The referee thread 2016/17

We need to win 4-0, you won't hear a word about the referee then.

He might get 7 out of 10 then.

It's like when the opposition score a last minute winner-everyone says trust Latics to concede like that, it could only happen to us.

When we score a last minute winner it's simply 'well deserved.'

Edited by ChaddySmoker

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

Can't agree with a lot of recent comments defending the ref on this one. Something was very, very wrong - but nothing will happen. If I did my job as bad as he did, as a minimum, I'd be on a disciplinary and maybe a final written warning. There has to be some sort of sanctioning for a wretched display like that - otherwise how will standards improve?

Some one said earlier that they heard Phil Dowd was the observer on Sat and they had to remind the ref at HT about shirt pulling.

Don't know if it's true but given what happened it would make sense , however if true then it is totally out of order.

The ref should be told before or after a game about things like this, he cant possibly be doing his job fairly if he is working under different interpretations for each half ,

albeit his own interpretations.

Just shows how out of touch even the observers are and it's the blind leading the blind.

Stonewall?

Im presuming your on about the Clarke incident?

If so I was in line with it and it most certainley wasnt stonewall but nice trolling.

Thought the ref was good today, didn't notice him, which is what we want from refs.

As for the Clarke incident, I had a perfect view, I thought it was a stonewell pen to be fair, he was definately in the box for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...