Deary me, the bloke has gone from playing on the Saturday to managing on the Monday - it would be more surprising if he did know it all at this stage.

I don't expect him to know it all and never said I did. What I do expect is a certain level of competency.

On Saturday we were dire, we out thought, out battled and out played by a team that had lost 8 straight league games.

If he is so far off being even remotely ready for management then clearly he shouldn't have been appointed.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't expect him to know it all and never said I did. What I do expect is a certain level of competency.

On Saturday we were dire, we out thought, out battled and out played by a team that had lost 8 straight league games.

If he is so far off being even remotely ready for management then clearly he shouldn't have been appointed.

Maybe he is perfectly "ready" for management but he just isn't very good at it?

We had won the previous 2, it is a work in progress

Saturday was always a hiding to nothing, win and it was well they've lost 8 on the trot we should be beating them, lose and well, we've seen the reaction since.

Saturday was always a hiding to nothing, win and it was well they've lost 8 on the trot we should be beating them, lose and well, we've seen the reaction since.

I agree it was a hiding to nothing given the circumstances leading up to the game, but my we were poor, could easily have been 0-2 or even 3 by half time.

Barnsley were supposed to be low on confidence and morale but anyone could have been forgiven for thinking that was us.

There is a fundamental mistake here? We are picking a specific point in time and believing that represented accurately the clubs and teams ability over a period. Is the reality not that we had a glorious Sept and Oct in 2014 and that it is those 2 months that are out of step. We rallied to finish 15th the season before, we did not win in August and the rochdale win was our first and only win in a November. We know the story following the Rochdale .... .to use a point in time 12 months ago as a benchmark for where the team should be seems to me misleading and in denial of the real state of the club

OK where do we go back to then !!!

We are serving up dog:censored: as entertainment value that we weren't doing 12 months ago .

Seems a reasonable starting point to me?

I agree it was a hiding to nothing given the circumstances leading up to the game, but my we were poor, could easily have been 0-2 or even 3 by half time.

Barnsley were supposed to be low on confidence and morale but anyone could have been forgiven for thinking that was us.

Who says they were low on confidence and morale? The manager certainly didn't seem to be.

A week ago we all wanted Rasulo to start, a month before that Winnie was going to save our season-and some on here claim that he doesnt know what he is doing!

I don't think any of us expected to see Rasulo up front with Poleon, behind a front 2 yes.

But winning is what the results at all costs merchants want isn't it?

I am not seeing that so much, it seems the manner of the defeats, being so poor formation wise, tactically and unmotivated, that most people are commenting on and seem disillusioned by.

I am not seeing that so much, it seems the manner of the defeats, being so poor formation wise, tactically and unmotivated, that most people are commenting on and seem disillusioned by.

At the risk of sounding like a club spokesperson, as a player would you be motivated playing for us at the moment?

Copping stick from all angles on social media, stadium less than half full every game, atmosphere flat as a pancake, every misplaced pass resulting in groans, being booed off at half time/full time.

No , just asking why we can't go back to playing how we did then .

The players we have are capable of it just appears the management isn't.

As has been pointed out to you, we have had two good months out of the last hundred or so. A blip of form against an otherwise poor record. Hankering after it is extemely silly and probably counter productive.