The referee thread 2016/17

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another day we don't get ours and they get theirs, it just demonstrates the fine line between our best performance of the season and one that could of been very different if things went against us. For what it's worth I thought they both looked pretty good shouts.

It was embarrassing how much their lad played for it. You could clearly see our lads legs get infront of the ball and scoop everything away. The ref should've booked their lad for running 40yds to remonstrate. Just glad that he got his yellow in the end at HT when he carried it on. As for ours, I honestly felt their lad was late and it was one. I'm not normally the sort that views penalty incidents with rose-tinted glasses and often cringe when ours shout for penalties that aren't one. But last night, the ref got it wrong for us and bang on for theirs.

Edited by boundaryblue80

From where I was ( near half way line in North stand) ours was a penalty - mistimed a genuine attmept at a tackle and tripped him and there's wasn't a pen - saw the leg and threw himself towards it rather than being tripped. Have seen them given thoungh.

From where I was ( near half way line in North stand) ours was a penalty - mistimed a genuine attmept at a tackle and tripped him and there's wasn't a pen - saw the leg and threw himself towards it rather than being tripped. Have seen them given thoungh.

I was in the MMU near the chaddy and it was as blatant a pen as you will ever see. The ref didn't even see it.

Best one being the guy on the near the benches who fell in a heap because the ball hit him a little hard in the belly, for a ref who spotted every little push and pull it's about right he missed the two biggest decisions in the game, a blatant foul in the build up to their goal and Osei being cleaned out, Clarke also had a big shout for a pen in the first half when he was again bundled to the floor with no action taken.

Don't think any of the penalty shouts were worth giving penalties, but the ref was completely conned when Matty Taylor got Flynn booked infront of the North Stand. The play-acting was bad enough, but for the ref and linesman to fall for it was pathetic.

And surely if Flynn's caught Taylor in the face, it's a red card?

Flynn threw his arm out and caught him almost with his armpit. He was lucky not to be sent off but that doesn't stop the fact that Taylor's reaction was ridiculous or that Flynn's reaction was to him clearly being fouled and the ref wasn't blowing.

Edited by jsslatic

I thought he dived into Flynns arm tbh. Either way, Taylor should've been sent off for cheating and trying to get Flynn red carded (I know that will never happen, but that sort of cheating needs a rule bringing in.)

As for the pen, I thought Osei just dived into him more than the other way round. Never thought it was a pen.