• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the 'Just can't get enough' is our own then because we've adopted the tune and changed a few lyrics from Celtics original version? What does it matter if the chant provides support for the team regardless of its origin. I bet a few of the new players were impressed by the level of continuous support they received on Saturday and probably don't give a hoot where the chant originated from.

Something has happened to you over the weekend you've almost become the voice of reason.

And your spot on about people being pretentious about songs originality. Who cares the players will more than appreciate any vocal support.

So the 'Just can't get enough' is our own then because we've adopted the tune and changed a few lyrics from Celtics original version? What does it matter if the chant provides support for the team regardless of its origin. I bet a few of the new players were impressed by the level of continuous support they received on Saturday and probably don't give a hoot where the chant originated from.

Well, no. It's not Palace's 'original version' if they're literally just singing the song as it was sung...

The players don't give a :censored:, but the players don't really give a :censored: about the club either, let's be honest - they wouldn't care if the club changed colours to yellow, or put the price up by 50 quid, but you would. It's obviously a fan, identity thing to have your own chants.

They've already taken the Rosenborg sha la la and the Will Griggs on fire songs. Remind me when Erwin scored again to be on fire? Its really irritating stealing other songs, but even worse when they are irrelevant

As a good friend of mine said, Erwin is likely to be the best striker we've ever had who will never score a goal.

I hope he learns soon to stop trying to walk it in and shoot more often.

I've seen at least 3/4 occasions this season where Flynn has waited for the cutback to shoot and Erwin has taken it one step too far and been dispossessed.

Great player in the making at this level with the right nurturing.

Agree about Erwin doing a tad too much especially when he has an opportunity to put it in the box earlier, as he settles in and his confidence grows I'm sure he will make better decisions, going back to the game on Saturday it would be nice if Mackay backed himself one on one against the last man, he had at least two opportunities on Saturday where a trick or a bit of skill would of put him through but he just didn't have the confidence to beat his man and get the shot away, hopefully it will click for them in time.

Agree about Erwin doing a tad too much especially when he has an opportunity to put it in the box earlier, as he settles in and his confidence grows I'm sure he will make better decisions, going back to the game on Saturday it would be nice if Mackay backed himself one on one against the last man, he had at least two opportunities on Saturday where a trick or a bit of skill would of put him through but he just didn't have the confidence to beat his man and get the shot away, hopefully it will click for them in time.

I'd have put Osei on instead of Croft to support the breakaways. Anyway, we've got a few quick players pushing for a game so there's room to switch it around

I'd have put Osei on instead of Croft to support the breakaways. Anyway, we've got a few quick players pushing for a game so there's room to switch it around

I thought the Croft sub was the most sensible we made as he kept the ball well at times and is much better defensively than osei would have been. Osei for McKay a little earlier may have been a better option when bury were quite high but not pressing like they did in the last 10. That said, we won and ground out the result, so no real grumbles. Not blessed with pace but we keep the ball well and move the ball forward quite direct and quickly which is what the best teams in this god awful division do

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nonaenever

If that's the case then Steve Robinson needs to have a look at Bradford. Watching their sublime winger was actually worth the £25 rip-off entrance fee. He was exciting !

• 2 weeks later...