Update From Trust Fans' Representative

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I draw a comparison with Aston Villa albeit they are significantly bigger club than us, they have flirted with relegation for a number of years similar to us, whilst making significant cost cutting on the playing front, the new chairman insulting the supporters by saying things have improved with of field activities, the Villa supporters are demanding answers as to where the direction of the club is going?

Their owner has also openly made it known the club is for sale also similar to our owner.

We have made cuts to finance a new stand which looks likely to see us relegated, will the income 365 days a year be reinvested back into the team?

In this predicament it is understandable we are asking questions as it looks like the inevitable will happen and we get relegated after flirting with relegation for a number of years.

It doesn't mention the gym once it doesn't mention Brassbank or OEC it doesn't mention the sports direct store either. So I'm not sure why you have come to that conclusion.

Quite frankly a lot of the posts that have been made on here have been made on assumption the fact of the matter is none of us know anything. I think we need to accept this.

Do you think the gym is club related? Its a private company renting the space. Nothing to do with the club. Read the statement, club will make money from non match day club related things, an example being the awards night.

This 365 funding line spun has been bollocks.

Do you think the gym is club related? Its a private company renting the space. Nothing to do with the club. Read the statement, club will make money from non match day club related things, an example being the awards night.

This 365 funding line spun has been bollocks.

Paying rent to the football club!

Paying rent to the football club!

No, to the company that owns the stand. If you think that means they give it to OAFC can you let me know when the club got the money from the land sales. Simon B has clearly said the club makes money from club related things, non club money is non club money. Blitz ain't interested in the football.

I would hazard a guess that the Fans Rep, Simon B, didnt know about the loan from Necarcu until it had been raised on OWTB and then has since asked the question and received a reply which is to me a fob off. There is nothing to stop him going back and asking further questions on this matter.

I am not making excuses for Simon B but think that he has to be a little diplomatic on the surface whilst finding out a bit more about what appears to me and perhaps many others to be an emergency loan which we, at the moment, assume was to solve a cash flow crisis.

If the club do not provide further information or preferably discharge it then I will carry on believing my assumption is correct.

This.

The response to question 4. Where do the revenues from the North Stand go?

"All matchday ticketing revenue as well as revenue from the boxes goes to the football club as does all the profit from matchday commercial/hospitality/concession stands including the fan bar when it opens, and other club related non-matchday activity such as meetings, events and dinners. The more successful the stand is in all aspects, the more positive the impact will be on the club finances."

Slightly ambiguous using the term 'club related' - so as Chaddy Smoker says, let's ask for further clarification from the Trust.

Echoing what others have said, and building on it. If statements were joint statements with the Trust, it would improve the content, but also the perception that we have a voice. Obviously not every statement is appropriate for Trust comment, UK I'd wager most are.

No, to the company that owns the stand. If you think that means they give it to OAFC can you let me know when the club got the money from the land sales. Simon B has clearly said the club makes money from club related things, non club money is non club money. Blitz ain't interested in the football.

OAFC own the stand. It's built on land OAFC lease from Brass Bank.

Like I lease the land my home is built on. Albeit for the next 950 years in my case.

The car park is match related as the sole purpose on match days is to watch a game. Shouldn't all that revenue go back to OAFC?

If Brassbank own the car park then as a goodwil gesture they could rent it to OAFC for a nominal fee.

Most would be happy with that I should think.

Edited by BP1960

What we know:-

There's a new stand and it cost £6m.

What we don't know:-

Who owns it and who pays rent to who.

If the club own it, the club presumably now has a significant debt (the club didn't have £6m to fund a stand) and if the club doesn't get sufficient revenue from the stand it will not be able to pay down the debt.

If the club doesn't own it, what does the club pay to the owners? Which revenues related to the stand does the club get ; which don't the club get? Would the owners sell it with the club? How does that affect saleability of the club if the stand is not profitable?

Something else we know:- OEC is not owned by the club and is owned separately. But does OEC pay rent to the club or some other owners?

Just remember this:-

No-one at the club, trust or anywhere else told people that match day car park receipts were not going to the club. If you don't ask questions, you will never be voluntarily informed of anything.

Even today's trust statement had to be prompted.

The statement says communication between club and trust has improved.

Communication between trust and supporters hasn't.

The new stand may have cost more than £6.5m, as the estimate was £6.5m in 2014.

Which is interesting becasue the original £6m in 2004, was mainly for all the land.

Not sure if some are thick or deluded. You don't have to read between the lines, just read the lines.

OAFC makes money from club related things within the stand. Full stop. Who defines what club related is I don't know but a wedding or the gym won't be.

OAFC is Blitz, Corney and Gazal.

Not sure if some are thick or deluded. You don't have to read between the lines, just read the lines.

OAFC makes money from club related things within the stand. Full stop. Who defines what club related is I don't know but a wedding or the gym won't be.

How can I put it politely?

:censored: right off.

I would hazard a guess that the Fans Rep, Simon B, didnt know about the loan from Necarcu until it had been raised on OWTB and then has since asked the question and received a reply which is to me a fob off. There is nothing to stop him going back and asking further questions on this matter.

It a :censored:ing loan.

It will need to be paid back at some point.

That's it .

Stop being mental.

I'm sure everyone understands that a £6 million stand needs paying for the problem I have with it is that the football team has been run on an absolute shoestring as a result of this and Corney's gamble of putting all available monies to get the project completed is about to backfire spectacularly, scrimping and scraping on managerial appointments and playing budgets may have been a necessity to get the stand half finished but at what cost?

3 points on Saturday and the thread will drop off the board. We will all be optimistic again.

No game for over a week and the message board starts to turn into a conspiracy convention.

Bring back discussions on formations, first choice midfielders and bad referee decisions.

I'm sure everyone understands that a £6 million stand needs paying for the problem I have with it is that the football team has been run on an absolute shoestring as a result of this and Corney's gamble of putting all available monies to get the project completed is about to backfire spectacularly, scrimping and scraping on managerial appointments and playing budgets may have been a necessity to get the stand half finished but at what cost?

The aim is to make the club a more attractive purchase for some other mug, other than moving stadium this was the only choice they had.

It a :censored:ing loan.

It will need to be paid back at some point.

That's it .

Stop being mental.

It could be on very good terms, or it could be on very onerous terms. It affects the club.

Fans have the right to look up publicly available information, and a right to be concerned if they wish.

They also are prefectly entitled to try and seek answers, naturally though, they are not entitled to demand or be given answers.

It does not follow they are trying to undermine the club.

Can't see what your problem is, to be honest.

You should not use terms like thick in reply to people, everyone is genuinly concerned about how the club is run, it's an awful thing to say and I hope you apologise.

It might be a case of "club related activities" funds the club, other activities pay off the cost of building the stand.

If not where do people think the money for the construction of the stand has come from? A large "gift" from SC?

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/86412/new-stand-2m-over-budget

Read the lines. The sale of players has gone into that stand, that the club doesn't own. Please don't think Blitz has paid for the stand fully. Remember the council have put in as well. Every bit of extra TV money, transfers etc will have gone into that stand.