Courtney Meppen Walter

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Owen et all never learn??? Forget rehabilitation and all that and he may well be a world beater but this sort of publicity is not what we need right now - it did enough damage in January and we weren't in the bottom 4 at that point

It's a complete non-story. The :censored:e they post on those online 'news'papers. There'll be no petition, no tweets from politicians. It'll barely get noticed as people flick between a Kardashian story and the slimming SECRET London doctors WISH you won't find out about.

We must be :censored:ing desperate, is this lad really worth the hassle?

we are second bottom in the league, something needs to change.....

As it goes, how many would still be against bringing in Evans now?? I reckon a lot more would be in favour of signing him with our current debacle.

we are second bottom in the league, something needs to change.....

As it goes, how many would still be against bringing in Evans now?? I reckon a lot more would be in favour of signing him with our current debacle.

I'd rather chop off my own genitals - fuller has played more recently than Evans, scored at premier league level (which Evans never did) and been a complete waste of a wage - so I don't see someone who hasn't played in 3 years regardless of him being a scumbag as the answer to our problems

My Mrs is up in arms about this one. She is an Oldham fan and would find it difficult to see him play for us as she used to teach one of the kids in the car that CMW crashed into. The kid was in year 10 and was left an orphan plus he was injured that badly he never return to complete his GCSE's.

For me I understand that he was only a kid himself and he had done a dickheaded thing and has served his time and even played for a league club since. But the question I have to ask is why are we trying to sign HIM specifically? He has baggage, yes we all do, but after all the :censored: with Chedgate why are we once again taring ourselves with THAT brush again? Surely there are other similar players available? I mean, no one else is rushing to sign him up. Why does it have to be us?

Heard Corney say previously the virtues of giving someone a second chance, served their time etc. Just out of interest then, if he is consistent with his views, is anyone aware (no names obviously) of Latics intentionally employing an ex-con on the non-playing staff since Corney took over? I'd like to know if this rehabilitation policy applies to all, or specifically ex premier league players who can be be picked up for peanuts thus saving a fortune on fees and wages?

Don't make me dig out my list of League 2 players who would improve us, gets bigger by the month.

Same goes for managers, if this lad is a taste of things to come in this new era under Dunn and the sort of player he reckons will improve what we have we are even more :censored:ed than I thought.

Can we put together a team of players we've either signed or been linked with who have some level of criminal activity?

Obvious starters are Hughes with Evans upfront. Walter at the back. Mellis in midfield.

Allan Smart,Jose Baxter,Craig Davies,Bruce Grobbelaar,Billy Kenny.