7pm kick off v PNE

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before deciding that Mantack is the future which it seems some have after an hours friendly football.

In the 2 friendly appearances he has given the ball away on several occasions and although looks quick and confident, not afraid to get forward he hasn't once been called upon to defend which some of our fans forget is a priority for a defender.

He has done nothing to show that he is better than Law at this point. He is quicker, that's it.

This is not to say he can't become a star but I remember when you all thought Brown was the answer.

Edited by palmer1

Mantack's first touch was awful too. Seems to be the same old story where a lot are happy to give "one of our own" from the youths a fairer crack of the whip, yet both Mantack and Law have only played twice for us in meaningless kickabouts.

Edited by ceskylatic

Before deciding that Mantack is the future which it seems some have after an hours friendly football.

In the 2 friendly appearances he has given the ball away on several occasions and although looks quick and confident, not afraid to get forward he hasn't once been called upon to defend which some of our fans forget is a priority for a defender.

He has done nothing to show that he is better than Law at this point. He is quicker, that's it.

This is not to say he can't become a star but I remember when you all thought Brown was the answer.

Who has ever thought Brown was the answer?!

Who has ever thought Brown was the answer?!

Go looking on here. On numerous occasions I was told my judgement of him from the beginning was wrong. Some will read this and still want to tell me he improved.

It doesn't matter now he's done and everybody now realises hes :censored: as hopefully will SR.

I trust my judgement, at 18yo Mantack is obviously not the finished product. I look for potential and he's got it. I know of at least one Championship club impressed with him. In comparison Law looks sluggish and I've not yet seen him stop a cross going in or get forward with any pace or convicion, yet on the opposite flank Reckford does it. He needs to get up to speed fast IMO.

Go looking on here. On numerous occasions I was told my judgement of him from the beginning was wrong. Some will read this and still want to tell me he improved.

It doesn't matter now he's done and everybody now realises hes :censored: as hopefully will SR.

He did improve but has since regressed.

He never once reached an acceptable standard for this level though.

He started off okay, regressed, improved again then regressed enormously to the position he's in today.

Like any player, they can go either way. I've decided early that Cassidy won't ever come good, but you simply can't say for definite at any early stage. There was nobody who said he would be the answer, just open-minded fans.

Edited by NewBlue

I trust my judgement, at 18yo Mantack is obviously not the finished product. I look for potential and he's got it. I know of at least one Championship club impressed with him. In comparison Law looks sluggish and I've not yet seen him stop a cross going in or get forward with any pace or convicion, yet on the opposite flank Reckford does it. He needs to get up to speed fast IMO.

Mantack has not stopped any crosses or delivered any crosses either and his pace makes everybody look sluggish. I'm judging him off 60+ minutes football in friendlies. You are clearly judging off more viewings?

However i think you will see when it comes to the start of the season Law will give us much more defensively at full back.

Remember Law has only a week in preparation for the season, Mantack possibly a week more which can make a big deal at this point.

Edited by palmer1

He started off okay, regressed, improved again then regressed enormously to the position he's in today.

Like any player, they can go either way. I've decided early that Cassidy won't ever come good, but you simply can't say for definite at any early stage. There was nobody who said he would be the answer, just open-minded fans.

He was never good enough, ever!

Never been up to standard at any point and was judged to do well when he didn't make a error. Judged differently to his team mates.

Im not getting in to it again. I said from the very beginning he would end up being a liability, end of!

I'd rather focus on better players...

I'm sorry but you can judge players early on and be right. BP1960 will tell you that. Some can improve but some will never be footballers to the standard needed.

Edited by palmer1

He was never good enough, ever!

Never been up to standard at any point and was judged to do well when he didn't make a error. Judged differently to his team mates.

Im not getting in to it again. I said from the very beginning he would end up being a liability, end of!

I'd rather focus on better players...

I think we saw his future when Shez tried him on the wing. Clearly had an eye on this season. It might turn out to be his best position and could end up as the fast man we've been looking for

Mantack has not stopped any crosses or delivered any crosses either and his pace makes everybody look sluggish. I'm judging him off 60+ minutes football in friendlies. You are clearly judging off more viewings?

However i think you will see when it comes to the start of the season Law will give us much more defensively at full back.

Remember Law has only a week in preparation for the season, Mantack possibly a week more which can make a big deal at this point.

You may be right Law could start against Millwall and may have been brought in because Mantack is still learning the game. I hope Law soon comes up to speed or we may well see special mention or Wilson in the frame due to their experience.

Cassidy has had many chances, best to move him on IMO.

Edited by BP1960

I think we saw his future when Shez tried him on the wing. Clearly had an eye on this season. It might turn out to be his best position and could end up as the fast man we've been looking for

He doesn't have a lot of pace, he can't cross, he can't pass and he has no football brain.

*Logs out * bangs head against wall

You may be right Law could start against Millwall and may have been brought in because Mantack is still learning the game. I hope Law soon comes up to speed or we may well see special mention or Wilson in the frame due to their experience.

Cassidy has had many chances, best to move him on IMO.

Law will be first choice and I honestly believe Mantack is getting this game time because Robbo has now seen Brown play/train. Hopefully he now builds on this opportunity... Edited by palmer1

"I remember when you all thought..."

"On numerous occasions..."

"Some will read this and still..."

"Everybody now realises..."

So.. We've gone from 'all' to 'numerous' to 'some' and finally 'everybody'.

This is why I love this board! (Smiley winky thingy)...

"I remember when you all thought..."

"On numerous occasions..."

"Some will read this and still..."

"Everybody now realises..."

So.. We've gone from 'all' to 'numerous' to 'some' and finally 'everybody'.

This is why I love this board! (Smiley winky thingy)...

'All thought' -generalisation ;)

'numerous occasions' Sometimes I let Browns actions spoke for themselves.

'some will read this' some wont but at least 2 did reply & within minutes :)

'everybody' I don't think anybody still rates him?

Think that's about right...:)

Edited by palmer1

Callum woods the defender who was carried off on Tuesday is out for the season. Didn't think it was that bad of a tackle

Shame to hear that...

I haven't seen the tackle but I can't imagine it was worse than the Preston keeper who broke Brooke's leg in a friendly a few years ago thus practically ending the lads Oldham career.

That twunt Ferguson wouldn't even move out of the way for the stretcher on the touchline.