FT: Blackpool 0 Oldham 0

Why not then compare him to some who also had faults in their younger days and went on to play in non league ?.......the only point I am making is that colleagues choose their examplars because they believe that the are legitimate grounds for believing that the things being compared will have similar outcomes.....otherwise what is the point?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not then compare him to some who also had faults in their younger days and went on to play in non league ?.......the only point I am making is that colleagues choose their examplars because they believe that the are legitimate grounds for believing that the things being compared will have similar outcomes.....otherwise what is the point?

Time will tell. I can only give my opinion despite his faults now he will finish higher not lower

Absolutely entitled to that opinion, I on the other hand disagree.. He is obviously in the great scheme of things an elite athlete but by professional standards I don't see naturally good hands nor an alert football brain

There's an ex Latics youth keeper currently with a Premiership club who never made a first team appearance here.

So coleman has been in the team for about a year now just under if I am correct. Last season everyone on here was happy with his performances and I mean everyone. This year he has been in and out of the team under david dunn I suspect that the lad was a little short of confidence due to this reason. Yes he will make a mistake and yes these mistakes will cost us goals although his mistake on Tuesday didnt. He has just kept 3 clean sheets away from home and is one of our own youth products and some of you on here are hanging him out to dry!! FFS what does the lad have to do become Joe Hart over night?? Its no wonder home form is wank with all the cretins in the stands!

Edited by Aarondo Westy

So coleman has been in the team for about a year now just under if I am correct. Last season everyone on here was happy with his performances and I mean everyone. This year he has been in and out of the team under david dunn I suspect that the lad was a little short of confidence due to this reason. Yes he will make a mistake and yes these mistakes will cost us goals although his mistake on Tuesday didnt. He has just kept 3 clean sheets away from home and is one of our own youth products and some of you on here are hanging him out to dry!! FFS what does the lad have to do become Joe Hart over night?? Its no wonder home form is wank with all the cretins in the stands!

I'm sorry for highlighting his pretty significant errors that he got away with at Blackpool.

Last. 10 league games Coleman has played we have lost 6! In that time we have got 8 points . Over a season that gives 37 points and you finish bottom

As for keepers distribution being in part responsible in any team for lack of a goal threat......yes absolutely. The keeper starts more attacks than any player on the field

Opinions

My opinion is that's a load of rubbish. The goal keeper starts more attacks than any other player. Yeah course he does for example Everton played West Brom on Saturday West Brom won 1-0 they had 1 shot on target at 2 shots off target. Everton had over 30 shots at goal but didn't score, so by your logic Evertons keeper some how started most of those attacks that lead to a shot on goal from Everton. How? Edited by oafc1000

I'm sorry for highlighting his pretty significant errors that he got away with at Blackpool.

Significant in what way? Last time i looked they didnt cost us a goal. Expect him to make mistakes in the futre to he is a young lad learning his trade in a struggling 3rd divsion side. The goal keeping postion is a postion of confidence after 3 clean sheets in a row I dont think pointing out his mistakes is going to help him.

My opinion is that's a load of rubbish. The goal keeper starts more attacks than any other player. Yeah course he does for example Everton played West Brom on Saturday West Brom won 1-0 they had 1 shot on target at 2 shots off target. Everton had over 30 shots at goal but didn't score, so by your logic Evertons keeper some how started most of those attacks that lead to a shot on goal from Everton. How?

Once you get the ball you are attacking. Without the ball you are defending. The goalkeeper in any side is the player who most often receives the ball from the opposition. tomorrow count the number of times each goalkeeper takes a goal kick or has the ball in his hands . Each time that happens he has to decide how where and when to distribute. He starts the teams possession . He can go long or short kick or throw release slowly or quickly.....he can dictate the pace and style of possession

PS you may also notice that in good teams the centre forward often dictates the style of defence. In good teams when the centre forward presses the entire team push up and full court press and when he does not press the entire team retreat to their defensive shape usuall 2 banks of 4

Can I recommend you watch the game and not just the ball?

Once you get the ball you are attacking. Without the ball you are defending. The goalkeeper in any side is the player who most often receives the ball from the opposition. tomorrow count the number of times each goalkeeper takes a goal kick or has the ball in his hands . Each time that happens he has to decide how where and when to distribute. He starts the teams possession . He can go long or short kick or throw release slowly or quickly.....he can dictate the pace and style of possession

PS you may also notice that in good teams the centre forward often dictates the style of defence. In good teams when the centre forward presses the entire team push up and full court press and when he does not press the entire team retreat to their defensive shape usuall 2 banks of 4

Again that is absolute rubbish. Are you telling me that the opposition only lose the ball when they've had a shot and the keeper has saved it or he has collected a cross or the ball goes dead over the dead ball line. I'd say for certain possession is more frequently turned over to the other team via a tackle or misplaced pass meaning by your definition at that point you are attacking. You are stating that the keeper has more touches per game direct from the opposition than the other ten outfield players combined.Count how many times a tackle or misplaced pass turns over possession and compare it with how many times the keeper touches the ball. I do watch the game and not just the ball and have a good understanding of tactics and the game of football thank you very much. Your statements are just factually incorrect. Think about it. Edited by oafc1000

Back in the 1960s one Latics manager was asked why his goalkeeper kept kicking the ball down the middle to the opposing centre half, his reply was "Because the chances are he will head it straight back to one of ours"..true story.

Edited by BP1960

Anybody claiming distribution isn't an absolutely vital part of any goalkeepers game needs a reality check.

The decisions they make are absolutely crucial to the way a team dictates play and retains the ball. I don't personally have an opinion on Coleman's distribution but to rubbish its importance is ridiculous.

Nobody can say with any certainty how he will develop but the lack of experience and communication between either goalkeeper and the back four has crippled us all season long.

He clearly needs time to mature and settle - but he also needs to be true to the goalkeeper that I suspect he has been from an early age. He clearly wants to command his area and on the evidence of Tuesday wants to sweep as well.

That is admirable and required BUT the whole team need to be on the same page as him. He absolutely cannot hesitate as he did on 4 seperate occasions that nearly cost us. They need to be prepared to sweep in for him as they did magnificently on Tuesday and he needs to commit early and consistently.

If he makes mistakes doing that - fair enough - but he must learn from them.