Should Dunn be sacked immediately?

Should dunn be sacked immediately?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Should dunn be sacked immediately?

• Yes
    • No

This is near enough the same squad that everyone raved about last year. Now fair enough we were probably performing above our ability but those same players are far better than they showed today and definitely better than that Colchester team. I believe they are doing their job as instructed, which is part of the reason why we are doing so much worse this season than last - though the players may be limited, Johnson had them organised effectively and Dunn simply does not.

With the exception of the goalkeeper (Kean), full back, (Sadler). centre halves, (Lockwood Kusunga and Gerrard), midfielders (Daniel Johnson and Woodland) and a winger (Forte) that's pretty much spot on.

Edited by Hank Kingsley

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sacking Dunn won't solve the problem. And as we know from the last recruitment round, the number and quality of applicants who are able and willing to take our niche employment conditions is dwindling. I haven't seen us much this season. Three games is all. I saw enough from the players and the manager to think we can still stay up. But the manager needs all the players he's got now plus another couple (goalie!) to have a chance.

With the exception of the goalkeeper (Kean), full back, (Sadler). centre halves, (Lockwood Kusunga and Gerrard), midfielders (Daniel Johnson and Woodland) and a winger (Forte) that's pretty much spot on.

Excellent way to make something fit your opinion.

Take a look at the side that beat Scunthorpe away and then Swindon to take us fifth in February.

Wow. Kean signed at the end of January, Sadler in March, Lockwood played 11 games, Kusunga wasn't in the first choice eleven, Gerrard signed in March, Johnson played 6 times, Woodland signed in March. The only player you've actually mentioned who was integral to that team Forte - admittedly he's a huge loss given the goals he scored, but that doesn't justify the massive decline in performances all round. The fact is that Dunn has largely the same group of players and doesn't have a clue how to organise them.

Wow. Kean signed at the end of January, Sadler in March, Lockwood played 11 games, Kusunga wasn't in the first choice eleven, Gerrard signed in March, Johnson played 6 times, Woodland signed in March. The only player you've actually mentioned who was integral to that team Forte - admittedly he's a huge loss given the goals he scored, but that doesn't justify the massive decline in performances all round. The fact is that Dunn has largely the same group of players and doesn't have a clue how to organise them.

Your right it doesn't, nothing does but four managers in 12 months probably goes some way to explaining why. The fact is Dunn is saddled with a lot of players he doesn't rate, if they aren't putting it in, which they obviously aren't, he should be allowed the time to build his own team because judging his ability on the current side is totally unfair. The decline started under Johnson, your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Your right it doesn't, nothing does but four managers in 12 months probably goes some way to explaining why. The fact is Dunn is saddled with a lot of players he doesn't rate, if they aren't putting it in, which they obviously aren't, he should be allowed the time to build his own team because judging his ability on the current side is totally unfair. The decline started under Johnson, your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Johnson may have lost the dressing room.but he could still get a tune out of them, some cracking performances last season, we went on an unbeaten run of 13 games losing it at Bristol City where we played well, I had great days out at Swindon, Posh, Fleetwood, Dale, Donny, Colchester, Chesterfield, Scunthorpe even the defeats at Gillingham and Bristol were fair performances. This myth that this is a poor group of players needs putting to bed both Wilsons, Kelly, Mills, Jones, Philliskirk, Poleon, Dieng,Winchester all played regularly in that run of form, thats nine players who featured heavily under that run with Johnson so how you've all got on Dunns bandwagon proclaiming this bunch aren't good enough is frankly bollocks.

Johnson may have lost the dressing room.but he could still get a tune out of them, some cracking performances last season, we went on an unbeaten run of 13 games losing it at Bristol City where we played well, I had great days out at Swindon, Posh, Fleetwood, Dale, Donny, Colchester, Chesterfield, Scunthorpe even the defeats at Gillingham and Bristol were fair performances. This myth that this is a poor group of players needs putting to bed both Wilsons, Kelly, Mills, Jones, Philliskirk, Poleon, Dieng,Winchester all played regularly in that run of form, thats nine players who featured heavily under that run with Johnson so how you've all got on Dunns bandwagon proclaiming this bunch aren't good enough is frankly bollocks.

