Squad for 2016/17

I have lost track a little over the last few weeks (work, Euros and the Referendum have taken up most of my brain power), what is the current state of the playing staff?

Noticed that 3 youngsters had signed first professional terms, and that most of our old squad have either left or not been renewed (not much tears cried from me I'm afraid).

Who have we got on the books?

If only there was already a thread...

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/48618-squad-movements-summer-2016/

Current squad (contracted to date)

2. Connor Brown (2017)
27. George Edmundson (2017)

Kallum Mantack (2017 plus option)
Jamie Stott (2017 plus option)

6. Liam Kelly (2017)
15. Carl Winchester (2017)
28. Danny Byrnes (2017)

Lee Knight (2017 plus option)

14. Jake Cassidy (2017 plus option)
19. Rhys Murphy (2017 plus option)

Contract under discussion

4. Timothée Dieng (2016 plus option)
5. James Wilson (2016)
7. Lee Croft (2016 plus option)
9. Dominic Poleon (2016)
11. Jonathan Forte (2016)
16. Anthony Gerrard (2016)
20. Brian Wilson (2016)

The linked thread is being updated as and when I get round to it. First post always has latest squad.

I'd look to keep Dieng, J Wilson, Gerrard, and Poleon from them. Possibly B Wilson and Forte if they wasn't on too much money/appearance based incentives instead.

Big wages off the books in Poleon, Gerrard and B Wilson if they go though.

Dieng is the big one on the list for me. Showed signs of progression last season and he could be worth a lot if it continues.

Always goes under the radar but with a decent season he could be a fan favourite...

The rest are take them or leave them

It really is a blank page for the new manager isn't it.

Kelly the only really ever present type on that list.

Brown, Winchester, Murphy and Cassidy were clearly first team players but by no means regular starters.

Then some newly signed youth players that you'd expect to have a small part to play and a couple of other homegrown talent that hasn't really broke into the first team.

I suspect "Making his debut..." will be uttered a few times at the first home game.

I've got a wee ginger dog that has got fantastic close ball control. Needs some serious directional coaching as I've played along side him for 5 years now and I've no idea what he's going to do or where he'll end up. He once dribbled a ball into a Tesco car park and ended up in the car interior section of Halfords. He only stopped to have a piss on the seat cover display, he chose to pee on a cover designed specifically to stop your car seats getting covered in dog hairs which was ironic as he's short hired and rarely moults.

He's not very good with obeying instructions either so he may require extra training. One Sunday morning a little girl was proudly admiring her new pink bike in the park, you know the ones with a little basket on the front. She had sat one of her soft toys in the basket, which unfortunately resembled one of my dogs toys. Well, he grabbed her precious 'kalou' and down the path he tear-arsed ignoring all my calls of 'come back here you little bastard'. Eventually I caught up with him, no sign of Kalou, he must have eaten it. So we've not been back to that park and have booked him into the vets to get his ears checked.

He also fancies himself as a bit of a ladies man so I think he would fit in well with the lads. My next door neighbour breeds Corgi's and on 3 occasions now I've had to peel him off Mrs Spencers delicate little Maisey. Apparently she can get £200 for a pup, but each time my wee ginger dog's dug under the fence she can't even give them away.

Anyway, if we're struggling for players I'm sure he'll play for a handful of biscuits and a pat on the head.

I've got a wee ginger dog that has got fantastic close ball control. Needs some serious directional coaching as I've played along side him for 5 years now and I've no idea what he's going to do or where he'll end up. He once dribbled a ball into a Tesco car park and ended up in the car interior section of Halfords. He only stopped to have a piss on the seat cover display, he chose to pee on a cover designed specifically to stop your car seats getting covered in dog hairs which was ironic as he's short hired and rarely moults.

He's not very good with obeying instructions either so he may require extra training. One Sunday morning a little girl was proudly admiring her new pink bike in the park, you know the ones with a little basket on the front. She had sat one of her soft toys in the basket, which unfortunately resembled one of my dogs toys. Well, he grabbed her precious 'kalou' and down the path he tear-arsed ignoring all my calls of 'come back here you little bastard'. Eventually I caught up with him, no sign of Kalou, he must have eaten it. So we've not been back to that park and have booked him into the vets to get his ears checked.

He also fancies himself as a bit of a ladies man so I think he would fit in well with the lads. My next door neighbour breeds Corgi's and on 3 occasions now I've had to peel him off Mrs Spencers delicate little Maisey. Apparently she can get £200 for a pup, but each time my wee ginger dog's dug under the fence she can't even give them away.

Anyway, if we're struggling for players I'm sure he'll play for a handful of biscuits and a pat on the head.

Sounds exactly like the fans team. Let's do this!

Dieng is the big one on the list for me. Showed signs of progression last season and he could be worth a lot if it continues.

Always goes under the radar but with a decent season he could be a fan favourite...

Could be worth a lot? That's a joke right? We're Oldham Athletic, if he was the leagues best player next season we would only attract bids of 300k maximum.

Could be worth a lot? That's a joke right? We're Oldham Athletic, if he was the leagues best player next season we would only attract bids of 300k maximum.

Sadly I have to report that my wee ginger dog has ruled himself out of pre-season training as he was chasing a black bag blowing in the wind and ran into a barbed wired fence resulting in a gash to his side . He has had stiches and has to wear a lamp shade on his head for 3 weeks, he expects to be available for light training end July. This club is currently jinxed.

Still be worth a lot tho. Jus cos we sell for peanuts doesn't mean they are actually worth peanuts.

Sadly I have to report that my wee ginger dog has ruled himself out of pre-season training as he was chasing a black bag blowing in the wind and ran into a barbed wired fence resulting in a gash to his side . He has had stiches and has to wear a lamp shade on his head for 3 weeks, he expects to be available for light training end July. This club is currently jinxed.

Shame as my 16 year old jack Russell could have gone down bomb alley for us and as she has just come out of an emergency hysterectomy and has only three good legs, I will have to rule her out too. However I have a 3yr old rescue german shepherd who loves footballs...well likes to pop them that is. But has an usually trick of being able to pull a 6ft man out of his wellies when she wants to be unleashed...don't know how we could use that one, but she doesn't like to let go of the ball. Similar style to Nick Henry and mike Milligan of yesteryear. Ha

Shame as my 16 year old jack Russell could have gone down bomb alley for us and as she has just come out of an emergency hysterectomy and has only three good legs, I will have to rule her out too. However I have a 3yr old rescue german shepherd who loves footballs...well likes to pop them that is. But has an usually trick of being able to pull a 6ft man out of his wellies when she wants to be unleashed...don't know how we could use that one, but she doesn't like to let go of the ball. Similar style to Nick Henry and mike Milligan of yesteryear. Ha

Hope your dog feels better soon