• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought that players clapping away fans had been the norm since the beginning of time anyway...

When did it stop?

There is a difference between the obligatory clapping and what was witnessed at Bury. The players were clearly amazed at the atmosphere created, which they hadn't seen elsewhere this season. Perhaps they'll say to the supporters create an atmosphere like that all the time and we'll deliver, but of course that's not possible.

On Saturday night, I thought we were going to win the League and not concede another goal all season.

On reflection, we've only come up against one decent side and they absolutely drilled us. Didn't see the Northampton game, but Walsall and Bury offered next to nothing and I could have probably got four posters from this messageboard to play at the back and still keep a clean sheet against them. It's still going to be a big struggle, and there are some defeats (possibly heavy ones) to come along the way...

There is a difference between the obligatory clapping and what was witnessed at Bury. The players were clearly amazed at the atmosphere created, which they hadn't seen elsewhere this season. Perhaps they'll say to the supporters create an atmosphere like that all the time and we'll deliver, but of course that's not possible.

It's mutual, I suppose. If they win more matches then we'll take more fans to away games and produce better atmospheres. That being said, given every player was new at Millwall with one exception, there hadn't really been a chance to form any sort of bond.

Hopefully it had a galvanising effect at the weekend.

On Saturday night, I thought we were going to win the League and not concede another goal all season.

On reflection, we've only come up against one decent side and they absolutely drilled us. Didn't see the Northampton game, but Walsall and Bury offered next to nothing and I could have probably got four posters from this messageboard to play at the back and still keep a clean sheet against them. It's still going to be a big struggle, and there are some defeats (possibly heavy ones) to come along the way...

That's quite an avant face in the space of a day and a half,optimism seems very fragile on this board and as can be seen on another thread some people are going to take a lot of convincing. It has to be admitted that false dawns are a regular occurrence at latics so we are becoming more and more cynical (if that is actually possible), but I have a good feeling about this management team and whilst not expecting any trees to be pulled up anytime soon,I am confident of more stability in the months to come.

That's quite an avant face in the space of a day and a half,optimism seems very fragile on this board and as can be seen on another thread some people are going to take a lot of convincing. It has to be admitted that false dawns are a regular occurrence at latics so we are becoming more and more cynical (if that is actually possible), but I have a good feeling about this management team and whilst not expecting any trees to be pulled up anytime soon,I am confident of more stability in the months to come.

We've had no dawns since LJ left so I'll enjoy this one for all it's worth while it lasts...

I'm surprised nobody mentioned what a great header it was for the own goal. Reminded me of Kenny Clements, who I'm sure must have scored more against us that for us. I know that he was a good player in many ways, but I was always terrified when he touched the ball around our box.

It was good but it was no Francis Benali

Would I make your back 4?

Is it just me who sees the Icelandic clap as sadly inevitable?

They've already taken the Rosenborg sha la la and the Will Griggs on fire songs. Remind me when Erwin scored again to be on fire? Its really irritating stealing other songs, but even worse when they are irrelevant

They've already taken the Rosenborg sha la la and the Will Griggs on fire songs. Remind me when Erwin scored again to be on fire? Its really irritating stealing other songs, but even worse when they are irrelevant

Which one is the Rosenborg one?

The fire one is so, so awful. Tbf there are some songs which you can manipulate for your own use but it's more that we haven't had an original song from them for so long, if ever...

I see City have a new song for Guardiola, it's a take on Palaces 'Glad all over' which sounds pretty cool, I don't suspect their fans are bitching about their own fans getting behind their team regardless of it being a recycled chant that's associated with another team, alternatively if you don't like it step up and get something going more to your taste.

I see City have a new song for Guardiola, it's a take on Palaces 'Glad all over' which sounds pretty cool, I don't suspect their fans are bitching about their own fans getting behind their team regardless of it being a recycled chant that's associated with another team, alternatively if you don't like it step up and get something going more to your taste.

Everton song originally, isn't it?

That's a massive stretch, considering the song Palace sing is in its original form, and City's is original. It's not recycled whatsoever.

So the 'Just can't get enough' is our own then because we've adopted the tune and changed a few lyrics from Celtics original version? What does it matter if the chant provides support for the team regardless of its origin. I bet a few of the new players were impressed by the level of continuous support they received on Saturday and probably don't give a hoot where the chant originated from.