Update From Trust Fans' Representative

Really appreciated what you are doing,but soon as you are appointed, you gravitate to the

club Director role in the posh seats. Why not reject all that on a Saturday afternoon and sit with your mates.

Why not demonstrate to the outside world that we are the true supporters and reject the suits and the world that Barry has reinventied as supporter's involvement.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really appreciated what you are doing,but soon as you are appointed, you gravitate to the

club Director role in the posh seats. Why not reject all that on a Saturday afternoon and sit with your mates.

Why not demonstrate to the outside world that we are the true supporters and reject the suits and the world that Barry has reinventied as supporter's involvement.

If I was the fan on the board, I'd milk it for all it was worth.

I certainly wouldn't be rubbing shoulders with my mates.

If I was the fan on the board, I'd milk it for all it was worth.

I certainly wouldn't be rubbing shoulders with my mates.

More to the point it's important that he doesn't get to close to the fans he's wisely stopped posting on here. It's a tough juggling act on one hand he can't get to close to the club like his predecessor as the fans won't trust him but he can't be too close to the fans or the board will also distrust him.

I think we have to appreciate he has a tough job in this respect he won't keep everyone happy but I think it's better than nothing.

Edited by GlossopLatic

More to the point it's important that he doesn't get to close to the fans he's wisely stopped posting on here. It's a tough juggling act on one hand he can't get to close to the club like his predecessor as the fans won't trust him but he can't be too close to the fans or the board will also distrust him.

I think we have to appreciate he has a tough job in this respect he won't keep everyone happy but I think it's better than nothing.

If the club didn't trust him because he got too close to the fans then alarm bells would definitely be ringing. The fans are the club.

It's not a case of milking it OR sacking it off and sitting with the fans. He's now a director of the club - that has matchday responsibilities and is a massive part of what the Trust do to help out the club but also keep an eye on things for the fans. It's not the free ride that people presume it is.

If the club didn't trust him because he got too close to the fans then alarm bells would definitely be ringing. The fans are the club.

Exactly.

If a situation ever occurs where the board make a decision that is blatantly against the interests of the club what would happen? Would the trust guy inform the fans and resign from the board? Genuine question.

Exactly.

If a situation ever occurs where the board make a decision that is blatantly against the interests of the club what would happen? Would the trust guy inform the fans and resign from the board? Genuine question.

I would have thought the fans would be informed via the trust meetings, but why would he resign? Someone has to be the fan on the board, it would be like a game of musical chairs.