New manager being discussed?

The whispers within the club is that today was win or out for Dunn with Carsley coming in as replacement. That wasn't 100% from the board but is what the staff members have been informed is the likely outcome.

I think personally think the effort and attitude of the 2nd half will have bought him more time.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whispers within the club is that today was win or out for Dunn with Carsley coming in as replacement. That wasn't 100% from the board but is what the staff members have been informed is the likely outcome.

I think personally think the effort and attitude of the 2nd half will have bought him more time.

He won't sack Dunn until he has no other choice. At first it seemed too ambitious to go after a manager, but when you think about it Corney would relish avoiding a proper search process, given his stomach has gone.

Carsley doesn't want to manage, though, which could prove a significant stumbling block...

The uncertainty is the thing that pisses me off most, it's really tiresome.

I'm not even that fussed as to whether Dunn is in charge or not, I don't think it'll make a big difference to the outcome of our season any more. The board need to back Dunn or sack him, but at the moment the board doesn't seem to be doing either option and are caught in between.

The uncertainty is the thing that pisses me off most, it's really tiresome.

I'm not even that fussed as to whether Dunn is in charge or not, I don't think it'll make a big difference to the outcome of our season any more. The board need to back Dunn or sack him, but at the moment the board doesn't seem to be doing either option and are caught in between.

I just hope they're looking for a replacement, which would explain the silence. Dunn has shown nothing. Holden has been abysmal. We need a change. We pained for months over replacing Johnson. Look what happened. We didn't pain over replacing Kelly. Just as bad. We need decisive action. We don't need another Baz mini-me. He really needs to :censored: off. Amateur.

Whatever, as has been pointed out, we really need to remember, this is our club. We need to rally behind the team. Forget each result. Support is what we need.

I just hope they're looking for a replacement, which would explain the silence. Dunn has shown nothing. Holden has been abysmal. We need a change. We pained for months over replacing Johnson. Look what happened. We didn't pain over replacing Kelly. Just as bad. We need decisive action. We don't need another Baz mini-me. He really needs to :censored: off. Amateur.

Whatever, as has been pointed out, we really need to remember, this is our club. We need to rally behind the team. Forget each result. Support is what we need.

If they were getting a replacement, I reckon they would have done it by now. The longer it goes on, the harder it's going to be to find one.

It's also going to cost to get a decent manager and decent players to keep us up and this board won't pay for it.

We're knackered, basically.

Edited by JoeP

Carsley taking a youth coaching role with the FA according to today's Sun.

The guy on twitter who first said Carsley was a potential replacement indicated that was his other option.

​Can't blame him for taking that one instead really.

I'd have Shez back worse case scenario is he knows league 2 inside out and knows what it takes to get back up yes he took Chesterfield down but still won the jpt that year after winning league 2 the year before would anyone take two trophies and a relegation in two years? I know I would!!!

You also have to realise he had Davies and smalley taken away one sold and the other recalled then sold by us to Oxford that affected their season in 2011/12.

But yeah I'd have Shez back no danger. He'd build a team around Winchester imo...and he has a knack of finding goal scorers

I'd have Shez back worse case scenario is he knows league 2 inside out and knows what it takes to get back up yes he took Chesterfield down but still won the jpt that year after winning league 2 the year before would anyone take two trophies and a relegation in two years? I know I would!!!

You also have to realise he had Davies and smalley taken away one sold and the other recalled then sold by us to Oxford that affected their season in 2011/12.

But yeah I'd have Shez back no danger. He'd build a team around Winchester imo...and he has a knack of finding goal scorers

We're not in league 2 so why prepare for it? Let's fight to stay in league 1 first!

I'd always have Shez back regardless, although that's due to him being my Latics' hero growing up!

If he was a different person with the same managerial record then he probably wouldn't be my first choice, but he's an infinitely better choice than any of the managers we've had since Johnson.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

By having all his backroom team binned off from under him, presumably in an attempt to make him walk. Then being told immediately after the Liverpool win that he was going to be sacked anyway. Then being kept around for a few weeks to save face, then being sacked before the Everton game.

Get ride of Shez and Dickov are probably the two dumbest moves Corney ever made IMO...

I know Dickov resigned but it sure felt like the club wanted rid at the time...

EDITED to correct mistake

Edited by oafc0000

Steady on. Dickov?!!

I can think of a lot more mistakes he's made in 2015 alone.

He was a new young manager... So what if he made some mistakes ?

We cant keep appointing managers with little or no experience and not giving them time. How long did it take Joe to get it right ?

I have to be fair and say Dickov officially "resigned"... but it sure felt like he was pushed...

Edited by oafc0000

Sacking Dickov was one of the few understandable decisions he's made. 2.5 seasons and we were going backwards (and down). It brought us Johnson, who is a better manager than Dickov.

2015 has had innumerable errors, perhaps the most unforgivable was allowing the season to peter out without appointing a new manager. Others would argue hiring Kelly was more objectively worse. There are so many you could debate it for hours.