City looking for friendly

To late now maybe but ...

This could have been a tribute game for Jimmy Frizzell, him being a former manager of Man city - money made over costs could have gone to Jimmy's family and the cost of a permanent tribute - like a statue or some such. I know things have been chaotic at Oldham this off season but surely one of the directors (BO?) could have got off there arse and made this happen days ago.

Any chance of someone still making it happen ASAP?

Why has nobody at either club made this happen, great idea. Edited by Stainrod

Why has nobody at either club made this happen, great idea.

Bad timing (in terms of there being little time to arrange). Agreed though, given the service he's given at both clubs, there should be a tribute/testimonial game next pre-season (arranged properly) with a large chunk of the gate receipts going to a charity of the family's choice.

In the grand scheme of criticisms of the club, I don't think not hastily arranging a behind closed door friendly against the City reserves at their Academy ground as a tribute to our deceased former manager should be up there.

In the grand scheme of criticisms of the club, I don't think not hastily arranging a behind closed door friendly against the City reserves at their Academy ground as a tribute to our deceased former manager should be up there.

Indeed

The desperation of some to berate the club is sad

Good point - just had an idea and did not think it through :sign0007:

But it would be good to do something against City when possible though

Good point - just had an idea and did not think it through :sign0007:

But it would be good to do something against City when possible though

Would be a very good idea to do next year though. I hope someone at the club has taken notice of your suggestion and is going to approach City about this.

Guest nonaenever

Never understood the animosity of many Latics' fans to City. When we were going bust, I was part of the team of fans who did a bucket collection down at Eastlands. The City fans were marvellous in their support of Latics - both verbally and in coughin up more than £10,000 on the day !

We did Utd not too long after and raised around £4k from a much bigger crowd.

City fans have a warmth for Latics - we should appreciate that.

Never understood the animosity of many Latics' fans to City. When we were going bust, I was part of the team of fans who did a bucket collection down at Eastlands. The City fans were marvellous in their support of Latics - both verbally and in coughin up more than £10,000 on the day !

We did Utd not too long after and raised around £4k from a much bigger crowd.

City fans have a warmth for Latics - we should appreciate that.

Fair point.i did a turnstile some years ago for a friendly against them arranged in part to raise funds for us. Many of their fans paid way above admit price to help the Club to survive Edited by another fan