Bury board stating we are one of the worst teams they have ever seen in league 1 there, despite our win. Claims this was a six pointer as we'll both definitely be in a relegation scrap. Bit harsh.

Sounds like sour grapes .

Good win albeit we should have won by a bigger margin.Some woeful crosses and wasted opportunities and Always worrying they could have got an equaliser.Green Fane Erwin Clarke and Ripley shone but all the team are gelling and will get better when we get a decent striker onboard.Excellent support from our fans away from home again

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bury board stating we are one of the worst teams they have ever seen in league 1 there, despite our win. Claims this was a six pointer as we'll both definitely be in a relegation scrap. Bit harsh.

A couple think we are the worst side they have ever seen at league 1 level and they only way we won't finish bottom is if Bury finish below us.

Another states the only reason they lost yesterday is because they 'beat themselves' :)

While saying this they also think if we'd had a clinical striker we'd have won by 3 or 4!

Worst team ever but should have scored 3 or 4 hmmmmmm how does that work again?

The sign of a good, battling league 1 side is when the opposition message boards slate you as being :censored:.

How many times have we heard - "...you didn't play like a team in a relegation dogfight. Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season and hope you stay up." ?

Hopefully, from now on we'll hear - "..How the :censored: Oldham are in the top six is beyond me..."

Edited by piglinbland

Bury will go down this season hopefully along with Dale.

All is not well at Dale. Pre season "play offs" optimism has evaporated. Fans are unhappy with ticket policy and attendances have collapsed even further. Interestingly there a is actually some grumbles starting about Keith Hill too.

Connor Ripley ‏@ripley_connor 18h18 hours ago

GET IN! First win of the season and a deserved win lads were brilliant and so were the fans! On to the next one @OfficialOAFC #OAFC

Dunney ‏@C_Dunne3 18h18 hours ago

Job Done, Clean Sheet Nd Derby Win Cumonnn! Gtta Build On That Result! Fans We're Different Class! On 2 Tuesday. @OfficialOAFC #OAFC

Darius Osei Jr ‏@juniordarius18 17h17 hours ago

Feels great with the first win of the season..Derby victory .. EFLCup next #RobbosBAWA @OfficialOAFC

In the first 3 games, I felt Green was getting praised for not very much but that yesterday was an outstanding performance. Reminded me of Duxbury back in the day. Regards Player of the Season though, there's not a chance of anyone winning it other than Peter Clarke. Man mountain every game. Overall, that yesterday was a well executed away game. We will win lots of points away from home playing that way. Just need to work on how to set up at home to be more threatening but that will hopefully come with pacey wingers like McLaughlan.

Must say that Green has been outstanding every match I've seen. Didn't go Millwall.

Fane has an awful lot to learn and he's not nearly as good as people think. However Green has anchored that midfield. Masterful both today and Walsall in particular.

I wouldn't want to pick a favourite between Green and Clarke so far.

Edited by NewBlue

Listened to radio after the game. Bury fan said we 'shut up shop after the goal'. Then another fan who said we'd clearly be fighting for bottom spot, after we'd just battered them for 75 minutes. Gob:censored:es.

The town of Bury must have some real water pollution problems.

Edited by NewBlue

Great result and fantastic atmosphere by the Latics fans yesterday!

We'd like to say a big thank you to all the players and Robbo for coming over and clapping the fans, we'd really like to encourage this every week, whether we win or lose, if you give 100% we will support you till the end ‪#‎OTID‬

OA 95 Athletico Ultras

3 hrs ·

We'd like to say a big thank you to all the players and Robbo for coming over and clapping the fans, we'd really like to encourage this every week, whether we win or lose, if you give 100% we will support you till the end #‎OTID

Bollocks to clapping them if we lose, with the odd exception...

Cracking ground-out win, that. Thought Ripley was man of the match. Defence were solid, again. Created plenty of chances without it quite clicking up front but I'm not gonna panic about the lack of goals just yet.

Utter piss poor organisation by Bury once again though. We were kept waiting while 4 stewards had a debate about whether we could take bottles of water in:

"We're not letting any bottles in are we?"

"It's just glass bottles isn't it?"

"I thought it was any?"

"Well I've been letting plastic bottles in."

"Nah they're fine, look, the seal's not even broke on them." (Er, sure, we deffo haven't opened them,mate)

If you're gonna treat it like Fenerbache v Galatasaray, do you not thoroughly brief your stewards on what they can and can't allow in? Can't help thinking their financial woes aren't being helped by not selling alcohol on the ground then letting people in with vodka-filled water bottles,either.

Organisation was spot on at Bury (has been in the 3 games I have seen). We won the ball back time and time again.

We clearly lack pace on the break and that could be what stops the team really kicking on. Whether its a speed demon winger or striker (or preferably for me - both) I think we need to get one in.

Other than that I couldn't really fault Saturday.

Green was outstanding - easily MOTM.

We'd like to say a big thank you to all the players and Robbo for coming over and clapping the fans, we'd really like to encourage this every week, whether we win or lose, if you give 100% we will support you till the end ‪#‎OTID‬

Are they actually negotiating with the manager and players here?

Edited by HarryBosch

Must say that Green has been outstanding every match I've seen. Didn't go Millwall.

Fane has an awful lot to learn and he's not nearly as good as people think. However Green has anchored that midfield. Masterful both today and Walsall in particular.

I wouldn't want to pick a favourite between Green and Clarke so far.

Nah, he hasn't. I've seen all 5 games so far and Green was struggling to find a blue shirt in the first 4 games. Would win the ball, then would either hand it straight back or go passing to our defence. Very Liam Kelly-esque who was raved about for similar. I'd take Greens Bury performance over the other 4 every time.

Hope to see more of his Bury game.