FACUP R1: Mansfield Town 0 Oldham Athletic 0

Dunn isn't good enough for the role, similar record to Kelly and we struggled to beat a chairman-managed Swindon for his only victory. They players we have got are much better than 2 wins this season, we should be a mid-table side minimum.

Roughly 12 months ago we went to Spotland and turned over a good Rochdale side 3-0, we looked classy, a side that could go on and be well in the play offs. We are a shadow of that side now.

Problem after problem ever since then, lots of mismanagement. The board have really messed up this last year. Trying to sign Evans, letting LJ go, appointing DH season over, new stand taking forever to open, appointing Darren Kelly but keeping Dunn in the shadows, then appointing him and things not improving! The board feels like Phoenix Nights, going from one bad decision to another.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we would struggle defensively today, playing 4-4-2 with our two central midfielders being Philly and Winchester was always going to be a tough ask defensively, but it was testament to how well our back four played that we actually looked stronger defensively this week than we did last week.

If I was Dunn, James Wilson would be needing his tracksuit for a few games, Dieng and Brian Wilson did very well as a pair today for me. OK so we were playing Mansfield but they looked good.

I thought Yeates and Fuller looked good in patches but Fuller tired very easily and is obviously nowhere near match fit.

Cornell being missing is a bit of a worry.

That lad from MK who BP recommended looked quite good, some nice little touches, and he was taller than I expected him to be.

Oh and finally despite being someone who is anti-smoking it was nice to see Mansfield letting people smoke behind the stand, it was uncovered after all, but I couldn't quite understand why they had a bloke checking to gent's toilets unless it was for other contra-band. Their tannoy was worse than ours though, and that is saying something.

Dunn isn't good enough for the role, similar record to Kelly and we struggled to beat a chairman-managed Swindon for his only victory. They players we have got are much better than 2 wins this season, we should be a mid-table side minimum.

Roughly 12 months ago we went to Spotland and turned over a good Rochdale side 3-0, we looked classy, a side that could go on and be well in the play offs. We are a shadow of that side now.

Problem after problem ever since then, lots of mismanagement. The board have really messed up this last year. Trying to sign Evans, letting LJ go, appointing DH season over, new stand taking forever to open, appointing Darren Kelly but keeping Dunn in the shadows, then appointing him and things not improving! The board feels like Phoenix Nights, going from one bad decision to another.

Can we stop with this Dunn isn't good enough nonsense? Deserves at have at least one transfer window.

Can we stop with this Dunn isn't good enough nonsense? Deserves at have at least one transfer window.

You say it like he hasn't brought any players in.

Even with the squad he inherited I expected him to be doing better than he is doing. Good managers can get a group of players together and get them to improve

He won't be good enough, he might not even keep us up. Give someone else the window.

You say it like he hasn't brought any players in.

Even with the squad he inherited I expected him to be doing better than he is doing. Good managers can get a group of players together and get them to improve

He won't be good enough, he might not even keep us up. Give someone else the window.

Why should he be doing better? Squad lacks ability and quality and he's never managed before.

Agree with a lot of what you're saying there except the struggled to beat Swindon bit. If we'd taken our chances we'd have won by miles. Hardly Dunn's fault that Winchester and Higdon missed sitters.

Interestingly, just watching the Chelsea game and you can see similar traits - a team on a bad run, under pressure. They started well but as the game wore on you could see the confidence draining. Especially when they went behind. After that touches got heavier, misplaced passes, falling over themselves.

Obviously not comparing us directly to Chelsea but I think a team lacking in confidence is similar in any league. They're geed up by management and sent out feeling positive but the longer we go without scoring the more the confidence drains and the less likely we are to score. Then the crowd get edgy and the whole thing self perpetuates.

If we could just score early, especially in a home game, we might kick start something. Here's hoping anyway.

Our midfield looked weak but we didnt use it and they went over or around it so we could have had anyone in there...

We were awful, end of...anybody whose glass is half full after that needs to take a long hard luck. We were lucky, 2 cleared off line and they missed an open goal.

We made an old overweight keeper make one save...a simple one at that.

What annoys me is that there were lower league teams running their balls off all over the country today...some getting wallaped and some winning. I saw 8/9 players who simply couldnt care less..which is how ill feel when it comes to deciding whether to go to the replay.

