The EU referendum - 23rd June

Matt

The EU referendum  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the UK to leave or remain in the EU?

• Leave the EU
    • Remain in the EU
    • Currently undecided

This poll is closed to new votes

"Provincial," used as an insult along with the other two words. Revealing?

By reading the Guardian perhaps?

I'm merely guessing at the characteristics Zorrro was alluding to. To racist, provincial and stupid, might we add other potential alluded-to characteristics such as suburbanite, selfish and woefully under:censored:ed?

I'm merely guessing at the characteristics Zorrro was alluding to. To racist, provincial and stupid, might we add other potential alluded-to characteristics such as suburbanite, selfish and woefully under:censored:ed?

Sore loser.

Revealing in the same manner racist, stupid and provincial people spit out the words "diversity" "multicultural" and "progressive"?

Is that what you do, or are you painting a sneery picture of the people you live amongst so you can feel yourself to be part of the supposedly superior London elite? I've lived in London most of adult life and now I'm back Oldham I can't see how much more ignorant and bigoted Northerners are.

Sore loser.

I've always said I'm in but not by much. I seriously doubt we'll leave but it's not the end of the earth if we do. It's the end of lots of other things, such as national standing and prosperity, but we can see how we go without those things.

Revealing in the same manner racist, stupid and provincial people spit out the words "diversity" "multicultural" and "progressive"?

Sans-culotte. We'll have to wait to find out what Zorrrrrrrrro meant, and how anyone could attach those characteristics to leave voters.

Is that what you do, or are you painting a sneery picture of the people you live amongst so you can feel yourself to be part of the supposedly superior London elite? I've lived in London most of adult life and now I'm back Oldham I can't see how much more ignorant and bigoted Northerners are.

I was just playing with words leeslover. Never lived in London (though the wife was born in Lambeth and brought up in Brixton) and probably never will.

For what it's worth, I'm at where 24hoursfromtulsehill is -

14 million people voted out - some of them undoubtedly as 'revenge' for being patronised.

Not the end of the world, but it's altered the lives of 500 million people for at least the next 10-20 years - probably for the worse.

And about the most insanely :censored:ing stupid thing Britain has ever done.

I was just playing with words leeslover. Never lived in London (though the wife was born in Lambeth and brought up in Brixton) and probably never will.

For what it's worth, I'm at where 24hoursfromtulsehill is -

14 million people voted out - some of them undoubtedly as 'revenge' for being patronised.

Not the end of the world, but it's altered the lives of 500 million people for at least the next 10-20 years - probably for the worse.

And about the most insanely :censored:ing stupid thing Britain has ever done.

No point me going through the arguments again with you, I won already.

No point me going through the arguments again with you, I won already.

Are we still in the EU or not? Seriously. I'm not one of these clinging-on-to-a-forlorn-hope people, but I honestly reckon we won't leave. We're still in until we're not.

Did I hear that a nation state that triggers article 50 can also suspend it at any point in the two years before leaving?

14 million stupid, racist, provincial, tragically under:censored:ed sans-culottes seem like a betrayable enough crowd to me. Read my lips: "Brexit means Brexit."

Are we still in the EU or not? Seriously. I'm not one of these clinging-on-to-a-forlorn-hope people, but I honestly reckon we won't leave. We're still in until we're not.

Did I hear that a nation state that triggers article 50 can also suspend it at any point in the two years before leaving?

14 million stupid, racist, provincial, tragically under:censored:ed sans-culottes seem like a betrayable enough crowd to me. Read my lips: "Brexit means Brexit."

Still in officially. It's a 2 way thing, though - EU has already started stripping UK diplomats of responsibility etc.

Theoretically, could the EU vote to expel us? and if that were the case, could we use our veto? (lol if we did it would be for the first time in donkey's years...and in an attempt to cling onto the EU!)

We will leave. Who's going into an election opposing it? Not a Tory leader with the party torn into 3/4s. Not a Labour party already terrified of the Provinces going SNP. I'm not sure all the Brexiteers will like the outcome though. I do expect some freedom of movement to survive, which is fine by me if it doesn't include welfare entitlement

Goodness me, up until now I thought you were debating the CONCEPT of Brexit. I had no idea you actually subscribed to this stuff!

One of the best things about Britain right now is the ease with which one can cross onto the continent and vice-versa.

Your prediction is akin to nailing the toilet door shut prior to taking a :censored:! (but thanks all the same for allowing us to open the window half an inch).

Are you saying we need to up our game?

Are you saying we need to up our game?

Honestly you don't.

You didn't have to be a pedantic, square-dealing mediocrity to vote Brexit, but all pedantic, square-dealing mediocrities DID.

Did May say we're leaving next year, or that we're not leaving this year? I'm not saying there's a nailed-on betrayal in the offing, but you can see she's got the option in her back pocket.