it isn't that simple to get out of this league, after many years of trying.

no top half finish for years.

With declining attendances and the introduction of FFP it seems that we are settling at the level that our attendances dictates we should be at. For much of last season we "overachieved" and it seemed possible for a while that we could do something. The board has backed every single manager that they've hired, even Kelly this summer was backed in the transfer market.

i know for a fact that someone has requested atleast 4 times for a fans meeting with corney since the end of last season only for it to fall on deaf ears.

I can't answer this one, but he's always stated that his door is always open for fans... How true that is, i'm not sure...

Its about time some of us stood up and said something

to put it simple the way the club is being run in corneys absence coz lets be honest he aint here that much.

love this site all ways :censored:ing moaning about this and that some of us are standing up and making our voices heard and your all questioning why i :censored:ing cant no infact i can belive it.

And before anyone says arrange a meeting its been asked for plenty of times.

I'm just asking what the protest is about. Because further up it says Barry, but many of the grievances have nothing to do with him, despite him being a worthwhile grievance in himself.

in the year 2015 we have:

tried to sign a covicted rapist.

let our most promasing season for years go with a wimper after lj left.

spent 3 months searching for the right man to take us forward from the best applicants ever received, then brought someone in to replace him whilst stil in a job.

we have sold season tickets and boxes under the guidence it will be ready for the new season its now had 2 delays with a 3rd on the horizon. Tickets should not have been sold under the pretence it would be ready for the new season even if there was a fraction of doubt.

All this from a FAMILY CLUB.

Edited by Aarondo Westy

All of the above points are undoubtedly correct (although I don't know how the Athleticos, if they're the coordinators of this, can use the Evans saga as a stick to beat them with, after their banner from the following match) I just think it's the wrong time to protest.

The club needs uniting rather than dividing, with a half decent squad and the new stand opening soon there has to be an air of positivity. That is not to forget or excuse Corney and the board of some shocking decisions made this calendar year, and their generalintentions, which appear increasingly dubious, it is to question what protesting will achieve.

Are you protesting about Barry or are you protesting about all the other stuff?

If it's the latter, Corney calls the shots. He owns all the voting shares. You can piss him off with a protest or abuse if you like but he can use those shares in whichever way he chooses. Beware the unintended consequences. They could be a hell of a lot worse.

As for protesting about Barry fans have, for a decade, had the opportunity to shift him out. They've failed to take it and that chance has now gone.

Over the last couple of weeks he has been outrageously misquoted for the radio interview comments on promotion. He's been accused of behaviour after the Bradford game that, by reliable accounts, simply didn't happen and there was even a comment implying he and Corney repeated the behaviour after the Peterborough defeat which, again, appears to be made up.

So I'd suggest:

1) Know exactly who you're protesting about.

2) Be sure of the facts about why you're protesting about them.

3) Understand what you want to achieve by protesting.

4) Consider what any unintended consequences could be and balance them against the benefits you want.

A small mob shouting "We want Barry out because Corney :censored:ed up the cash flow for the stand and it's all because of Ched Evans and we'd quite like something to change ..." might not be particularly helpful.

Edited by opinions4u

Personally i think its clear why some would want to protest. The board are quite frankly taking us for mugs.

People saying careful of the consequences have to consider the alternative. Sitting back and letting them run this club into the wall.

Im not going to drag up the reasons why they should protest thats already been covered. For me tho a far more effective way of going about it is pressing for a fans meeting with corney and all board members ala when johnson was appointed. 10 or so fan representitives sat round a table putting forward nominated questions.

It would probably get you for more answers than the mob rule.

I'm trying really hard to stay switched on whilst reading your posts but find myself picking out the annoying mistakes instead.

Please don't do a protest. There'll be that few of you it'll just be cringey and embarrassing. If the time comes where we need to have a protest over whatever the hell yours protesting about, then we'll all do one, but 10 kids with banners will just look pathetic.

We i find it embarrassing that some of you will just sit back amd watch the club die.

The protest is for a number of reasons as my above posts poimt out.

