Update From Trust Fans' Representative

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pen a letter to Corney and ask him Linda love. It'd not be an outrageous suggestion to think the owners have contributed something to it.

We are getting somewhere now.

They built it to make some more money back from their investment and make the club more attractive for to someone to buy, when that time comes their involvement will end.

We are getting somewhere now.

They built it to make some more money back from their investment and make the club more attractive for to someone to buy, when that time comes their involvement will end.

Did they not flog the land to make money back? The club has funded most of the build, I don't think anyone thinks different yet the club doesn't own it. Open your eyes before it's too late Linda.

Mr Corney told the fans it'd make the club money 365. This doesn't seem to be the truth. The club is going to be relegated to league 2 and won't own a single assest bar player contracts. Very attractive.

Did they not flog the land to make money back? The club has funded most of the build, I don't think anyone thinks different yet the club doesn't own it. Open your eyes before it's too late Linda.

Mr Corney told the fans it'd make the club money 365. This doesn't seem to be the truth. The club is going to be relegated to league 2 and won't own a single assest bar player contracts. Very attractive.

Who's the club?

Who's the club?

If it was all one pot Oldham Athletic would not be renting the ground back from Brassbank Linda. The money made from say the gym cannot go into OAFCs budget under fair play rules as its not club income. If that's your thinking when is the club going to see the money from all the land sales? 2 very separate companies Linda.

I'm not sure the slight increase in income (will that be more than the rent OAFC are charged?) from the stand is worth the relegation that is coming myself.

If it was all one pot Oldham Athletic would not be renting the ground back from Brassbank Linda. The money made from say the gym cannot go into OAFCs budget under fair play rules as its not club income. If that's your thinking when is the club going to see the money from all the land sales? 2 very separate companies Linda.

I'm not sure the slight increase in income (will that be more than the rent OAFC are charged?) from the stand is worth the relegation that is coming myself.

Can you prove that the money from non match day revenue goes to Brassbank?

Non club related non match day revenue eg the gym? Its clear in the below they are not going to OAFC. OEC or Brassbank, doesn't really matter, neither are OAFC.

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/board-representative-update-feb/

It doesn't mention the gym once it doesn't mention Brassbank or OEC it doesn't mention the sports direct store either. So I'm not sure why you have come to that conclusion.

Quite frankly a lot of the posts that have been made on here have been made on assumption the fact of the matter is none of us know anything. I think we need to accept this.

Edited by GlossopLatic

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/board-representative-update-feb/

Sorry to steal Underdog's thunder, I thought this was worth a new thread lest it be lost among everything else

Excellently put, answered all of the questions as well as he possibly can, and from what I see Simon Brooke's done a brilliant job. Let's all be as positive as we can eh? Like he says, 19 games, 8 wins! COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

This statement by Simon though well intentioned illustrates some of the problems we supporters face. Some of us aren't sure if all income goes to OAFC or if some goes to Brassbank. Clear, concise communication from the club is essential, such as why Brassbank hold onto the ownership of Boundary Park and surrounding land would help.

What we know:-

There's a new stand and it cost £6m.

What we don't know:-

Who owns it and who pays rent to who.

If the club own it, the club presumably now has a significant debt (the club didn't have £6m to fund a stand) and if the club doesn't get sufficient revenue from the stand it will not be able to pay down the debt.

If the club doesn't own it, what does the club pay to the owners? Which revenues related to the stand does the club get ; which don't the club get? Would the owners sell it with the club? How does that affect saleability of the club if the stand is not profitable?

Something else we know:- OEC is not owned by the club and is owned separately. But does OEC pay rent to the club or some other owners?

Just remember this:-

No-one at the club, trust or anywhere else told people that match day car park receipts were not going to the club. If you don't ask questions, you will never be voluntarily informed of anything.

Even today's trust statement had to be prompted.

The statement says communication between club and trust has improved.

Communication between trust and supporters hasn't.

This statement by Simon though well intentioned illustrates some of the problems we supporters face. Some of us aren't sure if all income goes to OAFC or if some goes to Brassbank. Clear, concise communication from the club is essential, such as why Brassbank hold onto the ownership of Boundary Park and surrounding land would help.

Brassbank own BP because the council sold it to TTA when they took over us as a separate deal, with the agreement that football would definitely be played at BP for a minimum amount of time (IIRC it was 10 years?). I'm presuming the club and stadium + land was separate by TTA as a safeguard incase the club did end up folding and meant they could get their money back as it would not be seized to pay creditors if under a separate company name.

Just remember this:-

No-one at the club, trust or anywhere else told people that match day car park receipts were not going to the club. If you don't ask questions, you will never be voluntarily informed of anything.

Even today's trust statement had to be prompted.

The statement says communication between club and trust has improved.

Communication between trust and supporters hasn't.

To be fair to the Trust, wasn't this before the new Trust chairman etc..?

Whilst the update today has been prompted, it's more than what fans were told previously. Communication is improving, perhaps slower than wanted to but it slowly is.

Then again, some fans want immediate answers to anything and everything to do with the club.

An excellent statement but it didn't quell worries, fears or concerns too much. I don't get the impression the club and its long-term future is in a strong position, which is what the new stand is supposed to place us in. I thought the ambiguity of this part of the statement the most worrying though.

3. Do we owe money to another company/what is that charge about?

From the information we have, that charge could disappear at some point over the coming months. Again, we remain vigilant, but we are assured this is well planned and therefore not overly concerning in the bigger picture

Assured in what way? It 'could' go away? Why are we borrowing of what appears to the lazy onlooker some Liverpudlian loan sharks? What was it even for precisely?

I just felt it was a flippant "Don't ask questions, move on" type of response to a glaringly obvious financial anomaly.

To be fair though, I can't see us being an attractive proposition to buyers with a sizable debt round our necks and no assets. Relegation this season is all but certain after several years of delaying the inevitable. What really is our future?

its a well written update, so I guess it's bad news regarding the non matchday revenue and Tarky sell on clause, as it skirts around giving a direct answer to these questions.

I'm interested in how much it would cost a would be investor to buy back the clubs assets. Have any figures been touted for this?

An excellent statement but it didn't quell worries, fears or concerns too much. I don't get the impression the club and its long-term future is in a strong position, which is what the new stand is supposed to place us in. I thought the ambiguity of this part of the statement the most worrying though.

Assured in what way? It 'could' go away? Why are we borrowing of what appears to the lazy onlooker some Liverpudlian loan sharks? What was it even for precisely?

I just felt it was a flippant "Don't ask questions, move on" type of response to a glaringly obvious financial anomaly.

To be fair though, I can't see us being an attractive proposition to buyers with a sizable debt round our necks and no assets. Relegation this season is all but certain after several years of delaying the inevitable. What really is our future?

Is FC Athletic of Oldham the future?

I would hazard a guess that the Fans Rep, Simon B, didnt know about the loan from Necarcu until it had been raised on OWTB and then has since asked the question and received a reply which is to me a fob off. There is nothing to stop him going back and asking further questions on this matter.

I am not making excuses for Simon B but think that he has to be a little diplomatic on the surface whilst finding out a bit more about what appears to me and perhaps many others to be an emergency loan which we, at the moment, assume was to solve a cash flow crisis.

If the club do not provide further information or preferably discharge it then I will carry on believing my assumption is correct.