FT: Wigan Athletic 0 Oldham Athletic 0

Holloway holding the ball up and slipping it through to Davies. Yup, can see that.

Would love us to sign Davies. Just can't see them letting him go when they have so few strikers. Or why they'd play him against us if everyone knew he was joining us a couple of days later.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 Points from 4 games. 1 goal in six hours since Dunn sacked

Thank you gentlemen. I am now £20 better off . I simply bet that I could write something entirely factual without any comment and that The Latices intelligentsia would take exception to the truth. I knew you would not let me down

Edited by Magister

Yeah right played for him twice and hasn't a bad word for Shez.... perhaps it wasn't Shez's decision and to reduce costs. Shez and Davies older wiser and anyone thinking he wouldnt be a coup for latics is delusional. If even considering a step up from many recent so called strikers.

He didnt rate him..

Absolute bollocks that Shez doesn't rate Davies and shipped him out in Jan 2009.

Brighton offered £150k for him and as usual the board cashed in.

Granted he went on loan a couple of times prior but he needed playing experience and we were doing well and had the likes of Hughes playing for us then. Even if Hughes wasn't here, would we blood him in and would the fans be patient whilst he found his feet? With our club continually struggling we need results fast so cannot persevere with a player clocking up games with no return. Davies left, gained that experience, proved just how effective he is at this level and perhaps we might now get the opportunity to see him back in an Oldham shirt and a finished article?!

Back to Shez and Davies- Shez has since signed Davies permanently at Chesterfield so doesn't sound like he didn't rate him. Chesterfield only offered a one-year deal, Shez got the best out of Davies in that year with Davies bagging the goals and this led to Barnsley offering a longer deal when his deal with Chesterfield expired and no doubt increased wages plus opportunity to play at a higher level.

Since Chesterfield Davies has openly praised Shez and stated that Shez helped him develop as a player.

I personally would love to see the lad back here playing for us.....

Any doubt as to whether it was the players or managers mostly responsible for our on-the-pitch problems this season was put to rest yesterday. We had every reason to sit back and grind out a point in that match but we did much more than that. The players looked comfortable and confident passing the ball around and, most crucially, showed attacking intent compared to the last time I saw us at Coventry.

It's very interesting that I thought Gerrard of the three signings would make the most impact, he was decent before he went off injured but Dieng and Wilson played well enough that losing him wasn't essential (credit to Shirtliff I'm sure). Palmer and Holloway were much more influential IMO. Palmer probably won't be as good as Shez was but he's exactly the same type of player as him, so assured on the ball. If his shot in the 2nd half went the right side of the post I would've lost my :censored:! Holloway is of a similar build to JCH but much more of a target man with better hold up play. His goalscoring instincts don't seem particularly good but I think Murphy or Forte could fill their boots playing alongside him. Shez deserves great praise for finding two players on the fringes of lower league teams with their talent.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Got talking to the Wigan captain (Craig Morgan) in the pub last night. He said he was impressed by us and thought we deserved at least a point.

He also said he rates Shez very highly as a manager and thinks we have a decent chance of staying up with him in charge.

Still reckon Wilson is too weak in the tackle. A few times he was muscled out of 1-on-1's by their comparatively small strikers.

We struggled with the ball through the channels first half for that reason. Luckily we were able to double-up with the three centre-backs.

Hoping it is Davies think a link up between him and Holloway could be explosive, from Holloways 1st appearance I cert like the look of him. One thing I noticed after Wigan game and wondering if anyone else did Davies made a point of going to all 3 stands with Wigan fans in and clapping( obviously am aware this the norm), he was on his own and it looked to me like one of them thanks I am off claps could be wrong and he may always do this but it just looked that way to me cynical? probably:)

Hoping it is Davies think a link up between him and Holloway could be explosive, from Holloways 1st appearance I cert like the look of him. One thing I noticed after Wigan game and wondering if anyone else did Davies made a point of going to all 3 stands with Wigan fans in and clapping( obviously am aware this the norm), he was on his own and it looked to me like one of them thanks I am off claps could be wrong and he may always do this but it just looked that way to me cynical? probably:)

Extremely. The guy is on a fortune, no chance on gods earth we could afford him and he's too near their XI to be sent out on loan