We collectivly as fans are not happy amd have not been for ages we are moving backwards its plain for all to see.

well we are not takin it anymore you that wanna sit and say nothing keep getting trated like a mug ya are welcome to do just that.

but i tell you now there is more than just 10 kids that wanna do this.

We i find it embarrassing that some of you will just sit back amd watch the club die.

The protest is for a number of reasons as my above posts poimt out.

We collectivly as fans are not happy amd have not been for ages we are moving backwards its plain for all to see.

well we are not takin it anymore you that wanna sit and say nothing keep getting trated like a mug ya are welcome to do just that.

but i tell you now there is more than just 10 kids that wanna do this.

I didn't say not to protest. I gave some advice to help you evaluate the benefits and potential damage of any protest.

I don't sit on my arse and do nothing for the club either.

Are you protesting about Barry or are you protesting about all the other stuff?

If it's the latter, Corney calls the shots. He owns all the voting shares. You can piss him off with a protest or abuse if you like but he can use those shares in whichever way he chooses. Beware the unintended consequences. They could be a hell of a lot worse.

As for protesting about Barry fans have, for a decade, had the opportunity to shift him out. They've failed to take it and that chance has now gone.

Over the last couple of weeks he has been outrageously misquoted for the radio interview comments on promotion. He's been accused of behaviour after the Bradford game that, by reliable accounts, simply didn't happen and there was even a comment implying he and Corney repeated the behaviour after the Peterborough defeat which, again, appears to be made up.

So I'd suggest:

1) Know exactly who you're protesting about.

2) Be sure of the facts about why you're protesting about them.

3) Understand what you want to achieve by protesting.

4) Consider what any unintended consequences could be and balance them against the benefits you want.

A small mob shouting "We want Barry out because Corney :censored:ed up the cash flow for the stand and it's all because of Ched Evans and we'd quite like something to change ..." might not be particularly helpful.

Its a shame the board cant adopt your measured thought out approach, then many of our younger fans may not feel the need to protest at the way our club is being run. As I've posted previously my feeling is that I feel a protest is futile, its Simons party and if fans dont like it they will be best doing what the other 3000+ stayaways have done since the TTA came to the club. I must admit I'm shocked at some of those talking of protests they are very loyal fans home and away, week in week out.

Too many people are trying to reason with the logic of 14 year olds here.

We all know the idea of a protest is bollocks but they are 'the massif, they'll do what us want'.

A protest would be a very silly idea, especially without a single clear intention and justifiable reasons for that.

You can't call for the groundsmans head because the pies are cold.

Similarly you can't call for Barry's because LJ left.

Tread carefully or you'll have a lot of unintended consequences.

(Sit with the Athleticos? Like standing up at the game? Someone turned a blind eye to it? Might not in future.)

Protesting is ridiculous acting like kids, which most of the group protesting will be. You may not agree with the club but an opinion that the club doesn't agree with doesn't mean you protest. Like another poster put we have a brand new stand which will bring in income when fully functional which will enable us to bring in new players etc. not the time to protest. What image are you giving of the club/ your selfs of doing this, towards anyone looking at buying the club. Doesn't make sense and hopefully you lot protesting will stop this nonsense from happening.

Oh my saddens me so much to see you lot happy with whsts goin on. Ive outlined a few posts ago why we are doing this. Just look at the things that have happened in 2015 some of them unforgivable.

Our aim is to rid barry owen from the club and to wake up mr.corney to see that this has been a shocking year with regards to trust with the fans.

ffs we had a chance to go up last year but once lj left the board :censored:ed about and accepted we was safe so :censored: pushing the boat out a bit for promotion and letting fans dream we will get deano in and just stay in this league.

People have bought tickets in good faith the stand would be ready when it clearly wasnt.How many of the first time buyers will renew next year? We are on our 4th manager of the year! oh we tried to sign a :censored:ing rapist!! Are these really the actions of a family club??

People have stopped coming to games in there thousands shall this protest group just leave in silence like the rest of them? or try and get the club to see they are pushing fans away, yes there are other reasons fans chose to stay away i accept that.

Is 15th in league one really our aspirations?? if so pack it in now!

barry doing the finger on lips to fans, there taking you all for mugs!!

As with any protest it will start of small but it will grow i am sure of that.