This better be the worst feeling I experience this season

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually enjoyed the second half .

we improved second half, after the first and then second sub.

First half, no chances. Poor tactics. Poleon was totally stranded upfront. We kept playing high balls to him, just to make matters worse.

Second half did get better and this was an improvement on many home performances, but to play the little fella on his own against a team below is really :censored:. The lad from MK was crap. We decided to ignore Yeates on the wing in the first half.

i nearly froze to death. I might leave it for a few weeks.

Coleman will sign for another club and be good. None of the current players' game will improve while they're here.

That's my concern about Rasulo, he will leave in January without being used to the best of his ability and will probably go to higher club, just like Daniel Johnson, and shine with them.

Edited by BP1960

That's my concern about Rasulo, he will leave in January without being used to the best of his ability and will probably go to higher club, just like Daniel Johnson, and shine with them.

Johnson shone here. Not his fault some are oblivious to true quality.

Unless we unearth a gem, you won't see a better player than him wear the shirt for a long time. He's certainly the best I've seen for Latics for a few years.

Why oh why have i bought tickets for Tuesday in advance ?

Fiver a pop on the face of it seemed great but,and that is a massive BUT !!! do i really want to sit through another freezing 90 minutes of that :censored:e ?

Errrrrrr, not a chance !

Hope you are on the computer tonight Dunny, you certainly need to pick up a few tips from those kids on football manager.

Why oh why have i bought tickets for Tuesday in advance ?

Fiver a pop on the face of it seemed great but,and that is a massive BUT !!! do i really want to sit through another freezing 90 minutes of that :censored:e ?

Errrrrrr, not a chance !

Hope you are on the computer tonight Dunny, you certainly need to pick up a few tips from those kids on football manager.

Could have borrowed someone's ST for free and had the pain

Johnson shone here. Not his fault some are oblivious to true quality.

Unless we unearth a gem, you won't see a better player than him wear the shirt for a long time. He's certainly the best I've seen for Latics for a few years.

Johnson had one poor home game here when played wrongly (almost as a holding midfielder) was what I was getting at, soon after that he left.

Edited by BP1960

What happened to DDs comments about getting at them from the start? Poor tactics,beaten in midfield,they were always quicker to the ballespecially in the first half and could have been 4 up at half time.Thought our players should have taken first time shots rather than try to control and shoot by which time they were blocked.Keeper was woeful at times with crosses and crap corners time after time completly wasted.Thought things improved after Higdon came on.We did not deserve anything today but thought we could and should be able to hang on and not concede another late goal.Just hope now we can get something from the next two games to get sme confidence back in the players.i am still thawing outand will have to warm up and console myself with a bottle of malt.Just to add insult to injury I went to see for the first time my name brick and found it hidden behind a bloody downspout.Typical Latics...you could not make it up!!!

What happened to DDs comments about getting at them from the start? Poor tactics,beaten in midfield,they were always quicker to the ballespecially in the first half and could have been 4 up at half time.Thought our players should have taken first time shots rather than try to control and shoot by which time they were blocked.Keeper was woeful at times with crosses and crap corners time after time completly wasted.Thought things improved after Higdon came on.We did not deserve anything today but thought we could and should be able to hang on and not concede another late goal.Just hope now we can get something from the next two games to get sme confidence back in the players.i am still thawing outand will have to warm up and console myself with a bottle of malt.Just to add insult to injury I went to see for the first time my name brick and found it hidden behind a bloody downspout.Typical Latics...you could not make it up!!!

We lost the initiative with the formation chosen, no words would have made Kelly and Dieng cross the halfway line to get at them from the start.

I think Higdon cleanly won two balls today. One went the way of anything he won at chesterfield - straight back to the defence. The other was a decent flick on. Given his size he was beaten to most headers when he came on. But, to balance the negative at least it gave their defence something to worry about. Dieng should be full-back or centre half.

We play at home with sloping shoulders and no enthusiasm. Yates run for the goal is about the only attacking throw I remember someone showing for. Most throwers are greeted with a maximum of two or three static players and it usually gets chucked back towards our goal.

I'm starting to think this is even worse than the days when our only attacks came from a Scott McNiven long cross from the half way line.

Most of you wanted Higdon dropped, shows how clueless most of you are.

