Update From Trust Fans' Representative

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/86412/new-stand-2m-over-budget

Read the lines. The sale of players has gone into that stand, that the club doesn't own. Please don't think Blitz has paid for the stand fully. Remember the council have put in as well. Every bit of extra TV money, transfers etc will have gone into that stand.

A percentage of it was funded by them. They are getting a percentage of the revenue. Struggling to see the issue with that.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A percentage of it was funded by them. They are getting a percentage of the revenue. Struggling to see the issue with that.

Are all the others who put a percentage in getting a percentage back as well?

Edited by BP1960

Not sure if some are thick or deluded. You don't have to read between the lines, just read the lines.

OAFC makes money from club related things within the stand. Full stop. Who defines what club related is I don't know but a wedding or the gym won't be.

Your don't understand what a lease is you shouldnt be calling those that do thick.

It's really not uncommon for someone to have a lease on a building where they pay rent on the land and claim rent from separate tenants who use the building.

Your don't understand what a lease is you shouldnt be calling those that do thick.

It's really not uncommon for someone to have a lease on a building where they pay rent on the land and claim rent from separate tenants who use the building.

Christ, Simon Brooke is clear. OAFC will be making money on club related things. If you think Latics will be getting the money from the gym you are incorrect.

We were told the gym etc on this stand would make money for oafc 365. It won't.

Christ, Simon Brooke is clear. OAFC will be making money on club related things. If you think Latics will be getting the money from the gym you are incorrect.

We were told the gym etc on this stand would make money for oafc 365. It won't.

Not quite true, the rent they pay will help make OAFC money 365. Supposedly.

Not quite true, the rent they pay will help make OAFC money 365. Supposedly.

Except as it's non club related it seems the rent won't be paid to OAFC. Simon Bs words are clear and very well chosen words.

The gyms coming soon, he makes no mention of that increasing funding into the club.

Was that profit from transfers and cup runs?

I believe so. That money was not spent on the playing staff. It was put into the stand, we don't own.

OAFC pay the wages (maybe even playershare), develop the player, sell the player, the money goes into the stand, which we don't own.

Paying rent to the football club!

OAFC own the stand. It's built on land OAFC lease from Brass Bank.

Like I lease the land my home is built on. Albeit for the next 950 years in my case.

I'm not so sure about that o4u. Surely, if the club was receiving rent it would have been mentioned in the Trust statement, instead of ticket sales, pies & pints. Also, it seems pretty clear that the club gets nothing from non-club events but surely the club would have wanted to talk up the benefit to the club and would have mentioned any rent/licence fees coming from the retail units or OEC.

As I see it, OAFC does not 'own' the stand.

Could it be the club's lease is non-exclusive or specifically excludes the retail units? I don't see why Bra$$bank would need to include those, nor why it would do so given that the people behind it haven't shown the greatest inclination to channel money into the club if they don't have to.

I'm not so sure about that o4u. Surely, if the club was receiving rent it would have been mentioned in the Trust statement, instead of ticket sales, pies & pints. Also, it seems pretty clear that the club gets nothing from non-club events but surely the club would have wanted to talk up the benefit to the club and would have mentioned any rent/licence fees coming from the retail units or OEC.

As I see it, OAFC does not 'own' the stand.

Could it be the club's lease is non-exclusive or specifically excludes the retail units? I don't see why Bra$$bank would need to include those, nor why it would do so given that the people behind it haven't shown the greatest inclination to channel money into the club if they don't have to.

?

3 points on Saturday and the thread will drop off the board. We will all be optimistic again.

It shouldn't drop off the board though. It's taken this current :censored:storm for serious questions to be asked...they should have been being asked in the past. Those who did question the goings on have often been ridiculed by the majority...that is changing to a minority now. Staying up, if we manage to, does not change the hamstrung regime we reside under.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Do we make enough money over the course of a season to cover all our bills?

I don't believe we do without factoring in transfers and cup runs. May be wrong. Sure that's way it is though

Chaddy Smoker has done the end of year figs for the past 10 years (am trying to find it)

Off the top of my head

Basically last year was £450k profit. Obviosuly that has been swallowed up in the new stand. It maybe to 2014 though.

THe previous two yers were a £50k and £25k ish.

Every other year prior was a loss, including £1.5m one year.

Net loss over their tenure has been very high.

I believe so. That money was not spent on the playing staff. It was put into the stand, we don't own.

OAFC pay the wages (maybe even playershare), develop the player, sell the player, the money goes into the stand, which we don't own.

You still haven't explained why you think that is such a terrible thing, given that the lads who own Brassbank also own OAFC, albeit two of them don't appear to be actively involved.

It could be on very good terms, or it could be on very onerous terms. It affects the club.

Fans have the right to look up publicly available information, and a right to be concerned if they wish.

They also are prefectly entitled to try and seek answers, naturally though, they are not entitled to demand or be given answers.

It does not follow they are trying to undermine the club.

Can't see what your problem is, to be honest.

Wasn't there an interest rate on the documentation someone found?

Should we be asking what the interest rates & charges are for the clubs banking too?

What tariff are they on for gas & electricity?

How much are we paying for pens? Bogroll?

Edited by HarryBosch

Chaddy Smoker has done the end of year figs for the past 10 years (am trying to find it)

Off the top of my head

Basically last year was £450k profit. Obviosuly that has been swallowed up in the new stand. It maybe to 2014 though.

I have found some figures

2011 -£785k

2012 + £7k

2013 +£284k

2014 +£450k

Obviosuly we are certain much went into the new stand. Adn it is to the end of 2014 only

You still haven't explained why you think that is such a terrible thing, given that the lads who own Brassbank also own OAFC, albeit two of them don't appear to be actively involved.

Bascially, if the £6m is static, then things are stable.

If OEC is in lieu of interest payements, and does not reduce the debt, a whole financial different picture emerges.

Do we make enough money over the course of a season to cover all our bills?

All depends what you mean by bills. In the 2009/10 season we would've turned a profit but for The Three Assetstrippers lumping a £1m Failsworth R&D bill into OAFC's accounts instead of Brassbanks...

Wasn't there an interest rate on the documentation someone found?

Should we be asking what the interest rates & charges are for the clubs banking too?

What tariff are they on for gas & electricity?

How much are we paying for pens? Bogroll?

Just let the grown ups get on with it.

We'll let you know when there is something you can comprehend.

Off the top of my head

Year to 31st DEC 2004 LOSS 867877

Year to 31st DEC 2005 LOSS 875562

Year to 31st DEC 2006 LOSS 619639

Year to 31st DEC 2007 LOSS 537846

Year to 31st DEC 2008 LOSS 414006 Includes Everton away

Year to 31st DEC 2009 LOSS 1523937

Year to 31st DEC 2010 LOSS 784815

Year to 31st DEC 2011 PROFIT 7519

18 Mths to 30th JUNE 2013 PROFIT 283725 Includes Liverpool AWAY and next season at home & Everton home & away

Year to 30th JUNE 2014 PROFIT 450180 Includes Liverpool away

Year to 30th JUNE 2015 --------------------------------DUE BY 31ST MARCH 2016 BUT MIGHT BE LATE-USUALLY ARE LATE

Edited by ChaddySmoker