IF these injuries are bad.....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Croft, but he's been a major disappointment this season. I honestly believe we'd be better asking Andy Ritchie to register. He'd be fitter.

Brown.........i'll get my boots.......

Croft has had 61 minutes of football since 10 October, if Cassidy can have some slack for not being 'match fit' then the same applies to Croft.

in regard to Croft whi is continuously singled out for his weight...

does this only apply when out of favour because a certain scouse defender who has been excellent has also looking heavier and going off wages at Latics it isnt his wallet

Picked up a knock. Hopefully his and Winchester's injuries aren't long-lasting. Jones played on after his injury, so hopefully that's a good sign.

We should have the players to fill in, with Croft/Brown/Mills all capable and Murphy to potentially return. My worry would be the state of the bench if those players are starting.

Any news on Poleon/Holloway injuries?

Thanks.

So, in the space of about two weeks, we've potentially lost Amadi-Holloway, Thiele, Palmer, Winchester, B Wilson, Jones and J Wilson. That's ridiculous.

Shows why it isn't a great idea to let most of your squad know you think they are :censored:, you never know when you might need even the poorer ones to do a job.

I doubt if anyone could make Cassidy play any better if he was praised to high heaven.

maybe our only saving grace with regards to the 'non picked' players getting a game, will be the thought that Shez is likely to be here next season and they have a small window of opportunity to show him they are worthy of a place/contract??

they may surprise us in the next few games!!

Edited by thetramdriver

Would you worry after Fleetwood beat us on Saturday?

I'd be a little more concerned. The 3pts that is a must is Crewe. A point anywhere else should do us but would rather we got these 4pts sooner than later. I could be wrong of course and Blackpool start blazing a trail. Along with Shrewsbury. Just don't see them doing that though.

Croft has had 61 minutes of football since 10 October, if Cassidy can have some slack for not being 'match fit' then the same applies to Croft.

Not really. Cassidy gets slack (in my book) because he was coming back from a serious injury whereas Croft had a knock and has spent most of the serious out of the team due to being a fat waster. And this is the 2nd time he's done this with us.

Not really. Cassidy gets slack (in my book) because he was coming back from a serious injury whereas Croft had a knock and has spent most of the serious out of the team due to being a fat waster. And this is the 2nd time he's done this with us.

Maybe. But he's always been 'fat' and it never stopped him having plenty of good games for us.

They probably know the manager thinks they're :censored: if they aren't being picked...

He can't pick everyone, that's not to say he shouldn't try to motivate the others for when they get a chance. Hard if you know he thinks most of the ones he is picking are :censored: too.

Just seen Shez's Latics Player interview. Sounds like the injuries are not too bad after all.

Brian Wilson is fine, James Wilson should be ok for Saturday. He said Jones's ribs were bruised, not broken and Winchester's knee injury is not as bad as feared.

With a bit of luck, Nige will realise that he was being a bit of a tool and will send Palmer back as well.

OK, maybe not.

Edit: I do have this weird feeling that he will come on as a 88th minute substitute and suffer a season ending injury

Edited by L1onheartNew

Is he making sure Jones doesn't swing the lead with his comments about being able to play with bruised/broken ribs....?

I read between the lines and thought that it was a threat that if he tries swinging the lead then Daz Shez will break his ribs.

Edited by Twisbrogan

He was a whippet first time around. He was chunky/overweight when back. Third time he looked like he'd been on anorexia camp, which makes sense as he put 4 stone on in the next 2 months. The state of him at Mansfield really upset me to think I was paying towards his next meal

To quote my Dad when Croft came on for the final few minutes of Swindon...

"I think he was surprised to get asked to play, he is still wiping the gravy from his mouth".

As for playing with broken ribs? No way in my opinion - having broke mine a couple of times (snowboarding and then wakeboarding) it hurts to breath deeply and another hard contact could see you puncturing a lung.

Bruised? Maybe. But by all accounts the pain is similar without the lung puncture risk. It would be human nature to protect yourself going into challenges and we need a midfield that will throw itself in front of anything.

"I think he was surprised to get asked to play, he is still wiping the gravy from his mouth".

As for playing with broken ribs? No way in my opinion - having broke mine a couple of times (snowboarding and then wakeboarding) it hurts to breath deeply and another hard contact could see you puncturing a lung.

Bruised? Maybe. But by all accounts the pain is similar without the lung puncture risk. It would be human nature to protect yourself going into challenges and we need a midfield that will throw itself in front of anything.

This. It's one thing to play on with an injury when the adrenalin is pumping. It's quite different the day afterwards.

Soft bastard. I could happily play against huge German thugs with broken ribs, and still manage an overhead kick.

Yeah, his demeanour did seem to be suggesting that if Jones didn't want to play with that injury, he's a bit soft.

Agreed. Soft.

http://m.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2014-09-24/photos-250-games-of-luke-hodge

Hodge is number 15. Went into the game with broken ribs

https://youtu.be/1RiLY3kTl78

Edited by L1onheartNew