Accounts up to June 2015

But we went into Admin and had a CVA agreed for, I think (someone can correct me if I'm wrong), 10p in the £1. I know Moore pushed the boat out but £10m in debt? After fire sale of players also. I can't see it. And if that was the case that they spent £1m on the monies owed...fine...say that. In the Radio Manchester interview I heard it on, Simon stated the club was bought for £1million. Which isn't true and like the monies spent figure (without accounting for incomes) of £14m a couple of years ago, is simply misleading.

I remember it being reported we were losing £800K a year during the Moore era, but like you thought they bought the club for the usual £1 fee for a failing business, surely not £1M as he said!

As a side issue, do you recall any mention of what Corney is looking for in terms of selling up?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we went into Admin and had a CVA agreed for, I think (someone can correct me if I'm wrong), 10p in the £1. I know Moore pushed the boat out but £10m in debt? After fire sale of players also. I can't see it. And if that was the case that they spent £1m on the monies owed...fine...say that. In the Radio Manchester interview I heard it on, Simon stated the club was bought for £1million. Which isn't true and like the monies spent figure (without accounting for incomes) of £14m a couple of years ago, is simply misleading.

Fair enough . I'd guess it's reasonable to think that it cost them more than £1 to buy everything but not the £1 million .

Whether it's true, misleading or whatever it doesn't matter - they want however much it is they want for the club, rightly or wrongly.

A scenario doesn't exist where they'll drop that asking price through one of us saying "aah but, xxxx number of years ago you said x,y or z on GMR.."

It's a hell of a lot closer to the facts that those within your post number 8. :sleeping:

If you dont want to believe my reasoning then that is your choice.

Well as you can't prove that they have made it "abundantly clear" that they want over £10 million no I don't.

If you had come back to me with something along the lines of

"I want to sell the club the price is £10,11,12, 15million" - from Simon Corney

Or

"We are looking to buy the club they are asking for £10,11,12 15 million we might have to negotiate" from a prospective buyer

Or

"We wanted to buy OAFC the owner asked for £10,11,12,15million we started laughing, then we realised he wasn't taking the piss we walked out" from a former prospective buyer.

I would have believed you.

Im led to believe this is for real.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzqys4gb395afo2/Screenshot_20160627-152841.png?dl=0

£3.5m plus repayment of debt (c£9m) if we make the Premiership.

So a £12.5m asking price.

With the c.£9m effectively being a "promotion clause" akin to a sell on clause I reckon Corney would cash in on it the first time it becomes mathematically impossible for us to make the playoffs :grin:

How can we make potential buyers aware of this?

Edited by HarryBosch

Truth be told I've stepped away from leading this now as I've got stuff going on away from Latics that is much more important to me, it's unfair of me to lead something that I cannot put the effort in that is needed

Puberty can be a tricky time for young boys

Edited by OAFCM35

• 3 months later...