Protest Ndxt Game

No it really won't grow. That's the thing you really don't see what protesting has done at the other league 1 club Blackpool? Absolutely nothing! Just pisses the owner off to stop putting funds in. Then what happens. We are back to the administration days. Now what do people think of Blackpool- joke of a club.

Going back to the rapist signing. We never heard a word when we signed Hughes who left the scene and left people to die. Amazing when you forget major things like that.

Edited by adamoafc

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i think its clear why some would want to protest. The board are quite frankly taking us for mugs.

People saying careful of the consequences have to consider the alternative. Sitting back and letting them run this club into the wall.

I agree they're taking us for mugs and have done for some time but can we really say they're running the club into the ground?

I'm not worried on that score.

We're certainly not moving forward on the pitch but, at worst, we will be off it once the stand is eventually finish.

The problem with this lot is that, no matter how successful the new stand turns out to be, they'll still somehow contrive to gain us no real benefit from it....

No it really won't grow. That's the thing you really don't see what protesting has done at the other league 1 club Blackpool? Absolutely nothing! Just pisses the owner off to stop putting funds in. Then what happens. We are back to the administration days. Now what do people think of Blackpool- joke of a club.

Going back to the rapist signing. We never heard a word when we signed Hughes who left the scene and left people to die. Amazing when you forget major things like that.

what about our ambitions? what are they? at the moment we and for the last few years only way out of league one looks to be relegation?

what about selling tickets to a nrw stand they knew would not be ready? care to tell me whats right about the above and why i should continue handing over my cash in silence and just accept it

I agree with aaron, the way the club is being run is nothing short of shambolic.Should we all sit back and do and say NOTHING?

Fair play to the lad and his friends, ive more time for him than the lemmings who just sit back and watch the pantomine that is oldham athletic limp towards a slow death

Edited by rigsby

what about our ambitions? what are they? at the moment we and for the last few years only way out of league one looks to be relegation?

what about selling tickets to a nrw stand they knew would not be ready? care to tell me whats right about the above and why i should continue handing over my cash in silence and just accept it

Just don't go talking with not being there is more effective than a pathetic childish protest which achieves nothing.

I agree they're taking us for mugs and have done for some time but can we really say they're running the club into the ground?

I'm not worried on that score.

We're certainly not moving forward on the pitch but, at worst, we will be off it once the stand is eventually finish.

The problem with this lot is that, no matter how successful the new stand turns out to be, THEY'LL SOMEHOW CONTRIVE TO GAIN US NO REAL BENEFIT FROM IT..

ITS CALLED OLDHAM EVENT CENTRE LTD

We i find it embarrassing that some of you will just sit back amd watch the club die.

The protest is for a number of reasons as my above posts poimt out.

We collectivly as fans are not happy amd have not been for ages we are moving backwards its plain for all to see.

well we are not takin it anymore you that wanna sit and say nothing keep getting trated like a mug ya are welcome to do just that.

but i tell you now there is more than just 10 kids that wanna do this.

Good on you for wanting to do something but you need to have a clearer message...

Maybe back it up with an online petition listing grievances...

It's occured to me recently that, if Corney can't sell and can't be here full time to run things properly (yeah, I know) then surely he can employ somebody who can?

There must be somebody out there who can be paid to do a better job than him even if he could be at BP full time?

A Sean Jarvis type or someone like the Latics fan who runs Shrewsbury....

Is there any reason why we can't headhunt an experienced person who can run a football club successfully....??

Edited by HarryBosch

Good on you for wanting to do something but you need to have a clearer message...

Maybe back it up with an online petition listing grievances...

It's occured to me recently that, if Corney can't sell and can't be here full time to run things properly (yeah, I know) then surely he can employ somebody who can?

There must be somebody out there who can be paid to do a better job than him even if he could be at BP full time?

A Sean Jarvis type or someone like the Latics fan who runs Shrewsbury....

Is there any reason why we can't headhunt an experienced person who can run a football club successfully....??

amen to that Edited by Aarondo Westy

If we win the next 6, the bigger picture won't seem to matter as much. There aren't many who don't feel changes are needed but with a new manager in place and a video due to come out with the intention of selling the club, the timing's all wrong. There was no talk of a protest before the sacking of Kelly so this is knee jerk.

Neil Joy heads the board in Corney's absence. He's an accountant by trade, which makes sense as we have to be prudent and balance the books.

Anthony Gee came in with his commercial background, passion for football etc but he's gone quiet.

I'm not aiming to be personal here but what value does Barry Owen bring to the board? All I can see is that he doesn't draw a wage but he dies take advantage of tickets in director box (if he pays for this then fine) plays all the hospitality pre-match, half-time and post match.

Is Ian Hill still involved?

The remit for some of these directors was to identify and recruit new investors but that's proven unsuccessful.

Apart from the snippets by Corney thee doesn't appear outwardly to be any leadership, inspiration or clear strategy apart from build the new stand and it will make us more self-sufficient but even that has failed to be delivered on time or even 1-2 months after planned completion date with no clear statement what income will be driven back into the club.

