Can But Dream

Dunn's favourite manager was Big Sam

Big Sam is currently "resting"

Big Sam is 60 years old and may not want to do the all singing all dancing role any longer

Big Sam to be mentor/director of football/chief executive.....?

Edited by Dave_Og

Just to be clear no one has really argued with my points. more questioning the protest not the reasons behind it.

The fact you think this is remotlely possible is hilarious

check the title of the thread!!

But just to add:

There is no dyed in the wool football man on the board

We have suffered (probably) through a lack of experience among the management and coaching staff. Sam has nearly 1000 games as manager with a higher winning percentage than any Latics manager since 1963 with the execption (and this is true) of Mick Wadsworth.

Edited by Dave_Og

check the title of the thread!!

But just to add:

There is no dyed in the wool football man on the board

We have suffered (probably) through a lack of experience among the management and coaching staff. Sam has nearly 1000 games as manager with a higher winning percentage than any Latics manager since 1963 with the execption (and this is true) of Mick Wadsworth.

I agree. I've been thinking about this lately, mainly because SC seems to delegate to an ex-copper who's totally unqualifed and, well, just :censored:.

I'd like to see a football man come into the fold. Unlike a few others, i reckon big Sam would be a fantasitc appointment. i can't see it (hence why you say 'dream'), but it would be just what we need. If not, then someone similar. Replace the unqualifed Board member with some who has a wealth of actual experience. No brainer.

Big Sam is 60 years old and may not want to do the all singing all dancing role any longer

I thought of Allardyce before Kelly had even been sacked.

He seems the type who maybe, just maybe is so pissed off with top flight clubs he would drop down to our level.

I can't stand the bloke and his brand of football can be awful but anyone who would say no to him coming here wants sectioning... :grin:

I hope Allardyce was DD's favourite manager because of his man management skills rather than his tactics.

Good lord, people think Big Sam would be a bad appointment, apart from the fact he has managed in the Premier League for a good number of years, in a fairytale world if this could happen, i cant even fatham as to why anyone wouldnt want him here when you look at the managers we have had lately and currently employed?

Okay, he may be stuck with the label of a long ball/driect merchant but fuk me, if it was to get us out of this division i would certainly take it. We dont really havet the players to play like Barcelona, or even the Swansea side of a few years back when in our league. As well as that look at the Bolton side he assembled at one point- Jay Jay Okocha, Petrov, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Campo (possibly not all at once).

Stoke would also be a good model to follow- Tony Pullis played to the strengths of his players - direct, long throws etc- got them to the Premier League, established them in said league and then bought payers to change the style of play to a more "attractive" playing manor.

So if Big Sam wanted to hooof just like Ronnie to get us up- then so be it. it makes me laugh, even if we did have the choice to employ him, that people think he wouldnt be good enough for us and we would have the option to say no!!