Shrewsbury 0-1 Latics

According to Gordon on LP big name coming in but can't say who it is. Not sure if he means someone who could be a crowd puller or if it's someone with a double-barrelled surname. Interesting.

Double quote. Sodding phone.

Grant Holt? he's back at Wigan.

Edited by BP1960

According to Gordon on LP big name coming in but can't say who it is. Not sure if he means someone who could be a crowd puller or if it's someone with a double-barrelled surname. Interesting.

Double quote. Sodding phone.

I thought Gordon said there were new signings expected soon, and 2 of them were big names.

Thought we were much more solid tonight. They had plenty of possession but I can only remember them creating one clear cut chance.

We sat back a bit too much in the last half hour but created a few good chances. Palmer should have scored early on and Rhys Murphy fluffed a great chance with a heavy first touch.

Guest nonaenever

Just back from the game - thoughts :-

1) Glad we caught Shrewsbury on an "off" night (them having beaten Burton at weekend)

2) Probably overall a 25% improvement "all round" after the Bury game

3) Defence looked much more assured with Gerrard there - however, they didn't have any particularly big forwards to test us.

4) First half was a terrific showing by our midfield with Palmer, Jones and Winchester very bright.

5) Forwards still struggling. Forte was poor and Poleon's lack of control let him down several times when in good positions. When Murphy came on his first touch of the ball led him on a very clever run with some lovely close control - beating 2 men in the box and deserved a goal. Cassidy ineffective when he came on. We desperately have to learn to hold the ball 'up front' for a while - because we don't, it comes straight back at us and that's where the only pressure from Shrewsbury came from in second half (a better team would have punished us)

6) I have no fingernails left!

7) Encouraging though - you can start to see Shez's influence already on the team - keep

​8) One last thing - their pitch was immaculate - get ours sorted!

Guest Stanley30

​8) One last thing - their pitch was immaculate - get ours sorted!

Thats because they don't have the fooking Rugby play on it!!!

Wait, hang on!

Listened to the match last night. Great win - not easy listening though and how many more will I have to sit through? Not sure I'll make it!

The faster Gordon speaks when the opposition are attacking the more the nerves are frayed.

Edited by BP1960