New manager being discussed?

Nail on the head palmer.

Yarddog you'll probably end up being right about Dunn taking us down, but you don't get a medal for thinking it before everyone else did. On the contrary, you dismissed him a long time before he even lost a match which is totally illogical.

And to say that people on this board love Dunn and are up his arse is ridiculous.

I dismissed him for the way he took another mans job, not my type of leader I'm afraid, if your comfortable with that or support him after that your on to a loser, but each to their own. Edited by yarddog73

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Dunn have the right to have a pop at anyone. He turned up at Latics as a player unfit and about 4 stone over weight. Couldn't get him self fit enough to start a game and played his part in some of the worst defeats we have had this season. Then he's made manager and starts calling out players without naming them on the individual mistakes being made costing us games, that's fair enough as some of the individual errors have been appauling. On the other hand how would Dunn feel if his boss started calling him out on his. Poor tactics week in week out, playing players out of position and asking them to play roles and formations they arn't used to playing in,dropping certain players as soon as they make a mistake but persisting with others that cost us goals every week,signing numerous players on loan that don't appear to be much if any better than the ones we are already paying and are employed us. Wasting budget on :censored:e like fuller and Eckersly,in fact he's made that many individual errors if I listed them all I'd still be typing at midnight. The point is you need to be pretty flawless in your own work if your going to take a pop at everyone else who makes a mistake and Dunn is miles away from that. I'd have absolutely no respect for someone like Dunn if he was my boss and would be actively looking for new employment. I certainly wouldn't be going into work and breaking my neck to make his job easier for him thats for sure.

Edited by oafc1000

Nail on the head palmer.

Yarddog you'll probably end up being right about Dunn taking us down, but you don't get a medal for thinking it before everyone else did. On the contrary, you dismissed him a long time before he even lost a match which is totally illogical.

And to say that people on this board love Dunn and are up his arse is ridiculous.

Spot on. One of yarddog's problems seems to be his inability to grasp that anyone with an opinion that differs to his has any validity.

That's only one of his problems mind.

How does Dunn have the right to have a pop at anyone. He turned up at Latics as a player unfit and about 4 stone over weight. Couldn't get him self fit enough to start a game and played his part in some of the worst defeats we have had this season. Then he's made manager and starts calling out players without naming them on the individual mistakes being made costing us games, that's fair enough as some of the individual errors have been appauling. On the other hand how would Dunn feel if his boss started calling him out on his. Poor tactics week in week out, playing players out of position and asking them to play roles and formations they arn't used to playing in,dropping certain players as soon as they make a mistake but persisting with others that cost us goals every week,signing numerous players on loan that don't appear to be much if any better than the ones we are already paying and are employed us. Wasting budget on :censored:e like fuller and Eckersly,in fact he's made that many individual errors if I listed them all I'd still be typing at midnight. The point is you need to be pretty flawless in your own work if your going to take a pop at everyone else who makes a mistake and Dunn is miles away from that. I'd have absolutely no respect for someone like Dunn if he was my boss and would be actively looking for new employment. I certainly wouldn't be going into work and breaking my neck to make his job easier for him thats for sure.

Yarddog told you to post that, didn't he?

Spot on. One of yarddog's problems seems to be his inability to grasp that anyone with an opinion that differs to his has any validity.

That's only one of his problems mind.

I appreciate we all have differing views, how anyone is cutting this clown any slack after 3 points in 27 at home is beyond me but like I say each to their own. Edited by yarddog73

I dismissed him for the way he took another mans job, not my type of leader I'm afraid, if your comfortable with that or support him after that your on to a loser, but each to their own.

Yea, it's not as if you've given him any personal abuse on here or such like is it?

I dismissed him for the way he took another mans job, not my type of leader I'm afraid, if your comfortable with that or support him after that your on to a loser, but each to their own.

Time will tell if that proves to be right, I think it's possible that Dunn might've weaselled his way into the hotseat but at present I still think it was the incompetence of a board that had no back up plan after Kelly and went for what was almost certainly the cheapest option (although it's turning out to be false economy of course).

I support Dunn for no other reason than mutual gain. If he succeeds the club succeeds. It certainly isn't because I think he's the right man for the job.

And I started supporting Latics in 94/95. If I had a problem with being onto a loser I would've stopped following Latics 20 years ago!

