Peterborough (h)

Do we carry on with the side which has performed well, despite only the single point from a possible six?

I've been to neither game, but yet again we've not had strikers on the scoressheet.

Is it worth taking one out and putting an extra man into midfield? Fane/Green/Banks combination or perhaps we put Erwin onto the left-wing, where I think he'd be a revelation, and put Flynn behind a lone striker - I'd choose Mckay, just for his work rate.

On the plus side, it can't be any worse than Peterborough at home last season...

We haven't won at home

on a Saturday

in the league

since April 23

That will change THIS Saturday.

Get yourselves to BP and say "I was there when Billy McKay scored his first Latics league goal and it was the winner"

Please tell me the win ove Scunthorpe wasn't a dream

He won't, but he should go five in midfield. There's no need in playing two up top when they're both turd and not scoring goals.

Flynn, Winch, McLaughlin behind one striker (I'd go Erwin, who's probably the best of a truly awful bunch, or McKay for his work rate etc), then Green and Banks behind.

He won't, but he should go five in midfield. There's no need in playing two up top when they're both turd and not scoring goals.

Flynn, Winch, McLaughlin behind one striker (I'd go Erwin, who's probably the best of a truly awful bunch, or McKay for his work rate etc), then Green and Banks behind.

Banks had his best game in a Latics shirt last night. Centre midfield just behind the front two for me.

Reckon Erwin would be a revelation on the left wing. He may not be fast but he's got excellent vision and shooting. He'd cause a lot of problems there - more than he would do up top.

Since Banks and Flynn have come into form it actually feels like we've finally got options.

I'd settle for being entertained if I'm honest a win would be a bonus, I'd hazard a guess from now on in that Robbo has been told to knock the safety first approach on the head and go out all guns blazing, if we are to be relegated let's put up a fight and take it to them, hopefully a new approach at home can reap some rewards and I'd be disappointed if we roll over and get our belly tickled again tomorrow.

We haven't won at home

on a Saturday

in the league

since April 23

That will change THIS Saturday.

Get yourselves to BP and say "I was there when Billy McKay scored his first Latics league goal and it was the winner"

Lovely bit of poetry, that.

Start Winchester or GTFO, Robinson.

In my mind they are in a false position in the league. They are one of the best footballing sides in the division and they will soon be climbing the table'

High praise indeed from Peterborough's manager. Is he just saying it, though? May well know Robinson, both being Northern Irish...