Dieng has to play, shows how clueless most of you are.

You didn't go on Tuesday then Higdon was awful, he was poor against Mansfield in the first game too. I didn't go to Chesterfield so cannot comment.

Rasulo on the other hand obviously changed the game against Chesterfield and definitely changed the game against Mansfield.

Just because he was good in the second half today doesn't mean Dunn wasn't right to drop him.

I can see what Dunn is doing playing Kelly and Dieng in midfield, when he is playing 4-4-2, but there was no need for it today, as he was playing 4-5-1.

Dieng has played very well, when he has played in defence, he's a much better defender than a midfielder, I've not seen anything particular from J. Wilson that has meant he should have automatically regained his place after being out for Mansfield.

If this the team up for it, ready to prove a point to their previous managerial team, then we are really are in trouble.

I'm sorry to say but not having a shot literally until the 60 oddth minute is dire.

Barnsley wanted it more and although they were not great, deserved the win...yes I know the ref was not great but Christ....I couldn't wIt for the game to end

You didn't go on Tuesday then Higdon was awful, he was poor against Mansfield in the first game too. I didn't go to Chesterfield so cannot comment.

Rasulo on the other hand obviously changed the game against Chesterfield and definitely changed the game against Mansfield.

Just because he was good in the second half today doesn't mean Dunn wasn't right to drop him.

I can see what Dunn is doing playing Kelly and Dieng in midfield, when he is playing 4-4-2, but there was no need for it today, as he was playing 4-5-1.

Dieng has played very well, when he has played in defence, he's a much better defender than a midfielder, I've not seen anything particular from J. Wilson that has meant he should have automatically regained his place after being out for Mansfield.

Higdon might have been awful but the team won, which I'm told is the only thing that matters.

No problem with playing with two holding midfielders, Fulton has been doing a good job there so he should have been playing.

Dieng/B.Wilson/J.Wilson much of a muchness at centre back so pick any two from them.

Edited by deyres42

Higdon might have been awful but the team won, which I'm told is the only thing that matters.

No problem with playing with two holding midfielders, Fulton has been doing a good job there so he should have been playing.

Dieng/B.Wilson/J.Wilson much of a muchness at centre back so pick any two from them.

Higdon was subbed at 0-0, so by your logic, the team that won should have been the team that was picked to start, and I'm fairly certain it was.

You could argue Higdon can soften up/tire a defence for 70 minutes after which Rasulo or somebody can come on to take advantage.

Dunn should be getting goals out of him though. Everyone else who's managed him did before his injury hit spell at Sheff Utd....

Yes, very much so, moving away from that today kind of smacks of overthinking it.

I also enjoyed the second half. Barnsley should have been out of sight at the break and we couldn't live with Hammill, but the second half performance was good and we looked like the only team who was going to win it until that cluster:censored: defending for the winner.

Atmosphere in the North Stand was good second half too.

And for all the criticism on here of Dunn, his two substitutions were spot on and almost won us the game.

And for all the criticism on here of Dunn, his two substitutions were spot on and almost won us the game.

No, those substitutions say to me he's :censored:ing clueless to have left poleon on his own for 70 minutes. People have every right to criticise a manager who has only beaten a shocking Swindon side and a league 2 team in 2 attempts

Yes, very much so, moving away from that today kind of smacks of overthinking it.

Agree overthinking can upset the apple cart, we score goals when we have to go for it with 2 up front and the midfield more advanced, can't we start that way?

No, those substitutions say to me he's :censored:ing clueless to have left poleon on his own for 70 minutes. People have every right to criticise a manager who has only beaten a shocking Swindon side and a league 2 team in 2 attempts

I'm not saying he was without fault. It's just that things aren't always as black and white as some on here would have you believe. In the same way Higdon has gone from :censored: to great in four days, Dieng's gone from the answer to the problem, ditto Brian Wilson.

He got that right and it almost won us the game.

And you forgot Chesterfield. When he turned it around. Like he did with his subs on Tuesday.

But most would agree a sub who comes on and changes a game should earn a start next game.

Likewise the subbed player should lose his starting place if he hasn't played well enough to stay on, especially a striker...

It's not always that simple but sticking with what finally won you two games in a row does seem even simpler.