FT: Blackpool 0 Oldham 0

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relatively happy with a point...i thought we played some decent stuff on what has to be the worst pitch ive seen in a long time. You have to give some players a little leeway in terms of how they kept hold of the ball. It dug up,the ball stuck...was like sunday league.

I disagree with the comment that we're light years away from 8-10 wins...i thing we're progressing nicely. The issue is we got a man in to progress us far too late.

Holloway and Murphy could do well with time (i know we dont have it!) and i think we may stick a few past someone soon. Just think we'll click as a team and not just a defensive unit. Whether it will be soon enough to keep us in the mix for safety....only time will tell.

We couldn't afford to lose today and we didnt't...coupled with a bonus point (lets face it we were mostly expecting a loss) against Wigan, i think we've not done too badly. We'd have all taken 3 points from the two games. Is two that bad?

Edited by Fruitygoo

Blackpool FC always count season ticket holders, whether they actually atttend or not. They have fairly high number of season ticket holders, as they did special two-year deal at the start of last season. Arsenal do the same. With some cup ties, where they are clearly empty seats, the attendance is still around 60,000.

Edited by Fyldelatic

Relatively happy with a point...i thought we played some decent stuff on what has to be the worst pitch ive seen in a long time. You have to give some players a little leeway in terms of how they kept hold of the ball. It dug up,the ball stuck...was like sunday league.

I disagree with the comment that we're light years away from 8-10 wins...i thing we're progressing nicely. The issue is we got a man in to progress us far too late.

Holloway and Murphy could do well with time (i know we dont have it!) and i think we may stick a few past someone soon. Just think we'll click as a team and not just a defensive unit. Whether it will be soon enough to keep us in the mix for safety....only time will tell.

We couldn't afford to lose today and we didnt't...coupled with a bonus point (lets face it we were mostly expecting a loss) against Wigan, i think we've not done too badly. We'd have all taken 3 points from the two games. Is two that bad?

It is when we're 5 points from safety and we can't score. Nil nil draws aren't going to keep us up.

Sheridan's made a massive difference to this team since he came but the 9 or 10 wins he said was needed for survival still look light years away.

Draws will not keep us in this division and I just can't see where the goals to get the wins required are coming from!

5 games 1 win, 2 draws, 2 defeats, averaging the usual 1 point per game.

1 goal scored in seven and a half hours of football and no signs of it changing!

Not sure how can you say he has made a massive difference when you then correctly highlight not much has changed. Yeah, he has briefly got us all believing a little bit more but that's about it. Folk won't like what I'm about to say next, but it's not a lot different to what we did under Darren Kelly. Look hard to beat, but few real chances, playing infront of the oppositions defences and putting easy to defend balls into their centre backs. For me this is all purely down to us having non-functioning wings. So teams just block out the middle of the park and force us wide where we are totally ineffective. Shez correctly said he wanted a winger...then brought in 2 strikers. That's naive...we need someone out wide stretching teams and servicing the strikers we have already. It appeared he had earmarked Dummigan to do that vs Wigan but once Gerrard gets injured then we had to reshuffle and the plan is gone.

We need a winger Shez! We've needed one all season! But I'm worried we've had all that shylock is prepared to give.

Great following and atmosphere again last night as was Wigan......if we could actually score a goal the bleedin roof would have come off!!!!

The pressure to win games is building all the time and if we can't manage a goal or two and a few wins very soon I don't see us getting out of this :censored:!

We play some lovely stuff up to the final third but are then clueless as to how to put the ball in the bloody net. There is no composure whatsoever in and around the box and unless we can correct this seemingly never ending problem we'll be dead and buried well before May!!

We have loads of wide players and plenty of ball going into the box, just not enough bodies in there to meet them.

No we don't. This is modern day football trash. Rick Holden, Neil Adams, Eyresie...wingers...out and out...venture down your wing, wingers. Winchester...not a winger...Forte...not a winger...Danny P wasn't...Croft is too fat to be one.

We have right and left sided midfielders who are being asked to go wide and cross the ball in. 90% of the time it is a ball from not far enough down the pitch and is met easily by a defenders head. It's killing us. Has done for a long time. And gives most teams an easy 90 minutes.

Play like that and goals will come.

Murphy and Main both had chances they'd expect to score on any other day.

Was Murphy's offside? I looked over to the linesman and he had his flag up but was almost next to the goalline to I assumed it was an offside rather than a goal kick.

Should have buried it either way.

No we don't. This is modern day football trash. Rick Holden, Neil Adams, Eyresie...wingers...out and out...venture down your wing, wingers. Winchester...not a winger...Forte...not a winger...Danny P wasn't...Croft is too fat to be one.

We have right and left sided midfielders who are being asked to go wide and cross the ball in. 90% of the time it is a ball from not far enough down the pitch and is met easily by a defenders head. It's killing us. Has done for a long time. And gives most teams an easy 90 minutes.

We've had one proper winger all season and we let him go.