• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shez may have to recall Byrnes from Droylsden who won 4-0. My mate tells me he ran the opposition ragged again.

What level? Give over, he will probably never play for us. If he is playing for Droylsdon at his age then he isn't ready.

Reserve team may help.

What level? Give over, he will probably never play for us. If he is playing for Droylsdon at his age then he isn't ready.

Reserve team may help.

I have never been concerned about what level someone is playing in, I've seen pub league players progress to the Championship such as Tony Ellis and Tony Naylor. On your assumption Jamie Vardy should never have been given a chance to go higher than the Northern Premier league.

It's ability that counts, not the level they are playing at.

On the other side of the coin I've seen players with top flight clubs who couldnt cut it as this level like Michael Clegg. Look at the player not the club.

I doubt you have ever seen Byrnes play.

As I keep saying if you dont give them a chance you will never know.

Personally, I'd prefer a willing lad with some flair than the likes of Jones at present.

Edited by BP1960

As promising as Byrnes was from time to time in the youth team, he's only had two appearances (1 start & 1 sub) for Droylsden. Early days for him there but the one they have on loan from Rochdale that seems to get the rave reviews.

After missing much of last season with injury and only getting some game time now, Byrnes will need more games in mens football before challenging for a place in our squad.

Got to wonder why Palmer is playing so deep.

He was practically playing level with Kelly, and it meant that we ended up hoofing it every time to Holloway.

Second half we did it out of desperation, but first half the midfield didn't allow ourselves to leave our own half without lumping it forwards. Winchester would've been perfect to bring us further up the pitch and retaining the ball.

Found some of Shez's tactics baffling yesterday, it must be said.

Second half we did it out of desperation, but first half the midfield didn't allow ourselves to leave our own half without lumping it forwards. Winchester would've been perfect to bring us further up the pitch and retaining the ball.

Found some of Shez's tactics baffling yesterday, it must be said.

That is exactly what Connor Brown did. The problem with both of them is they then do nothing with the ball. Croft maybe was a better option earlier

• 4 weeks later...

Wigan still interested says the guy from that journo guy Alan Nixon

If he keep this form up for the next 4 games we might get a million for him.

I think Shez would be quite relaxed about him either staying or going but, secretly, would prefer him to go for enough money to fund 3 or 4 other signings......

If he keep this form up for the next 4 games we might get a million for him.

I think Shez would be quite relaxed about him either staying or going but, secretly, would prefer him to go for enough money to fund 3 or 4 other signings......

Im one of his biggest fans why the hell do you think we will get a million quid for him?

Other clubs would.

The club are useless at this stuff so us fans need to talk such matters up on the internet.....

No they wouldn't he's 27 he's not going to get much better his style of play is unspectacular but very efficient, which is why he doesn't get as much love from the fans as other players have in the past. He breaks up play and provides a shield to the defense and when he plays a simple ball, passes effectively I don't think he would look too out of place in the level above. However he's not the type of player who commands a 7 figure fee if he was 21 or younger that would be different.

But if talking players up on a message board genuinely ups their price it would be with a heavy heart I would be prepared to let other clubs talk to Connor Brown if a £2million.

Edited by GlossopLatic

No they wouldn't he's 27 he's not going to get much better his style of play is unspectacular but very efficient, which is why he doesn't get as much love from the fans as other players have in the past. He breaks up play and provides a shield to the defense and when he plays a simple ball, passes effectively I don't think he would look too out of place in the level above. However he's not the type of player who commands a 7 figure fee if he was 21 or younger that would be different.

But if talking players up on a message board genuinely ups their price it would be with a heavy heart I would be prepared to let other clubs talk to Connor Brown if a £2million.

There's no way we could afford to give any club £2 million to take Brown. It'd be worth it, but we just can't do it.

26 :shakeit: