FT Rochdale 0 Oldham 0

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know what you're expecting from them but it's certainly not 'piss poor'

It's piss poor at any level in the football league but more so at their highest position in league 1 EVER. What if the went up to the Championship? Would they break 3000? Maybe not the clubs fault but it is piss poor & that can't be argued.

Staggering bollocks from the OP.

We were solid, didn't look like conceding, and demonstrated further evidence that we're improving.

Rochdale played well and were solid themselves. I'd say we edged it 60-40 but lacked the composure, and Poleon holding his run better, to create better chances.

Miles, miles better than Doncaster in terms of a team performance and shape.

Four points from two away games.

Now it's crucial we improve at home.

It's piss poor at any level in the football league but more so at their highest position in league 1 EVER. What if the went up to the Championship? Would they break 3000? Maybe not the clubs fault but it is piss poor & that can't be argued.

Yes it can. They simply don't have a bigger fanbase

Not got time for a full roundup but i wanted to mention Brian Wilson. He started last year really well then just seemed to lose all ability to do anything decent.

I was shocked to see him at CB on tues and even more so today but i thought he looked extrememly comfortable after being written off as a latics player.

Well done that man

Edited by Fruitygoo

They've done virtually nothing for 100+ years of history. For all you know they may be exhausting their fanbase right now.

I think Latics have proved that being a League 1 side doesn't attract supporters, best season of your history or not...

Brian Wilson looks made for that position, mom for me, totally solid and aware of everything around him, just a shame he fluffed the header in front of goal in the 1st half. Yes it was a :censored: game, we couldn't find our passing boots and we actually looked better when we went 4-4-2. Thought the ref had an ok game apart from a couple of soft bookings. And well done for a great save from Cornell when the lad got put through 2nd half, I actually think he deserves to be our 1st choice at the moment.

Staggering bollocks from the OP.

We were solid, didn't look like conceding, and demonstrated further evidence that we're improving.

Rochdale played well and were solid themselves. I'd say we edged it 60-40 but lacked the composure, and Poleon holding his run better, to create better chances.

Miles, miles better than Doncaster in terms of a team performance and shape.

Four points from two away games.

Now it's crucial we improve at home.

What? What game were you at? About 90% of the time we had 10 men behind the ball. Not one shot on target for which lillis could have stood with a cuppa and not been pressured. Yes we look "composed" at the back but how can you measure this when they had a similar kind of game. Had allessandra not missed that sitter they would have gone on and won

As I said not the clubs fault but how big is Rochdale? If they reach the Championship is that it? Less than 3000 or will more turn up?

Who gives a :censored:, they dont so why do you? Shall we all get our cocks out and compare them at our next home game?

They are above us and our massive following so they are probably feeling quite content with themselves, they dont get all pretentious like your good self.

What? What game were you at? About 90% of the time we had 10 men behind the ball. Not one shot on target for which lillis could have stood with a cuppa and not been pressured. Yes we look "composed" at the back but how can you measure this when they had a similar kind of game. Had allessandra not missed that sitter they would have gone on and won

We may well have started playing if that had of gone in.

Who gives a :censored:, they dont so why do you? Shall we all get our cocks out and compare them at our next home game?

They are above us and our massive following so they are probably feeling quite content with themselves, they dont get all pretentious like your good self.

:censored: off! Pretentious? The amount of bull :censored: you spout on here every week!

All I've read all week on here is how we are taking more fans to their ground than they have ! Means :censored: all lf you don't win!

Awful. Absolute Awful! Not a shot on target. Probably one of the worst performances this season. MOTM if there is one was Kelly who mopped up when needed

Seriously? Peterborough was one of the worst in living memory. Scunthorpe was bad.

Today was a long way off that...i mean, a long way.

Would like to see Jones back in his midfield position ahead of Fulton, who I thought was average today.

Poleon needs playing further forward and more direct, too, off the shoulder of Higdon. Desperate for pace and movement up top. Some lovely interplay between Winchester and Philliskirk but nothing beyond them.

On a side note, Dale have got a decent future ahead of them if their whole academy is as good as those lads at half time...

Interesting and good to hear that Brian Wilson looked comfortable at centre back again. Swindon wasn't really a fair test because they had a small team in general so I was wondering if he would do well against bigger strikers. Sounds like he did.

Arguably more importantly it allows us to have an experienced player partnering the other Wilson at centre back, which has seemed to bring the best out of him in the past.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Would like to see Jones back in his midfield position ahead of Fulton, who I thought was average today.

Poleon needs playing further forward and more direct, too, off the shoulder of Higdon. Desperate for pace and movement up top. Some lovely interplay between Winchester and Philliskirk but nothing beyond them.

On a side note, Dale have got a decent future ahead of them if their whole academy is as good as those lads at half time...

Don't agree, Fulton has been good, true central midfielder which has helped Kelly, Jones would not be an improvement in there.

Interesting and good to hear that Brian Wilson looked comfortable at centre back again. Swindon wasn't really a fair test because they had a small team in general so I was wondering if he would do well against bigger strikers. Sounds like he did.

Arguably more importantly it allows us to have an experienced player partnering the other Wilson at centre back, which has seemed to bring the best out of him in the past.

Yes, we might have just stumbled on one there with B. Wilson.