FT Rochdale 0 Oldham 0

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be more worried if we were at home and played like Rochdale did.

Which we often do but...

I was surprised at how often they went all the way back to the keeper, even from just outside our box it found its way back on many occasions, all in the name of possession I would think.

Strange game. They were poor and never really threatened to cause us problems but still managed to hit the post, miss from 3 yards and create a one on one. I thought the game was there for the taking but we looked reluctant to commit to trying to win it. We were better than them but I could have played in goal for them. Strange

Don't agree, Fulton has been good, true central midfielder which has helped Kelly, Jones would not be an improvement in there.

Only the second time I've seen him, today. Must've been an off-day then.

Surely Jones hasn't lost what he had last season - and he is a true midfielder, no? The Kelly-Jones partnership has been excellent in the past. Don't know why it wouldn't work this time around.

Maybe a bit reactionary to suggest changing teams after an incoherent performance, given the same one put out an excellent one the other night. It was very not good, in fairness.

Can't be arsed trawling through previous reports, but that was a very negative performance, created feck all ( did their keeper have a shot to save?)

Our build up play was too slow and we needed to push up more, after a cracking pre match build up, that was poor fayre

Eight games and one win, I do wish this clown would go and have a go coaching Blackburn's reserves, somewhere he's liked.

I wouldnt be to sure things are all well and good between David Dunn and Blackburn Rovers. Lets put it this way dont be expecting latics to sign any rovers players at all. If they do i will give £20 to playershare

No....unless they show winchester turning Henderson and landing him on his arse in front of the Oldham fans over and over again!

Great moment. Just like Connor Brown mugging him off last season.

He just doesn't like playing us, especially seeing as he'll rip plenty of other teams apart.

There were 20 minutes in the second half where Winchester was a joy to watch. Ran the game, and if it was for better players around him or movement in front, we'd have made something happen. Think that turn on Henderson was during that spell. No Dale player could touch him.

It wasn't great but Dunn lost two of his subs to injuries. Made it tough for him to change things later on, when Winch, Higdon, Fulton were flagging.

We didn't click today. But I think they adapted to cut off Kelly, which absolutely strangles us.

B Wilson did very well, as did Dummigan.

Edited by josh_latics

lets be honest on Monday if we got offered 4 points from Swindon and Rochdale away we all would of taken it. I would of rather we beat Rochdale and drew with Swindon but ultimatley its still 4 points

I'd take this further back and include Sheff Utd. 5 points from these three games is a solid performance. I'd have taken that even if we'd gone into it in sparkling form....

Typical Derby thought Dale were over physical at times - B Wilson and Kelly excellent. Always going to be a close encounter and from that Dale are in a false position being top half if we had had a Harkins type out there that would have been the difference. I'll take 4 points from 2 difficult looking away games and it's all about Burton now - we have to start winning at home though that's where our destiny will be decided. Still I'd rather be us than Barnsley- us being difficult to beat only having lost 3 in 15. Manager of the year is now in the bottom 4 having lost more than half his games...

Edited by oafcprozac

Poor game sums it up with Brian Wilson having the most shots for us. Think the atmosphere was very disappointing probably due to the fact that many day trippers were out in force and the poor quality on the pitch.

Quote from an article I've just read about the Tyne-Wear derby:

"They're quite clinical now" says McFadden. "When I was a kid you'd just walk to the ground and pay to get in. Now, it's like a military exercise. I don't think the atmosphere is what it was."

Allocated seating and the police presence could easily relate to that, nor can the :censored: game have helped either, or the fact there was nothing from the home ends - that's one of the reasons I've always preferred Huddersfield away.

Seriously? Peterborough was one of the worst in living memory. Scunthorpe was bad.

Today was a long way off that...i mean, a long way.

Think you can only judge kelly from what he's does from here on in rightly or wrongly he had legs cut off at Latics and 2 of our best performances this season were under his tenure Walsall and Bury away and should of won both. The game was already up by Peterborough and everybody new it. Just need to stop comparing both and move on

There were 20 minutes in the second half where Winchester was a joy to watch. Ran the game, and if it was for better players around him or movement in front, we'd have made something happen. Think that turn on Henderson was during that spell. No Dale player could touch him.

And what about the other 70 (75) minutes? Should we just ignore that?

Edited by ChaddySmoker

And what about the other 70 (75) minutes? Should we just ignore that?

Dear oh dear. Not this again.

I thought he was excellent all match, actually. I picked out that particular passage because it was an absolutely superb display of how to keep the ball and move forwards. The midfield were all decent, there was just nothing ahead of them - if it wasn't for Tuesday, I'd be questioning how on earth that midfield suits having a Higdon-type up top. It was crying out for Poleon there instead.

On another note, Winch won a few headers this week against bigger blokes again, or was you having a piss when that happened...?