We never tried a leg in the Sheff Utd game,the form should be disregarded as worthless.

And why was that?

Because Kelly was one yellow away from a ban and Shez knows how vital he is to the team and ultimately left him out.

I'm pretty sure the performance would have been very different had it been any of *Main, Holloway or Palmer* who were a game away from suspension. In fact, Shez would still have played them and risked the yellow.

*I would like to sign all 3 btw.

Edited by sjk2008

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheridan is the biggest reason we've climbed out the relegation zone his task would have been much harder without Kelly.

His task will be harder again next season without him. Shez knows this and if he was to draw up a list of players he would like to keep next season Kelly would be right near the top. If we get rid of 5-6 players fringe players who haven't pulled their weight the likes of Brown, Croft, Poleon, Mills Cassidy that's enough space on the payroll to bring in the 5-6 permanent players we need to make a significant improvement to the squad.

Kelly followed by Dieng for me, Coleman and B Wilson have done okay too

Coleman!?

as well as he has done recently you cant just decide to forget the amount of mistakes he made thios season

I know he is young and learning but he was shocking for large portions of the season even if he was better than Cornell.

If he can play next season like he is finishing this he will probably win player of the season nexy year but he will be hard pushed in a promotion winning side :)

So, let's get this right: without Sheridan & Kelly, Gerrard, Main, Holloway, Shirtliff, Palmer, Corney, a ground, a ball, a calculator, and a scoreboard campaign we'd would've got relegated?

Correct.

Another turning point of the season: when Blackpool offered £70k for Philliskirk, meaning we didn't have to sell Kelly to Wigan in Jan.

I can perfectly understand his reasoning for leaving, but it would be funny if he was playing in a division below having left for a 'step up'

I can perfectly understand his reasoning for leaving, but it would be funny if he was playing in a division below having left for a 'step up'

Did he say it was a step up? He was offered a long term deal on much better money after just having his first child. If oldham couldn't offer/match that then I don't blame him going!

In addition to that we couldn't wait to flog him and bank the money whether he wanted to go or not!

Did he say it was a step up? He was offered a long term deal on much better money after just having his first child. If oldham couldn't offer/match that then I don't blame him going!

In addition to that we couldn't wait to flog him and bank the money whether he wanted to go or not!

Something to that effect. However, hence 'I can perfectly understand his reasoning for leaving'...

I do honestly think that is worth a lot. Sorry, Danny. That is a bit :censored:, isn't it. The lad genuinely had the feel of a Coppinger-type one-club-man. To get rid is a bit short-sighted, if you ask me.

(But :censored: you, Mark Yeates...)

I do honestly think that is worth a lot. Sorry, Danny. That is a bit :censored:, isn't it. The lad genuinely had the feel of a Coppinger-type one-club-man. To get rid is a bit short-sighted, if you ask me.

(But :censored: you, Mark Yeates...)

Oldham, Chelsea, Coventry, Sheff Utd etc

At which point did you get the one club man feel? ;)