Courtney Meppen Walter

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like he has the talent but not the application.

Aside from it being a signing made because Barry wants to have a bit of fun at the fans expense, I'm concerned by it because we don't really have the environment at present where a rough diamond can flourish, so getting the most out of him doesn't seem likely.

The Evans saga had links to the PFA, I wonder whether this is similar? Without going full tinfoil hat it does look like the PFA and maybe the FA have big favours to call in down Sheepfoot lane.

I know for a fact that Gordon Taylor actively pursued us (and a couple of other clubs) over Ched Evans. Which is why on the Monday when Ched Evans was meant to sign (before many had caught wind of it happening) the club stalled when Gordon Taylor pulled out of being at the Press Conference due to his mothers death. By then, the media wheels were in motion which ultimately led to the signing not happening.

It does make me wonder if there is some sort of scheme, grant etc. from the PFA for clubs to take on players who are in need of rehabilitating (or have been already.)

Edited by boundaryblue80

I know for a fact that Gordon Taylor actively pursued us (and a couple of other clubs) over Ched Evans. Which is why on the Monday when Ched Evans was meant to sign (before many had caught wind of it happening) the club stalled when Gordon Taylor pulled out of being at the Press Conference due to his mothers death. By then, the media wheels were in motion which ultimately led to the signing not happening.

It does make me wonder if there is some sort of scheme, grant etc. from the PFA for clubs to take on players who are in need of rehabilitating (or have been already.)

Feeling nostalgic for the rollercoaster ups and downs of Ched Week.

Probably a good shout about a scheme though. Nothing less than you'd expect from one of them pesky interfering trade unions.

If I were Ched's representative, I'd be advising him to go all out to find another profession, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, family, group of friends, bird, and father and mother in law.

I'd back Courtney though, possibly while reminding him about the many zillions of ways you can :censored: up a second chance as compared with the mere dozens of ways you can :censored: up a first chance.

Feeling nostalgic for the rollercoaster ups and downs of Ched Week.

Probably a good shout about a scheme though. Nothing less than you'd expect from one of them pesky interfering trade unions.

If I were Ched's representative, I'd be advising him to go all out to find another profession, country, continent, hemisphere, planet, family, group of friends, bird, and father and mother in law.

I'd back Courtney though, possibly while reminding him about the many zillions of ways you can :censored: up a second chance as compared with the mere dozens of ways you can :censored: up a first chance.

.now ....what was it we were saying about the lottery that is juries :)

He's an arrogant :censored:. Never showed any remorse. :censored:!

I'm not going into meltdown, but he's a :censored:!

Still, how stupid is it to give a kid enough money to buy a Mercedes at 18? How stupid to allow kids to drive a Mercedes?

He's still a :censored:!!!!

I take it you are not in favor of signing him?

Our budget dictates with have to either

1 Take a gamble or

2 Take a player with baggage

Think this is the reality of our situation at present unfortunately.

Spot on. He's talented without a doubt but Curle's comments indicate his attitude wasn't right so he's a gamble. I think Dunn is a 'my way or the highway' kind of guy so who knows the penny might drop with him. Law of averages says we're due one to come off having taken punts on Kenny and Green,

Any publicity is good publicity. Right? Right?

Oldham court controversy again after giving convicted road killer Courtney Meppen-Walter a trial

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3372411/Oldham-court-controversy-giving-convicted-road-killer-Courtney-Meppen-Walter-trial.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Former Manchester City player, who killed a brother and sister in a horror smash, is now training with Oldham

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/former-manchester-city-player-who-10647513?

He's an arrogant :censored:. Never showed any remorse. :censored:!I'm not going into meltdown, but he's a :censored:!Still, how stupid is it to give a kid enough money to buy a Mercedes at 18? How stupid to allow kids to drive a Mercedes?He's still a :censored:!!!!

hasnt he done a video to be shown in schools, showing his remorse and warning kids

Any publicity is good publicity. Right? Right?

Oldham court controversy again after giving convicted road killer Courtney Meppen-Walter a trial

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3372411/Oldham-court-controversy-giving-convicted-road-killer-Courtney-Meppen-Walter-trial.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Former Manchester City player, who killed a brother and sister in a horror smash, is now training with Oldham

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/former-manchester-city-player-who-10647513?

Here we go again...

Will Owen et all never learn??? Forget rehabilitation and all that and he may well be a world beater but this sort of publicity is not what we need right now - it did enough damage in January and we weren't in the bottom 4 at that point

He's been at Carlisle, wouldn't they have taken the initial publicity.

The Evans debacle will magnify the media scrutiny for us.

A competent board obviously wouldn't get involved, but our board has shown they aren't competent on many occasions this year.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Well it's making the papers now so perhaps not - and to be fair it will probably follow him round the whole of his career - he will always be referred to as "former City star involved in horror death smash"

And the fact we signed Hughes and attempted to sign Evans allows the media to use us as a home for convicts - hence the tone of the article

Edited by JWhite101

And the fact we signed Hughes and attempted to sign Evans allows the media to use us as a home for convicts - hence the tone of the article

That'll be the right wing tory media then. Like anyone in their right minds gives a toss what they think.

Edited by Hank Kingsley