Grimsby (A) 30.07.16

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This season is going to be a hell of a long one for us.... I hope we can tighten up at the back because unless we get lucky with a signing, i cant see us scoring more than a handful of goals all season.

calm down... the players are all but strangers. "A handful of goals all season", what like less than 10? jesus.

No like under one a game.... Strangers or not, nobody looks likely to score a few do they. We won't score a goal per game... Same as last year.

I don't know yet. they are strangers, like I said. I'll answer you after about 5 or 6 games.

You dont have to all know each other to be creative.... This isnt about balls being put in the box and the strikers not being there.... This is about lack of proper creativity... The side isnt attack minded enough as it stands.

Thats not a dig at any player or manager... Robbo was given an almost impossible task. Im being a realist and just saying i expect a long tough season on the goal front.

Who are our creative players? Crofty... Never done anything in his career when you look into goal/assist stats... Winchester... On his way out and cant get a game

A creative player can walk into a team and create chances strangers or not

Edited by Fruitygoo

You dont have to all know each other to be creative.... This isnt about balls being put in the box and the strikers not being there.... This is about lack of proper creativity... The side isnt attack minded enough as it stands.

Thats not a dig at any player or manager... Robbo was given an almost impossible task. Im being a realist and just saying i expect a long tough season on the goal front.

Who are our creative players? Crofty... Never done anything in his career when you look into goal/assist stats... Winchester... On his way out and cant get a game

A creative player can walk into a team and create chances strangers or not

I refer you to my previous answer.

This team has been together for how many games is it now?.... oh, its one, this one.... and even now for this final friendly its not the first choice 11.

A bit of patience is required.

Thats not a dig at any player or manager... Robbo was given an almost impossible task. Im being a realist and just saying i expect a long tough season on the goal front

We look like an away side letting them play but seeking to break up possession and create from there.

Croft looks the most likely to set something up. McKay got clean through and trod on the ball. Erwin headed into the ground and over when he should have scored. Croft hit a rocket at the top corner that was tipped away. Erwin best a series of defenders before a lame shot and hit a better effort earlier on.

It's a million miles better than fylde.

Concerned that Reckord looks poor defensively cutting out crosses. Burgess pulled Jackson's shirt blatently in the box. Green and burgess also flying in with challenges in the box where the risk of conceding a penalty was high.

We are a long way short of ready for a competitive game but we've come a long way in a week.

Let's see what the second half brings.

Bemoans lack of chances.

Is told by somebody at the match sshhhhh we are making chances.

Bemoans lack of chances.

Voices his opinion...

Is told he's wrong

Sticks to his opinion because he lives in a free world and 3 chances against grimsby doesnt prove me right or wrong

Ok so because we shouldnt be arguig between ourselves..

My judgement is that we will struggle for goals even when the players are no longer strangers. As i said, im sure they are all trying hard to improve ans i cant fault effort of players or the manager.

With what we have i still feel we are light in creativity and that can only come from a couple of quality signings which i doubt we wil get. If we don't i think we'll struggle for goals. This doesnt mean we'll go down... You can win the league and not score many goals!!

Edited by Fruitygoo

Voices his opinion...

Is told he's wrong

Sticks to his opinion because he lives in a free world and 3 chances against grimsby doesnt prove me right or wrong

Ok so because we shouldnt be arguig between ourselves..

My judgement is that we will struggle for goals even when the players are no longer strangers. As i said, im sure they are all trying hard to improve ans i cant fault effort of players or the manager.

With what we have i still feel we are light in creativity and that can only come from a couple of quality signings which i doubt we wil get. If we don't i think we'll struggle for goals. This doesnt mean we'll go down... You can win the league and not score many goals!!

but you stated an opinion on the current game (I take it you aren't there) and was told the facts regarding the current game by someone who is there. facts > opinions.

the rest of your post is just hedging of bets, so you can say told you so whatever the outcome.

anyhow 1-1.

We've lost every game in pre-season. We've conceded in every game in pre-season and have scored in just x2 of them....

We've had no time to train and get the v small squad we have ready. It is the worst preparation for a season in living memory.

Of course it's going to be in for a tough long season. I completely agree.

Anyone who doesn't is simply mad or a blind optimist or both....

Will still support Oldham tho. Admittedly with my hands over my eyes most of the time....

We've lost every game in pre-season. We've conceded in every game in pre-season and have scored in just x2 of them....

We've had no time to train and get the v small squad we have ready. It is the worst preparation for a season in living memory.

Of course it's going to be in for a tough long season. I completely agree.

Anyone who doesn't is simply mad or a blind optimist or both....

Will still support Oldham tho. Admittedly with my hands over my eyes most of the time....

Kin ell don't go near any bridges.