FACUP R1: Mansfield Town 0 Oldham Athletic 0

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stagman , i told you super stags could play a bit now , but well done latics taking us to a replay but i still fancy our chances , looking forward to coming up a week on tuesday ,remember monday at 7pm see who we have in the next round .up for grabs and may the best team win stagman always

This makes far better reading when you read it back in Macho Man Randy Savage's voice. Oooh yeah!

How many of that team today were brought in by Dunn? The Burnley lad and Higdon? Any others?

So that leaves us with 9 that werent plus another 5 who couldnt play today.

Its not Dunn's team yet-nowhere near. So just give him a break

Eckersley, another man stealing a living at the club, shocking today.

Can we stop with this Dunn isn't good enough nonsense? Deserves at have at least one transfer window.

By the transfer window the damage will be terminal and Dunn's cluelessness and Corney's punt will have achieved the aim of taking us out of this league that was absolutely wank today. Safe option time and again not one winner amongst them, absolute bottle merchants and Mansfield were just as bad thank :censored:!

Edited by oafcprozac

By the transfer window the damage will be terminal and Corney will have achieved his aim of taking us out of this league that was absolutely wank today. Safe option time and again not one winner amongst them, absolute bottle merchants and Mansfield were just as bad thank :censored:!

This 100%

I thought the back 4 played well. Dieng needs to remain in the side.

Yeates is terrible, No end product at all. We must have a young lad who could take his spot. Piss poor. Poleon huffs and puffs but losing faith in him.

Dull Danny and Winchester had to play holding roles today, not their games so can be spared too much grief.

Higdon overweight and lazy. What can I say about big Lee Croft, could barely break a job, belly looked like a lava lamp when he tried to beat their left back.

Overall mark out of ten: Totally :censored:e.

A replay serves us well. If we get a :censored: prospective tie for Round 2, we could play the youth team in the replay, chuck the game and we can all do our Christmas shopping on the first weekend in December...

At least the youth team in cups know how to score goals.

Salford City's performance last night and the documentary series showed how simple this game was two committed coaches taking their players to task for playing the safe option of sideways and backwards. If only we had a manager with the same attitude....football isn't a difficult game it's over complicated by training courses, badges and :censored:ing dossiers....two dogs of war two midfielders, and decent strikers and watch is go instead we employ bottle merchants who hide on four figures a week, Liam on couldn't give a guck midfielders and employ coaches too scared to lose a game ...pass the :censored:ing ball yes keep possession but love and give a forward option dropping in and a refusal to move forward = forever passing in our own half then hoof! The ultimate result? Oldham nil....

Edited by oafcprozac

By the transfer window the damage will be terminal and Dunn's cluelessness and Corney's punt will have achieved the aim of taking us out of this league that was absolutely wank today. Safe option time and again not one winner amongst them, absolute bottle merchants and Mansfield were just as bad thank :censored:!

Manager can't inject quality where there is none, there's no magic wand.

Salford City's performance last night and the documentary series showed how simple this game was two committed coaches taking their players to task for playing the safe option of sideways and backwards. If only we had a manager with the same attitude....football isn't a difficult game it's over complicated by training courses, badges and :censored:ing dossiers....two dogs of war two midfielders, and decent strikers and watch is go instead we employ bottle merchants who hide on four figures a week, Liam on couldn't give a guck midfielders and employ coaches too scared to lose a game ...pass the :censored:ing ball yes keep possession but love and give a forward option dropping in and a refusal to move forward = forever passing in our own half ten hood! The ultimate result? Oldham nil....

I've always thought that a decent keeper, a good striker and 9 cloggers would get us promoted...

He'd have been sent off in a proper football league game within 15 mins. Lets not get all romantic about his display Friday night.

I think the whole team certainly brought the romance back to the FA Cup.

Can we be sure our players will put in such a performance in the Mansfield replay?

Would you prefer the Salford City right back from what you've seen of them both?

The fact Chris Lynch works nights before games and plays at the level he does is testament to the bloke, he mailnly played as a centrehalf at Ashton, it just goes to show the fine line between those paid to play fulltime and those in it for the love of the game. You cant train players to have heart and desire something Lynch has in abundance.

That was crap but at least we looked solid. Dieng and Wilson did ok and I liked he played 442 but not sure what people expect when that back line won't have played before, the midfield won't have played as a 4 before and that's the first time the front 2 have played as a partnership.

They can only improve and have enough ability as long as we play a settled side. Dunn is doing ok from what he was left. Yeates needs to produce a cross and croft needs to loose weight. Kelly and jones in centre midfield and. Dieng in the team and we will do ok. Higdon's goal record is brilliant so he will score if we put decent crosses in. Fancy us in the return as that was their best effort and we will be stronger in the return

The fact Chris Lynch works nights before games and plays at the level he does is testament to the bloke, he mailnly played as a centrehalf at Ashton, it just goes to show the fine line between those paid to play fulltime and those in it for the love of the game. You cant train players to have heart and desire something Lynch has in abundance.

I would strongly suggest that lads playing at Salford City (and most other sides at that level) are playing for much more than the love of the game. £200 a game (give or take) on top of a decent job is serious money.

I would strongly suggest that lads playing at Salford City (and most other sides at that level) are playing for much more than the love of the game. £200 a game (give or take) on top of a decent job is serious money.

Some are on more than double that. Their top earners will be on more than a fair few of our squad.

I agree I know a couple of lads who are on £200 a week retainers plus appearance money, its still a world away from our pros though who dont have to worry about working shifts, training two or three nights a week before or after work and still travelling the same amount of miles to play at weekends without the luxury of overnight stays.