OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter

Guest nonaenever

OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a fresh and independent initiative (OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter) to try and bring about positive change at the club?

And if the trust are not applying the theory then the line about them having knowledge via the shares and the seat are pointless and has no relevance.

In effect, the trust directors post is a sham. If you are alleging that he's not performing his Lawful duty, I think you should say so.

Personally I hope he is

Must be nice living in a black and white world.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be nice living in a black and white world.

Black/white

Lawful/illegal

Are you suggesting the trust director is playing a grey game with his legal responsibility?

You do know that directors can be prosecuted and barred don't you.

You need to find an easier target. You're not even close here

No need for any apology at all underdog. At least we have stimulated healthy debate!

With regard to communication, a very learned professor of economics once told me, "in the absence of honest, clear communication, the void will be filled with rumour and vitriol"

Monthly newsletters (by email to save on cost) can often be a good idea - they keep things "fresh" and help maintain profile. Often, with websites, people look once or twice and never again - hence the subject matter can easily be forgotten about.

QED The laest news.

The club and trust are obsessed with secrecy and pretend they're part of some elite cult, when in reality only about 5,000 of us care. I wish the trust would fold it really has done nothing but use its seat on the board as a meal ticket for a comfy seat at the games and a free meal and also the chance to feel important when in reality they have no voice.

The club is on its last legs and will die a slow death with this clown currently running the show. The trust is pointless don't even know why they have a seat on the board. Issues like this clearly don't get raised and nothing is relayed back to us.

From the Trust's website:

Protecting the future of Oldham Athletic

With a seat on the board, Trust Oldham is in a key position to ensure a debacle similar to that of the Chris Moore Era will never happen again unnoticed. We continue to work alongside the club to help build a solid and stable business with supporters at its heart to ensure professional football continues within Oldham.

Edited by pinevillawill

From the Trust's website:

Protecting the future of Oldham Athletic

With a seat on the board, Trust Oldham is in a key position to ensure a debacle similar to that of the Chris Moore Era will never happen again unnoticed. We continue to work alongside the club to help build a solid and stable business with supporters at its heart to ensure professional football continues within Oldham.

"Unnoticed" :lol:

Guest nonaenever

Hi - an update now I`m back from London to the arctic circle town of Oldham!

I agreed to a provisional meeting date of Tuesday 29th November with the Trust - yet to receive confirmation from them. I returned the Chairman's message on my voicemail - and left a message last week - no response yet but I appreciate he may well be out of the country again now.

Will continue to move this forward for now in tandem with the offer to meet the Chairman.

Regarding the voting, at the time of writing this 66 people have voted - with an 80% "yes" return. Clearly, with such small numbers, it cannot be said that the 80% is representative of the whole fan base but it does provide a useful indicator that there is a desire amongst some fans for an independent initiative like this. Suggest we see if Tuesday's meeting comes off - and I will update thereafter?

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this has now become entwined in another thread...I think called questions for the chairman?

There was an update on there with regards to meetings and what was going to happen next with regards to a recorded q and A

I think....as I have slept since

Edited by underdog

Tbf if you mean "summary of questions asked. Ask the chairman" that hasn't seen any new posts since December the 8th.

There is such a feeling among supporters that we are on the verge of hitting our rock bottom that there is most definitely support for something to happen.

This actually going to start picking up pace? There's no point keep thinking up plans, to basically sort the board, or shift them, if nothing is going to be followed through. At the moment, the general feeling in the crowd is that Corney needs to be shifted, and going from the forum, there is a small minority still in Corneys corner, now is the time to actually do something. Never mind seeing if you have enough support, if you believe in this working so much then do it, support will build when the idea becomes a reality. I for one and many others will back you 100%.

If we go down, as there has still been no fan uprising (and therefore no change) believe me, we will keep going plummeting

Guest nonaenever

This actually going to start picking up pace? There's no point keep thinking up plans, to basically sort the board, or shift them, if nothing is going to be followed through. At the moment, the general feeling in the crowd is that Corney needs to be shifted, and going from the forum, there is a small minority still in Corneys corner, now is the time to actually do something. Never mind seeing if you have enough support, if you believe in this working so much then do it, support will build when the idea becomes a reality. I for one and many others will back you 100%.

If we go down, as there has still been no fan uprising (and therefore no change) believe me, we will keep going plummeting

Dan - it's simply been a matter of finding the time lately. I`ve been in Glasgow, Coventry and London - but am home now until the New Year. I think a meeting for the fans will be the next step - and take it from there but agree - something simply has to be done - I just hope apathy hasn't completely set in amongst the support though.

Dan - it's simply been a matter of finding the time lately. I`ve been in Glasgow, Coventry and London - but am home now until the New Year. I think a meeting for the fans will be the next step - and take it from there but agree - something simply has to be done - I just hope apathy hasn't completely set in amongst the support though.

it has to happen. things have to change.