Southend home game tactics?

Blame the players they are F****** :censored:e.......he can only go with what he's got!!!

Sorry got to disagree. Most of this squad was with johnson last year when for a period we were really competitive.

Dunn may have been a good player but he's clueless as a manager. To think this board went all incendiary last year when Phil Browns name was mentioned.and that's not mentioning the crowd at £5 a head...

The club is in danger of going to hell in a hand cart.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting totally drained by it all to the point I can't be arsed and that's bad.

So tonight, we had more shots, more corners that beat the first man, scored twice but bloody hell defence what has happened to our defence a Gk whose confidence is shot he can't jump for a cross.

A match that saw 7 goals and I'm not exhilarated at all, well my only concern was if their player was alright after he knocked himself out.

Can we pull it out of the bag? I don't know we have Cassidy, Forte, crofty and some other to come back from injury.

The fans have turned, the strongest advocates the athleticos who sing and support through think and thin have had enough.

Something not right, some of these were here last season so why isn't it working.

Too be fair you can't plan for when your keeper has a complete fking nightmare...poor start AGAIN but at 2-3 it's game on... yeates running at will and higdon winning headers then step forward David Cornell. .

Don't exempt him from the third goal - the lack of conviction to go and challenge was a disgrace and his footwork was worse. He is one of the worst we have had - any team who do not load the box against him have clearly never watched him!!

Don't exempt him from the third goal - the lack of conviction to go and challenge was a disgrace and his footwork was worse. He is one of the worst we have had - any team who do not load the box against him have clearly never watched him!!

I don't exempt him from any of the 5 ..I blame the hopeless :censored:er for the lot!

Too be fair you can't plan for when your keeper has a complete fking nightmare...poor start AGAIN but at 2-3 it's game on... yeates running at will and higdon winning headers then step forward David Cornell. .

Dunn's bollocksed both keepers. He's set a precedent now of one mistake and you're out. Both keepers have no confidence, which shakes the back four, and you end up with a load of mistakes.

He has no idea of: his best system, his best players, how to win a game, how to grind out results, anything. He'll take us down.

Dunn's bollocksed both keepers. He's set a precedent now of one mistake and you're out. Both keepers have no confidence, which shakes the back four, and you end up with a load of mistakes.

He has no idea of: his best system, his best players, how to win a game, how to grind out results, anything. He'll take us down.

Agree.

I also agree..... but professionally those goals were inexcusable. If he even attempts to highpoint the ball and fumbles - that happens. To completely abdicate his responsibilities like he did in the second half was shameful.

I can't understand why we're so lethargic at the start of most matches, we should come out and attempt to pin the opposition back and get the fans geed up. We invariably hand the initiative to the opposition, let them dictate the play and end up chasing the game.

It seems passion is in short supply, a result of too many loaners?......I don't know, but we must start games at an higher tempo.

I can't understand why we're so lethargic at the start of most matches, we should come out and attempt to pin the opposition back and get the fans geed up. We invariably hand the initiative to the opposition, let them dictate the play and end up chasing the game.

It seems passion is in short supply, a result of too many loaners?......I don't know, but we must start games at an higher tempo.

Two holding midfielders again, Fulton in particular was awful, big gap of about 30 yards to the strikers, no right winger, its a familiar pattern until we have to abandon it and chase the game. Plus we have some physically weak players who the opposition just trample over.

Edited by BP1960

Two holding midfielders again, Fulton in particular was awful, big gap of about 30 yards to the strikers, no right winger, its a familiar pattern until we have to abandon it and chase the game. Plus we have some physically weak players who the opposition just trample over.

I thought that last night too, we have too many players who regularly lose their individual battles, we need some strength and aggression right through the spine of the team.

Bit of pride and passion wouldn't go a miss, moaning and bitching players is one of my pet hates, nothing encourages the opposition more than a load of girls complaining about everything, if they are giving it you give it them 10x harder, David Worrall for all his energy shouldn't be winning aerial battles with our keeper, what are Mills and Yates dealing with another high ball for the fourth? There wasnt a centrehalf in sight its criminal. Them two Wilsons moan like a pair of bitches and need there heads banging together at times, they do it because there is no leader at the back something we havent had since Lockwood/Elokobi were in the team.

More than once on here I've referred to the home win against Swindon last season as a brilliant performance and the type of full commitment from the players we should be expecting every week. I now find from the Chron that it was all down to the work of the Club's sports coaching graduate. However it does not appear to have produced the required result since that match.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/95390/hart-of-the-matter

More than once on here I've referred to the home win against Swindon last season as a brilliant performance and the type of full commitment from the players we should be expecting every week. I now find from the Chron that it was all down to the work of the Club's sports coaching graduate. However it does not appear to have produced the required result since that match.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/95390/hart-of-the-matter

Not an article for the anything-but-modern-methods thinkers!

Fully expecting cries of "why is he wasting time watching dvds when he should be in the dressing room putting rockets up their arses??"

Often we've started games badly and done much better in the 2nd half. Modern technology might be helping in this case! Just need to get better at pre match!