Ticket Offer - the 5 home games in March ?

Guest nonaenever

Guest nonaenever

How about the club offer all 5 games in March for £50 for adults (with concessions priced appropriately) ONLY available to fans attending the Tuesday night game v Port Vale on 1st March?

Benefits:-

1) An increased attendance against Vale on a Tues night

2) If, say, 2,500 fans take it up that could mean up to £125,000 immediate cash injection for the club

Seems like a winner all round to me?

I know that some people usually mention that games shouldn't be subsidized as it's not fair on season ticket holders etc, but as a season ticket holder I think it's a great idea and don't think anyone would complain this time around, it's the biggest month at latics for years and we need all the support we can get. Come on Simon.

We got 5000 against col u when it was a fiver.

We generally lose when we do offers. Grimsby aside.

Stick to just us who've watched through the :censored: this season and think anything is miles better than it was in December rather than an extra 1000/2000 who will just moan that were not playing barca esque and 3 up by half time. Any offer that comes up has the chance of killing the positivity that's come since she's return.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Good idea...They should capitalise whilst interest is at an all time high for the season, if not just to increase the numbers to spur the team on to stay out of this rut...that way a couple of losses in March would mean doom and gloom sets back in and they have cashed in at least...

Guest nonaenever

Nice idea really wont get an extra 2500 in but might see more crowds over 5000 though in what will be critical fixtures.

I wasn't meaning we would get an EXTRA 2,500 - just that 2,500 fans MAY take up the offer (i.e. including from amongst the current hard-core attendees - although appreciate many of these will be ST holders). Even if only 1,000 extra took it up - that's £50,000 cash banked up front. Just really feel we have to try and create an atmosphere and buzz around the place for a really critical month in our club's history. And imagine the continuing support when we win all 5 home games!

"Come on Oldham!"

I wasn't meaning we would get an EXTRA 2,500 - just that 2,500 fans MAY take up the offer (i.e. including from amongst the current hard-core attendees - although appreciate many of these will be ST holders). Even if only 1,000 extra took it up - that's £50,000 cash banked up front. Just really feel we have to try and create an atmosphere and buzz around the place for a really critical month in our club's history. And imagine the continuing support when we win all 5 home games!

"Come on Oldham!"

No its OK I know you were using the 2500 figure hypothetically. I'm with you I think it's a good idea.

Like the idea in some respects - extra cash and supporters.

But as mentioned my experience over the years is that any cheap ticket offer ends in absolute :censored:e game and a defeat and confirms to those that have not been for ages that they were right to do so.

Perhaps if we get to the stage where a home win would secure League One status, a Celebration Sunday Free game, could be fun?

But as mentioned my experience over the years is that any cheap ticket offer ends in absolute :censored:e game and a defeat and confirms to those that have not been for ages that they were right to do so.

Sounds like most non-free games to be fair

How about the club offer all 5 games in March for £50 for adults (with concessions priced appropriately) ONLY available to fans attending the Tuesday night game v Port Vale on 1st March?

Benefits:-

1) An increased attendance against Vale on a Tues night

2) If, say, 2,500 fans take it up that could mean up to £125,000 immediate cash injection for the club

Seems like a winner all round to me?

No. We always have a nightmare when we put anything like this on.

If we've learnt anything over these last several years it's that the club should concentrate on nothing other than entertaining and/or winning football to get bums on seats.

Am not sure the club would be allowed to do this offer if they wanted. Is it not a FA rule that clubs are allowed to do 2 localised offers a season? That being a maximum of 2 games (I may be wrong but am sure its 2) so with us already doing Southend we can not do more than 1 more game?

What about that 'golden ticket' thing a few seasons back? Wasn't that five games for about £25?

Im sorry but im sick of hearing about ideas for cheaper tickets for the stayaways.

I know we need extra income but why help those who use excuses not to come because they dont like Corney or the they arent coming until the stand is built, I didnt like Hughes, I didnt like that we tried to sign Ched etc etc etc

Why make it cheaper for them when they are not supporters? they are no better than Utd's armchair brigade. If they want to come, let them pay like the rest of us. Im sure the minute things turn for the better whether that be next season or 10 years from now they will all be back spouting that they have been Oldhan Supporters all their lives! same tossers will be in the que for tkts next time we draw Liverpool!

Edited by palmer1

Im sorry but im sick of hearing about ideas for cheaper tickets for the stayaways.

I know we need extra income but why help those who use excuses not to come because they dont like Corney or the they arent coming until the stand is built, I didnt like Hughes, I didnt like that we tried to sign Ched etc etc etc

Why make it cheaper for them when they are not supporters? they are no better than Utd's armchair brigade. If they want to come, let them pay like the rest of us. Im sure the minute things turn for the better whether that be next season or 10 years from now they will all be back spouting that they have been Oldhan Supporters all their lives! same tossers will be in the que for tkts next time we draw Liverpool!

You prob shouldn't have read the thread if it makes you that angry...pretty clear what it was about!

You prob shouldn't have read the thread if it makes you that angry...pretty clear what it was about!

It doesnt make me angry, I find it to be a futile exercise. These deals make no real differnce to the long term fans base and they certainly have no effect on the results.

ooops I forget you cant give an opinion if it goes against the thread title. I will try not read threads when i know I wont agree in the future.

Anybody want a job as a proof reader?