Neil Joy heads the board in Corney's absence. He's an accountant by trade, which makes sense as we have to be prudent and balance the books.

Anthony Gee came in with his commercial background, passion for football etc but he's gone quiet.

I'm not aiming to be personal here but what value does Barry Owen bring to the board? All I can see is that he doesn't draw a wage but he dies take advantage of tickets in director box (if he pays for this then fine) plays all the hospitality pre-match, half-time and post match.

Is Ian Hill still involved?

The remit for some of these directors was to identify and recruit new investors but that's proven unsuccessful.

Apart from the snippets by Corney thee doesn't appear outwardly to be any leadership, inspiration or clear strategy apart from build the new stand and it will make us more self-sufficient but even that has failed to be delivered on time or even 1-2 months after planned completion date with no clear statement what income will be driven back into the club.

I know I'm old and have slept since, but did a lady director come on board about may time? Dark haired lady? Edited by underdog

Any proof of that £1m O4U?

Words from somebody who would know. A realistic number.

I assume this number requires tenants in place, of which the OEC will be the major player.

I assume the number will be before additional costs for maintaining the builder.

I assume the £100k a year from hospital staff parking is lost.

I assume that much of the extra net income will be used to repay the increases debts of the football club.

The club isn't dying, it's surviving. With SC not being a billionaire he's keeping the club afloat. Until someone else buys then we have to wait. If he walked tomorrow, we have no club

So, basically, if im a wife beater, i can say to the wife, accept it, or the marriage is over. hmmmm, doesnt really wash with me your arguement .

Aaron,

Like others I can understand your frustration, but using a machine gun approach to everyone not agreeing with you won't help.

Our responses will only be the ame as thoe you are trying to connect with, so getting things "tighter" will only help your cause.

At this stage, a protest might not be the best solution, that may need to be saved for a later date. The phrase

But see below.

Oh my saddens me so much to see you lot happy with whsts goin on. Ive outlined a few posts ago why we are doing this. Just look at the things that have happened in 2015 some of them unforgivable.
You are assuming those disagreeing are happy.

Our aim is to rid barry owen from the club and to wake up mr.corney to see that this has been a shocking year with regards to trust with the fans.

Whilst I can see the point, most of the (valid) reasons for wanting to protest are actualy about Simon Corney's actions.

ffs we had a chance to go up last year but once lj left the board :censored:ed about and accepted we was safe so :censored: pushing the boat out a bit for promotion and letting fans dream we will get deano in and just stay in this league.

The key word here is Board, and collective resposnibility, so it can't all be down to Barry.

People have bought tickets in good faith the stand would be ready when it clearly wasnt.How many of the first time buyers will renew next year? We are on our 4th manager of the year! oh we tried to sign a :censored:ing rapist!! Are these really the actions of a family club??

Signing the Evans was down to Lee Johnson and he has gone.

Lee Johnson going was his choice, not Barry's or the Board.

Holden was only ever a stop gap.

Darren Kelly was a monument cock up, but ultimately, Simon Corney made the decision. It was clearly the wrong one and a punt too far. Him and Lee Johnson are the appointments that have caused most controversy, there was a good case for the others. Lee Johnson worked out better than expected. Darren Kelly worse than predicted. But that is the quickest Simon Corney has reacted to a manager. David Dunn may just be an interim, someone else may be lined up. I'd say the protest will be much more valid if Dunn fails too.

People have stopped coming to games in there thousands shall this protest group just leave in silence like the rest of them? or try and get the club to see they are pushing fans away, yes there are other reasons fans chose to stay away i accept that.

Agree, but whpping up more negativity is not going to bring them back. How about a song mid game to make the point?

Is 15th in league one really our aspirations?? if so pack it in now!

Semantic I feel, Barry just being clumsy. Not something you can protest about.

barry doing the finger on lips to fans, there taking you all for mugs!!

His reaction was wholy wrong, but again a protest is a bit much. A song would be far more effective.

As with any protest it will start of small but it will grow i am sure of that.

I know I'm old and have slept since, but did a lady director come on board about may time? Dark haired lady?

I'd have thought as a trust official you'd be the best of pals by now?

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/latics-appoint-anna-kocerhan-to-board-of-directors-2400069.aspx

Edited by BP1960

So, basically, if im a wife beater, i can say to the wife, accept it, or the marriage is over. hmmmm, doesnt really wash with me your arguement .

How is that even relevant comparison?

So, even taking it at face value, despite being wholly inappropriate,many wifes do exacly that and stay.

Nonetheless, the wife would have some access to money/benefits and accommodation even if it is a refuge centre. what access to funds aboe the pitiful gate would we have? We'd do a Stockport. We wouldn't even be able to finish the stand....

Edited by singe

I'd have thought as a trust official you'd be the best of pals by now?

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/latics-appoint-anna-kocerhan-to-board-of-directors-2400069.aspx

Heheh, not me I'm not that high up the food chain, although I did meet her in the ladies loos atThe end of season players bash....what said in the loo stays in the loo..ha

Thanks Harry and BP...I new there was a female In there somewhere

Edited by underdog