Would you feel the same if we had won a few more games?

#ithinkweknowtheanswer

#fickle

While you can bash those with an anti-Dunn agenda, let's not forget the meaningful perspective: 2 wins in 16; 5 points adrift of safety; 2 points from 7 home games.

Even Blackpool managed to win a few last season and they were an utter shambles in every facet, with a League 1 team playing in the Championship.

It was a massive mistake to give him the full-time gig in the first place.

Edited by NewBlue

While you can bash those with an anti-Dunn agenda, let's not forget the meaningful perspective: 2 wins in 16; 5 points adrift of safety; 2 points from 7 home games.

Even Blackpool managed to win a few last season and they were an utter shambles in every facet, with a League 1 team playing in the Championship.

Exactly, his record is abysmal. Added to that, he really does not come across well. You shouldn't have a dig at fans for being sarcastic. It's inviting a backlash of sarcasm. You need to be professional in all aspects of the game. He hasn't shown that. Telling somone that he'd only sign two of the current squad - really! That's either stupid or arrogant (or both). His persona is dull, and so is his football.

I also dislike the way he got the job, but for me this is a results-led business which demands a certain level of professionalism at all times. He has performed badly, so far.

Maybe - thing is he's actually got 'the gig' like it or not so the fans need to turn our attention to what happens on the pitch. I'm sure most supporters have the brains to realise the team needs backing cos if we turn on them as soon as we concede a goal or miss a sitter we're already doomed. Creating a negative atmosphere could be fatal to any chance of staying up. I have no problem with people thinking Dunn isn't the right man to be in charge, what's vital now is the players need to feel they have the support of the fans because it does affect performances. Apart from the few on here who probably can't wait for us to go down so they can gloat that they told us so, I would urge everyone who follows us whether they rate Dunn or hate him to get behind the team at games. It really could make the difference.

A bit of hindsight talking there, it wasn't much different from the previous three appointments.

Dunn needs to go. The best thing is that if Darren Kelly had us in this postion now everyone would want him out. David Dunn is taking us down he should go now.

Can someone tell me just 1 thing betrer under Dunn? Just one please.

Both teams we have beaten at the time was in freefall. Since then we have played 2 more in freefall and gained 1 point.

Saturday for me shown exactly why he should go. 1 up against a really poor team (I know we are too) but at 20 mims we started playing sideways backwards their goal was always going to come doing that. If we had gone in at HT 2 up we win the game.

Everything is :censored: at the moment beimg an Oldham fan. I used defend us now I just cba the club is getting what it deserves imo.

Maybe - thing is he's actually got 'the gig' like it or not so the fans need to turn our attention to what happens on the pitch. I'm sure most supporters have the brains to realise the team needs backing cos if we turn on them as soon as we concede a goal or miss a sitter we're already doomed. Creating a negative atmosphere could be fatal to any chance of staying up. I have no problem with people thinking Dunn isn't the right man to be in charge, what's vital now is the players need to feel they have the support of the fans because it does affect performances. Apart from the few on here who probably can't wait for us to go down so they can gloat that they told us so, I would urge everyone who follows us whether they rate Dunn or hate him to get behind the team at games. It really could make the difference.

I totally agree. The best and most fervent atmosphere last week was during that small segment of the game we actually had a bit of an onslaught against them.

It's very, very difficult to get behind a side when they're playing so feebly and negatively as we often do at home. I watched us in those last 20 minutes last week and thought 'this is pathetic'. If there was ever a team to take the game to it was Colchester, on the back of 9 defeats, so I don't have confidence we will against better sides.

A bit of hindsight talking there, it wasn't much different from the previous three appointments.

At the time I said we should make him reapply with other candidates if he wanted it. True, it felt like we had turned a corner slightly, but there were few tangible results to justify that opinion. We continued where we left off under Kelly, with 4 successive draws.

Could we have left it longer? Probably.

At the time I said we should make him reapply with other candidates if he wanted it. True, it felt like we had turned a corner slightly, but there were few tangible results to justify that opinion. We continued where we left off under Kelly, with 4 successive draws.

Could we have left it longer? Probably.

We actually looked a better side under Kelly until Cassidy got injured than we do under Dunn. Don't get me wrong Kelly has gone on to prove he hasn't got a clue either.