Season Ticket Refund

Just got a official email from the club interesting reading.

Thanks for the mail.

We are not refunding Season Tickets at this stage. Whilst disappointed at John’s departure, we move on and hope that once a new manager is appointed he will receive the same backing from supporters that John enjoyed.

Just got a official email from the club interesting reading.

Thanks for the mail.

We are not refunding Season Tickets at this stage. Whilst disappointed at Johns departure, we move on and hope that once a new manager is appointed he will receive the same backing from supporters that John enjoyed.

if that's the case then I would think someone armed with the right information could pull that apart!

person orders something and pays in full..

company then change 'product' that's going to be supplied ...

I'd of thought the purchaser has every right to ask for a refund!

will be interesting to find out if so

'Under EU rules, a trader must repair, replace, reduce the price or give you a refund if goods you bought turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised.'

Since Sheridan was used as a marketing tool, you are well within your rights to ask for a reduction or a refund.

I would disagree that the product paid for has been changed a season ticket gives you entry to all 23 home games and entitles to a specific seat. That has not changed.

Although I think it's quite possible that due to the fact it's not been used and I would suspect is in the same condition as sold it would be quite possible to return it legally.

Am sure the terms and conditions will clear up any return policy.

'Under EU rules, a trader must repair, replace, reduce the price or give you a refund if goods you bought turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised.'

Since Sheridan was used as a marketing tool, you are well within your rights to ask for a reduction or a refund.

That's only if you bought the season ticket after this was posted on the 18 May:

screen-shot-2016-04-27-at-15.34.14210-30

Otherwise, I presume the ticket falls under the same category as concert tickets in which not even a 14 day cooling off period applies.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/documents/1516-season-ticket-application-lowres210-2408467.pdf

No mention of refunds on that article...

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/oafc/staticpages/termsandconditions.aspx

But that one does have a returns policy and basically according to them you should have no issue, although it does mention a cancellation will be applied.

if that's the case then I would think someone armed with the right information could pull that apart!

person orders something and pays in full..

company then change 'product' that's going to be supplied ...

I'd of thought the purchaser has every right to ask for a refund!

will be interesting to find out if so

I wouldn't say the product is the problem. It's the way the club have gone about selling the product that's the problem.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/documents/1516-season-ticket-application-lowres210-2408467.pdf

No mention of refunds on that article...

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/oafc/staticpages/termsandconditions.aspx

But that one does have a returns policy and basically according to them you should have no issue, although it does mention a cancellation will be applied.

Looks specific to e-tickets bought for single matches and not season tickets.

Fans don't have any legal right whatsoever to a refund purely because we change manager.

The season ticket is simply an entitlement to attend X number of matches in a season. If that match is cancelled and not rescheduled then you would have a right to a partial refund I'm certain.

However, as long as the club plays the match irrespective of the manager, players, tactics etc then the club has fulfilled its contractual obligation. Play eleven kids, get tonked 20-0 and pissed on by the rain - you've attended and watched the match - clubs obligation starts and ends there I'm afraid.

If you disapprove of the new manager the you can simply not attend the matches but you still have to pay for the season ticket. If you're on a payment plan then you're contractually obliged to pay in full.

Fans don't have any legal right whatsoever to a refund purely because we change manager.

The season ticket is simply an entitlement to attend X number of matches in a season. If that match is cancelled and not rescheduled then you would have a right to a partial refund I'm certain.

However, as long as the club plays the match irrespective of the manager, players, tactics etc then the club has fulfilled its contractual obligation. Play eleven kids, get tonked 20-0 and pissed on by the rain - you've attended and watched the match - clubs obligation starts and ends there I'm afraid.

If you disapprove of the new manager the you can simply not attend the matches but you still have to pay for the season ticket. If you're on a payment plan then you're contractually obliged to pay in full.

This.

Now move on...

This this and this - your season ticket is for 23 football matches all of which will be played. If season tickets were refunded due to (insert staff members name) not being present Aresnal would be :censored:ed every time Jack Wilshere stubbed his toe

We didn't even ask for refunds when the Pie Girl stopped working in the Lookers.

There were 2 pie girls. Can't remember their names. Wonder what they look like now? ??

'...at this stage.'

Hmmmmm...

Sufficient ambiguity to allow refunds should the new appointment generate mass dissatisfaction and the club want to be seen to be flexible and understanding. They anticipate the odd one or two may exercise this but if hundreds come forward then they can still stick to their guns and refuse refunds.

That said didn't Corney openly offer fans the chance to return STs last season for some reason and only one did take up the offer?

Whilst I expect to be underwhelmed purely because I'm used to it with our club these days, I personally think anyone asking for a refund needs to question their allegiances. The club is bigger than a manager, especially one who doesn't want to be here regardless of the reasons why. We move on as always and us fans should stick by the club through thick or thin regardless of who's in charge, who's managing and who we field on the pitch. With all these fallow years the law of probability suggests were due some success sooner rather than later...

Edited by Midsblue

That said didn't Corney openly offer fans the chance to return STs last season for some reason and only one did take up the offer?

I recall he was open to this if they still wanted a refund after meeting with him. Despite loads of keyboard warriors, only one person had the balls to meet him.

That person suggested we should have had three-time relegation hero Dean Saunders as manager instead...and obviously Corney pointed out the major stock he'd have had for appointing him (or whoever he chose).

That person remained a season ticket holder I think!

I recall he was open to this if they still wanted a refund after meeting with him. Despite loads of keyboard warriors, only one person had the balls to meet him.

That person suggested we should have had three-time relegation hero Dean Saunders as manager instead...and obviously Corney pointed out the major stock he'd have had for appointing him (or whoever he chose).

That person remained a season ticket holder I think!

Not true. I cancelled mine.

Not sure if any of our group are getting one this season, they are struggling to motivate themselves to give another £300 to the brassbankers.

Sad times.

Not true. I cancelled mine.

Not sure if any of our group are getting one this season, they are struggling to motivate themselves to give another £300 to the brassbankers.

Sad times.

That's a shame.

There is a clear breakdown in trust between fans and club, not helped by poor communication. If anything he needs to do more meetings! A bit of honesty would go a long way.