Oldham v Blackpool

Although for all the wrong reasons it feels good having a proper game that has so much riding on it for the first time in a long while.

I usually drive to Tuesday matches but might even have a few before this and suggest as many of you as possible do the same to see if we can produce a rare booze fuelled decent home atmosphere....

I believe Main did well when he came on today so he might well start. Forte has to if fit. Kelly will obviously be straight back in. I hear Jones was crap but will he use Winchester from the bench again given the state of the pitch? Could we still bring in another LB/LM? Will TEUTONIC TIMMY start?

Coleman

Dummigan

Wilson

Dieng

Gerrard

Mills? Or Forte LM?

Kelly

Jones

Palmer

Holloway

Main/Forte

I reckon we'll win and win well

article-0-029CA2BC000004B0-440_306x260%2

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We won't have a better chance to win on Tuesday.Blackpool fans (what there are left of them) want rid of their manager as well as their owners,and are on a terrible run of form at the moment.0-0 it is then as both teams can't score for :censored:.

Got to move dummigan back to full back for me, he's not half as good on the wing. I appreciate he's not a left back but he's better than Mills, who has been awful since we signed him permanently. I think it'll be a straight forward 4-4-2, jones on the right replacing Winchester, palmer and kelly in the middle with Forte on the left. Holloway has to start as he is a nuisance, think he'll go with Main up front also. I feel the midfield, in particularly jones and forte need to be on top of their game, get the service a bit better and hopefully we can start scoring a little more.

Got to move dummigan back to full back for me, he's not half as good on the wing. I appreciate he's not a left back but he's better than Mills, who has been awful since we signed him permanently. I think it'll be a straight forward 4-4-2, jones on the right replacing Winchester, palmer and kelly in the middle with Forte on the left. Holloway has to start as he is a nuisance, think he'll go with Main up front also. I feel the midfield, in particularly jones and forte need to be on top of their game, get the service a bit better and hopefully we can start scoring a little more.

Gotta agree with that formation and team selection. Steady heads required as Blackpool do seem :censored:e at the moment.

100% this

Said it before but do find it odd that Croft can't get a look in, the only way these strikers are going to score is from balls into the box and with Lafferty gone I'm not sure who else is going to provide them.

Hit the nail on the head, service to the strikers is the key and they are not getting it from wide.

Like yourself I feel it's puzzling why Croft is out of favour.

My mate at Droylsden tells me Danny Byrnes was suberb on his debut for them yesterday, mesmerizing defenders with mazy runs, another one who you would have thought worth giving a chance to, even off the bench, to see if he could do better wide than the present incumbents.

If you don't try them you wont know.

Edited by BP1960

hope we dont play 4-4-2 at dale first thing keith hill said on his gmr interview was as soon as he saw Bury were 4-4-2 he knew they would over run them in midfield which they promptly did they would take us apart

hope we dont play 4-4-2 at dale first thing keith hill said on his gmr interview was as soon as he saw Bury were 4-4-2 he knew they would over run them in midfield which they promptly did they would take us apart

That is an oversimplification. If there was 1 person 1 wouldnt quote it's Keith Hill, he makes out everything to be very complicated to try to show that he has some brains

Edited by ChaddySmoker