FT: Wigan Athletic 0 Oldham Athletic 0

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wildschut tore us apart when he played for Boro two years ago

Parachute money is paying his wages and a loan fee to Boro

Pretty sure he's now signed for them permanently, wasn't it this season he played for boro at BP? Good player for this level, we dealt with him well though

A moral boosting performance from the players. Fans in numbers (1400+) vocally back on board. Tactics, including adjustments, spot on.

Accurate, forward cross field balls, numerous balls into the box, young experienced players coming in and immediately looking as though they have something to offer.

With hopefully goals to follow it's beginning to look like a turnaround.

We are getting our mojo back and for me the credit is John Sheridan's. The players are feeding off him. Luck with a manager, perhaps?

Our motm Kelly and theirs the left winger.

Pretty sure he's now signed for them permanently, wasn't it this season he played for boro at BP? Good player for this level, we dealt with him well though

You're right - he made the move permanent last month after being on loan since October

Big and pacy - they tried to play a lot through him and as you say we didn't do too badly

how much is shirtliffs inflence on the defence begining to show kept a team bang on form who scored 12 in there last four to a nil excelent work

We looked solid and well organised at the back today, even James Wilson looks galvanised.

A couple of times they were able to cut inside from the left, but as side above, Wildschut is a good player and Dummigan & Forte (who tracked back and worked hard) dealt with it for he most part.

I can't link from here but have you seen Alan Howarth's photo of Shez at the end saluting the away fans? Tears welling up in his eyes, touching the badge and smiling to the crowd. He loves the club and we love him. His signings thus far have been really promising and strengthened the team .... early days but stay up or go down, I'd rather us have Shez at the helm.

Edited by Midsblue

The first thing that any new manager must do with a struggling side is to start

keeping clean sheets. Shez has managed that and can now start concentrating on creating and

scoring more goals.

He has still got a huge job but keeping clean sheets is the basis of managing a great escape.

Something tells me we can be the Leicester of league one!!!

The first thing that any new manager must do with a struggling side is to start

keeping clean sheets. Shez has managed that and can now start concentrating on creating and

scoring more goals.

He has still got a huge job but keeping clean sheets is the basis of managing a great escape.

Something tells me we can be the Leicester of league one!!!

And if rumours are true, a real attempt to sort that out early next week.

I can't link from here but have you seen Alan Howarth's photo of Shez at the end saluting the away fans? Tears welling up in his eyes, touching the badge and smiling to the crowd. He loves the club and we love him. His signings thus far have been really promising and strengthened the team .... early days but stay up or go down, I'd rather us have Shez at the helm.

I think one thing latics fan cling on to is any sort of individual that shows a love for this club. We have an obsession for bringing back faces that showed some sort of affection at any point in time. We have been an unloved and neglected club for too long and it's good to have someone in the hierarchy that shows some loyalty and genuine desire for the club. Shez is one of very few individuals we fans can be proud of top to bottom in the club and he needs to utilise that and use the momentum to get us out of this mess!