do you back corney?

support for corney   

174 members have voted

1. 1. which best describes your level of support for corney

• fully support him. he saved the club and has the best interests of it at heart
    • he's made mistakes but he's one of us and I trust him to make the right choices to pull us out of this
    • no opinion
    • my support is wavering. his decisions this past year have been questionable at best
    • the guy can do one for me regardless of consequences. cock up after cock up and only in it for himself and brass bank
    • I don't rate him and want him gone but am willing to sit it out till we find a suitable backer

I've been saying for a couple of years now I'm not sure corney has our best interests at heart. However I have always been shouted down. I'm getting the feeling now though that more and more are turning against him.

I want him gone regardless of consequences now. We are on the same road that took tranmere and Stockport to where they are today, and we need to take a side road and quickly.

The risk is obviously that the side road we take leads off the edge of a cliff, but we already know the current Road is leading to oblivion, we need to at least give it a try

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap appointments.

Lookers stand.

Selling chaddy car park

Lee hughes.

Brassbank

Accepting :censored:e transfer offers for decent players.

Dave Penny.

New stand lies.

Ched.

Annual rant about fans in chron.

Failsworth

Annual rant about players in the chron.

Appointing Barry.

Shutting chaddy to home fans

Darren Kelly.

Filling the squad year after year with Loanees to minimise having to give contracts.

I don't get it. He's backed the managers relatively well enough for us to have a competitive squad once again.

Why doesn't he bite the bullet and appoint a manager that is capable?

I don't trust his off-the-pitch intentions either. There's something not quite right about the on-going situation off the pitch.

Edited by NewBlue

He's told us that the club will be self sufficient with help from the stand and it's facilities, if he sells them. I'll judge him on how he behaves when the stand is fully done / he leaves. Any player we have sold recently we've not replaced we've put that money into the stand, the stand Oldham Athletic do not own.

Give the club and the stadium away Simon and make your money from the houses. You've had a go, started well but in the end it's been average, all the best.

I want him gone but only when we have a suitable buyer which probably will never happen!! I think he bought Oldham with the other two to sell off all the land and make a profit after setting us up in a new stand!

It never happened, the other two disappeared and he has put too much into the club to just walk away! He doesn't have the club at heart, he just doesn't want it to go to the wall.

He doesn't want to :censored: us over and he's obviously got an affection for the club. First and foremost though, he's a businessman with an interest in making money.

This 'I'll only sell to the right person ' stance is bull:censored: though. If the deal was good for them, OAFC would be a secondary concern.

He entertained lengthy discussions with that Chester fella. If he'd really only sell to a reputable person, he'd not have spoken at all.

I cannot believe people make him out to be the antichrist.

If he was refusing to sell the club to a billionaire oil sheik then I would vote yes but we have no plan B regarding change in ownership.

He financially backs every manager who walks through the door, he manages to stretch the budget for players every season and we sign players that results in a majority of posters to cream their pants - Higdon, Wellens, Kelly etc.

Yes he's shown some naivety over the years and some decisions are questionable but I personally think most of those come from the fellow board members whilst Simon's abroad earning a crust.

He's signed managers that have failed to deliver - that's the issue. That said he doesn't have a crystal ball and even the most seasoned manager - Penney, Talbot, Moore - failed alongside the novices. Darren Kelly could have been a masterstroke but you have to recognise Corneys decisiveness to dump him quickly....I doubt though the same will apply with Dunn.

Some people think he's got a bottomless budget and at our level loans are the only option with limited gates. He's built that stand to generate further income - hopefully we see the fruits of this.

If he was refusing to sell the club to a billionaire oil sheik then I would vote yes but we have no plan B regarding change in ownership.

He financially backs every manager who walks through the door, he manages to stretch the budget for players every season and we sign players that results in a majority of posters to cream their pants - Higdon, Wellens, Kelly etc.

Yes he's shown some naivety over the years and some decisions are questionable but I personally think most of those come from the fellow board members whilst Simon's abroad earning a crust.

He's signed managers that have failed to deliver - that's the issue. That said he doesn't have a crystal ball and even the most seasoned manager - Penney, Talbot, Moore - failed alongside the novices. Darren Kelly could have been a masterstroke but you have to recognise Corneys decisiveness to dump him quickly....I doubt though the same will apply with Dunn.

Some people think he's got a bottomless budget and at our level loans are the only option with limited gates. He's built that stand to generate further income - hopefully we see the fruits of this.

The majority of income from this new stand (if it's ever finished) is going no where near Oldham Athletic

That is insane

Is it?

I'm beyond bored. I'm livid at this dick we have as a chairman who bleets the same old :censored:e about how privileged we are to still have a club.

I don't expect success. I don't even expect to be remotely good. All I want is 100% from all involved. If we can't even get that from the guy at the top we are :censored:ed.

I've been the most loyal of the die hards over the years. I've done seasons without missing a game and protested down at Oxford against Moore. I've stood on the steps of the town hall when the council rejected planning permission.

I will never walk away from the club like so many thousands have done but I sure feel like doing with what we as fans get back in return.

Mugs the lot of us to put up with this crap

It's probably his pension and kids inheritance so he is trying to protect it. I don't doubt he has tried to balance the ship and make it more stable over the years however I think He has thrown the towel in on footballing matters and just left it to his appointed board. For that reason I'm out on him.

I don't get it. He's backed the managers relatively well enough for us to have a competitive squad once again.

Why doesn't he bite the bullet and appoint a manager that is capable?

I don't trust his off-the-pitch intentions either. There's something not quite right about the on-going situation off the pitch.

Not too good on it either

Is it?

I'm beyond bored. I'm livid at this dick we have as a chairman who bleets the same old :censored:e about how privileged we are to still have a club.

I don't expect success. I don't even expect to be remotely good. All I want is 100% from all involved. If we can't even get that from the guy at the top we are :censored:ed.

I've been the most loyal of the die hards over the years. I've done seasons without missing a game and protested down at Oxford against Moore. I've stood on the steps of the town hall when the council rejected planning permission.

I will never walk away from the club like so many thousands have done but I sure feel like doing with what we as fans get back in return.

Yes, saying you want him out regardless of the consequences is insane

Is it?

Couldn't agree more. He's been taking the piss for a long time now. The car park, the new stand,the tie up with the Hungarian club a few seasons back, he's actually taking money out of the club. We're being conned.

Yes, saying you want him out regardless of the consequences is insane

OK

Let's all sit pretty, get relegated and watch us play in front of 500 fans at harrogate within 10 years then

Sure as hell know which way we are going if he stays in charge and no matter what it is I would rather have the alternative.

Who knows we might actually find someone better, but let's not take that risk eh

Edited by philliggi

OK

Let's all sit pretty, get relegated and watch us play in front of 500 fans at harrogate within 10 years then

Sure as hell know which way we are going if he stays in charge and no matter what it is I would rather have the alternative.

Who knows we might actually find someone better, but let's not take that risk eh

If we did a Stockport what crowds would we get? I still reckon 2-3000.

Could not agree more.

OK

I don't necessarily agree or disagree but I don't want anyone to go "regardless of the consequences"

OK

But don't you see, Corney out and no one to sell would make us far more likely to be playing front of Harrogate. Or begging the Council and ORLFC to play at Whitebank.