New manager being discussed?

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really understand all the negativity surrounding Dunn. Let's be honest Latics have dallied with relegation in recent seasons under both Johnson and Dickov so although it would be hugely disappointing to go down none of us should be massively surprised. Dunn is a rookie manager so yes there is an argument that an experienced manager would have been a better option once Kelly had gone. Phil Brown would have been my choice, but I think we should stick with Dunn even if we go down. He's having to work with previous managers players, loanees who have no affinity with the club and also seeing his potentially better players sold for very little (ie Philliskirk). There's no doubt that some players are letting him down and some are just not good enough. Give him the opportunity to build his own team before you hang him out to dry. If we go down we go down, but even an experienced manager may not be able to save us. Give him a chance!!

Yes I was the one who told everyone Dunn would take us down months ago and he's proved me wrong hasn't he.

You told us that the way Dunn had treated Mills proved that you had been right about your initial story about Mills and how Dunn had it in for him. I'm not saying by any means that Dunn is right, but you said that after Dunn started Mills in the game before, and he started him the game after. You could make your point but still make sense if you shut the :censored: up once in a while

I posted a few days ago that Dunn was very confident of keeping the job until end of season (on the basis we are skint and he's currently working unpaid), but maybe he's not out of the woods yet. He's brought 2 in on loan for 25 days but can't bring anyone else in until next week. May be Saturday is make or break for him?

yarddog73, on 07 Jan 2016 - 1:04 PM, said:snapback.png

Yes I was the one who told everyone Dunn would take us down months ago and he's proved me wrong hasn't he.

You told us that the way Dunn had treated Mills proved that you had been right about your initial story about Mills and how Dunn had it in for him. I'm not saying by any means that Dunn is right, but you said that after Dunn started Mills in the game before, and he started him the game after. You could make your point but still make sense if you shut the :censored: up once in a while

Like that will ever happen! :D

He's happy with the performances! If so then the fans aren't, and will show it by refusing to go to BP to be bored to death, like me.

He's not said what you're implying. In fact in the linked article you've quoted he said this: "It’s no wonder why fans come on a Saturday and look miserable as I’d be miserable too."

There's enough factual stuff to be critical of - team selections, tactics etc. But this constant misrepresenting of what he says is getting tedious. Even the MEN are doing it with their "Dunn reckons even Mourinho and Ferguson couldn't sort Latics out" misleading bull:censored:.

He's not said what you're implying. In fact in the linked article you've quoted he said this: "Its no wonder why fans come on a Saturday and look miserable as Id be miserable too."

There's enough factual stuff to be critical of - team selections, tactics etc. But this constant misrepresenting of what he says is getting tedious. Even the MEN are doing it with their "Dunn reckons even Mourinho and Ferguson couldn't sort Latics out" misleading bull:censored:.

In his latics player interview he says he's been happy with performances

In his latics player interview he says he's been happy with performances

No he doesn't.

"I'm certainly not displeased with the performances. I'm not massively displeased with that at all. Do I think we could have put our foot on the gas a bit more against Colchester? I think we probably could have and gone for it a little bit more. But I think that's what happens when players are a little bit low on confidence."
Very different to what's implied by saying "he's been happy with performances".
Other things he says:
"We need to turn these decent performances, at times, in to wins. That's the be all and end all, I need to win football matches."
Note the "at times".
Also alludes to the fact that if he doesn't start winning then he's out.
Besides, apparently he's :censored:e because he says we make too many individual erros and that some players aren't putting as much effort in as the rest. That is killing everyone's confidence apparently. Now we expect him to say all performances have been :censored:e too?
Dunn is honest in interviews. Some times that's backfired with comments about the fans etc. But I'd rather honesty any day over meaningless media platitudes.

No he doesn't.

"I'm certainly not displeased with the performances. I'm not massively displeased with that at all. Do I think we could have put our foot on the gas a bit more against Colchester? I think we probably could have and gone for it a little bit more. But I think that's what happens when players are a little bit low on confidence."
Very different to what's implied by saying "he's been happy with performances".
Other things he says:
"We need to turn these decent performances, at times, in to wins. That's the be all and end all, I need to win football matches."
Note the "at times".
Also alludes to the fact that if he doesn't start winning then he's out.
Besides, apparently he's :censored:e because he says we make too many individual erros and that some players aren't putting as much effort in as the rest. That is killing everyone's confidence apparently. Now we expect him to say all performances have been :censored:e too?
Dunn is honest in interviews. Some times that's backfired with comments about the fans etc. But I'd rather honesty any day over meaningless media platitudes.

He may be speaking honestly but it doesn't mean he is right...which is the worry...

When he says "We need to turn these decent performances, at times, in to wins" then he is wrong. What decent performances? Only time in the last couple of months I've walked out of the ground genuinely thinking we haven't got what we deserved was Doncaster. That was a decent performance...the rest have been :censored:. That is mostly why he is being criticised over his comments. That plus blowing smoke up the oppositions arse every interview. Which I see he has done again with Millwall.

Edited by boundaryblue80