Right now, id happily never watch them again

Cup runs are slow burners and can ignite at any moment. We are still in and who knows what may happen...who will remember Mansfield away if we are beat Salford City on Tv and draw Arsenal at home in the third round?

Having said that would I be surprised if we lost the replay? No

Our midfield looked weak but we didnt use it and they went over or around it so we could have had anyone in there...

We were awful, end of...anybody whose glass is half full after that needs to take a long hard luck. We were lucky, 2 cleared off line and they missed an open goal.

We made an old overweight keeper make one save...a simple one at that.

What annoys me is that there were lower league teams running their balls off all over the country today...some getting wallaped and some winning. I saw 8/9 players who simply couldnt care less..which is how ill feel when it comes to deciding whether to go to the replay.

Right now, id happily never watch them again

didn't go, but surely only having one central midfielder playing will be why they hit it long. Especially with Fuller and Higdon up top.

Might not have played well, but hopefully Kelly and Jones will be back for the replay, and maybe one or two others. The replay will be the best chance of turning the crap home form around in a while.

I went, wish I hadn't. That was awful. Worst I've seen us bar Posh at home...Anyone who went to Donny away and thought that was bad...This was 10x worse.

I genuinely don't think we made more than 4 passes in a move at all today. When I saw the line up I thought we'd get at them down the flanks and whip balls in to Fuller and Higdon - not at all what happened. Higdons first touch is a disgrace for a professional footballer, won a few knock downs to fuller (who tried hard to be fair to him but just isn't fit and missed a sitter) but just doesn't look arsed one bit.

Poleon was shocking, Winchesters probably my favourite player of this bunch but he had a mare today. Philly I honestly can't remember having a touch. It really was terrible that...Mansfield looked the league 1 side.

Thank christ for that 19 year old we have on loan from Burnley...Dummigan can hold his head high, it's taking a kid to clear 2 chances off the line to keep us in the FA cup against Mansfield. He looked the only player with a footballing brain...Not just hoofing it and :censored:ting himself as soon as he gets the ball.

Dieng to be fair looked solid as did Wilson.

Not looking good.

stagman , i told you super stags could play a bit now , but well done latics taking us to a replay but i still fancy our chances , looking forward to coming up a week on tuesday ,remember monday at 7pm see who we have in the next round .up for grabs and may the best team win stagman always

Edited by stagman

Might not have played well, but hopefully Kelly and Jones will be back for the replay, and maybe one or two others. The replay will be the best chance of turning the crap home form around in a while.

Jones might be back but no doubt he'll be in the wrong position....

stagman , i told you super stags could play a bit now , but well done latics taking us to a replay but i still fancy our chances , looking forward to coming up a week on tuesday ,remember monday at 7pm see who we have in the next round .up for grabs and may the best team win stagman always

Well said

I went, wish I hadn't. That was awful. Worst I've seen us bar Posh at home...Anyone who went to Donny away and thought that was bad...This was 10x worse.

I genuinely don't think we made more than 4 passes in a move at all today. When I saw the line up I thought we'd get at them down the flanks and whip balls in to Fuller and Higdon - not at all what happened. Higdons first touch is a disgrace for a professional footballer, won a few knock downs to fuller (who tried hard to be fair to him but just isn't fit and missed a sitter) but just doesn't look arsed one bit.

Poleon was shocking, Winchesters probably my favourite player of this bunch but he had a mare today. Philly I honestly can't remember having a touch. It really was terrible that...Mansfield looked the league 1 side.

Thank christ for that 19 year old we have on loan from Burnley...Dummigan can hold his head high, it's taking a kid to clear 2 chances off the line to keep us in the FA cup against Mansfield. He looked the only player with a footballing brain...Not just hoofing it and :censored:ting himself as soon as he gets the ball.

Dieng to be fair looked solid as did Wilson.

Not looking good.

I didnt go Aaron but thanks for the report. That midfield always looked lightweight and a draw was excusable today even with a crap performance

You drew 0-0 with us at a very low ebb. Not sure that means you can play a bit.

Good lad Stagman, just dont let the perpetual optimism on this board get to you

If it lacks ability, and he's brought in what must be more than half a team, then does that mean that fewer than 5 of the rest are adequate for League 1 football?

How many of that team today were brought in by Dunn? The Burnley lad and Higdon? Any others?

So that leaves us with 9 that werent plus another 5 who couldnt play today.

Its not Dunn's team yet-nowhere near. So just give him a break