WTF was that?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never felt so angry after a match. To have Bury and now Rochdale fans chanting your going down nearly brought me to tears! Feel like if we go down we're going to be missing out on some good games next season and can't see us returning any time soon.

Hope we don't go down but it's looking difficult.

my view of the pen was from the small section of the RRE which was the perfect angle. I thought their lad was smart, he sensed the challenge coming, knocked the ball out the way and let dieng clatter into him. definite pen for me and I didn't see any other defenders complain, they just looked gutted dieng had made the challenge.

(it did look soft as **** on the telly tho I have to admit)

Edited by Luis Enrique

It was game over for me when they went down to ten men. These days we can never seem to beat ten men, we have the advantage of stretching them and knackering them out and we just didn't get into gear first 10 mins of the second half and they got us.

Some shocking referring decisions too mainly for us but a few for dale.

And I have lost £50 off the season ticket promotion too..aagghh

Oh well on to the Burton match

The biggest problem is the inconsistency of his decisions. There were far worse challenges that he let go but decided a soft incident in the box was worthy of a penalty. He was a very very poor ref and never had control of the game. Some of his decision making was so questionable he could play in our midfield

If it was a dive why wernt our defenders all over the ref? No one challenged the decision. Holloways goal shouldve stood though.

Because they know the referee won't change his mind?

I also think our players should have contested the drop ball when their keeper went down time wasting.

For me we have played the last two games with at least a player short

Forte for both the Blackpool and Rochdale games hasn't showed even a spark of commitment or enthusiasm. He just hugs the line and doesn't make any runs until the ball has been played. No anticipation at all and what has happened to his pace and trickery !! Was really disappointed he made the team yesterday

Palmer and Kelly were swamped in midfield by a tenacious Rochdale who were clearly up for the game, having only lost one in their last 6 Games having smashed both Sheffield United and Bury. Sadly the lack of depth in our squad was again painfully highlighted yesterday as clearly we had nothing on the bench at all to counter their midfield

Holloway was superb again, thought Main worked hard and Gerrard our best defender by some way. Personally I think Dieng whilst making a few errors is continuing to improve and Holmes-Dennis had a nervous but decent first game for us

Don't get at all what Thiele brings to the game and Jones like Forte is a shadow of the player we saw last year

Yes agree,

When you are in a relegation dog fight we need all 11 players giving their all.

Currently only have 9 doing that and forte & Jones need replacing.

100% effort can partly offset not playing well but forte and Jones are doing neither.

Our midfield was outfought and second best for long periods, we also started defending way too deep again, with the central midfielders near the edge of our own box leaving a chasm for Rochdale to run into at will. Kelly, for all his tenacity can't pass for f**k.

As others have said, forte and Jones don't look arsed and don't show the attitude needed for a serious relegation scrap.

The party we threw went on until about 2:30 am and I was listening to it through the big stereo as it was too late for music. When Henderson was sent off my mate said well, at least you have a chance now. I said yes, if "no" counts as a chance.

Just don't get this.

They were the better team for about 10 minutes in the first and 10 minutes in the second. Other than that we better in the first half and in the second but for some dodgy officials would have got a draw. Would you have still have said they were the better team then?

They had ten men for 50 minutes and were sitting on a 2 goal lead for 40 minutes, of course we were going to look the dominant side. Other than a decent 10 minute spell in the first half we never looked like scoring.

Therefore they defended better than we attacked, which surely means they were the better team...

We hardly even created a clear-cut chance in a whole half with a man advantage. We were gash. They capitalised on their luck. We didn't.

OK. It's all about opinions as someone else said up the thread. Very soft for me. Thought so at the time and looks like it on screen. The ball was bouncing through to the keeper. Dale had showed no threat up to that point either (which makes it doubly worse). Ref was poor yesterday generally and apparently the goal that was ruled offside wasn't. Ah well. Sour grapes I suppose.

while I did think it was a pen at the time, I completely agree on your point about the ref. holloway was getting mugged all match. felt like the ref had made a conscious decision to just ignore it.

Apart from the 2 'goals' we scored in the second half, 1 of which was incorrectly judged offside

Two chances, one from a deflected shot playing pinball and one being a wonder goal from 25 yards out, is acceptable when you're chasing a game against ten men at home? Not to mention both were at 3-1, and in the last 20 minutes we created virtually nothing.

They were comfortable in truth. Very poor by anyone's standard.

But it could easily have been a draw? We all know the other side having 10 men doesn't automatically mean the other team is going to win.

Getting pedantic but both the 'chances' were at 3-1. Had the second goal gone in the third might not have...