Have you looked at the League table recently?

Have you looked at the League table recently?

Did you look at it last season when Johnson managed us? Either these players are terrible and Johnson was a very good manager (which I don't buy considering his record at Barnsley), or they are an average group of players who Dunn is making worse.

I don't think anyone is claiming they don't have the ability to play well, they do. Or they did anyway. We had a great couple of months last season either benefitting from, or resulting in, Forte's best spell of his career.

But they soon showed a shockingly soft core. Collapsing in games against MK Dons and Yeovil, and just not looking like they were trying in others. They aren't capable of consistency.

Johnson came back in his first game against us and exposed us easily. The majority of the squad just don't have the mental capacity to compete consistently in the top half. I think ultimately Dunn will be proved right about this whether he stays or goes. Let's see how many of that list of yours win promotion out of this league with any team in the next 5 years.

I don't think anyone is claiming they don't have the ability to play well, they do. Or they did anyway. We had a great couple of months last season either benefitting from, or resulting in, Forte's best spell of his career.

But they soon showed a shockingly soft core. Collapsing in games against MK Dons and Yeovil, and just not looking like they were trying in others. They aren't capable of consistency.

Johnson came back in his first game against us and exposed us easily. The majority of the squad just don't have the mental capacity to compete consistently in the top half. I think ultimately Dunn will be proved right about this whether he stays or goes. Let's see how many of that list of yours win promotion out of this league with any team in the next 5 years.

Spot on.

Did you look at it last season when Johnson managed us? Either these players are terrible and Johnson was a very good manager (which I don't buy considering his record at Barnsley), or they are an average group of players who Dunn is making worse.

I saw where we were when he jumped ship. And do you remember Colchester at home last season immediately after the Swindon game? The performance was a million times worse than yesterday. Who made them worse in that match? It sure wasn't Dunn.

I saw where we were when he jumped ship. And do you remember Colchester at home last season immediately after the Swindon game? The performance was a million times worse than yesterday. Who made them worse in that match? It sure wasn't Dunn.

Do you remember Johnson's other games where we played some of the best football we've seen at BP in recent years? Have you seen anything whatsoever to suggest Dunn can get anything like that out of the same players? Because I certainly haven't.

Do people think if Dunn did turn it around (I.e kept is up) after January transfer changes that they would be happy to keep him for next season?

I get the sense the fans have never accepted him because of the way he snaked in obviously with a promise of replacing Kelly. I think fans would be more accepting/patient with his personality if it was their only grudge.

Do people think if Dunn did turn it around (I.e kept is up) after January transfer changes that they would be happy to keep him for next season?

Of course. Provided we'd seen the potential for something other than another relegation battle....

I get the sense the fans have never accepted him because of the way he snaked in obviously with a promise of replacing Kelly. I think fans would be more accepting/patient with his personality if it was their only grudge.

Most who feel like that would soon forget about it if we were winning & entertaining on a regular basis..

Bollocks. The biggest myth.

Under Johnson in 2015: 44% win percentage. Projected points: 66. Would've had us finish 7th.

Bollocks. The biggest myth.

Under Johnson in 2015: 44% win percentage. Projected points: 66. Would've had us finish 7th.

18 points from Johnson's last 16 league games. Hardly promotion form from a 1/3 of a season.

Yes, better than this season. No one is denying that though.

Edited by pukka

We had several bad spells under Johnson and he always got us going again.

He's already done similar at Barnsley.

So all the available evidence suggests its you that is kidding yourself to think otherwise.

We had several bad spells under Johnson and he always got us going again.

He's already done similar at Barnsley.

So all the available evidence suggests its you that is kidding yourself to think otherwise.

That was why I took to Johnson (before the Evans debacle) he could turn it round, and start the next game differently. Dunn does not seem capable, well for more than a half anyway.