The Chairman's Invitation

Maybe there is a simpler explanation for the 'missing cash' - that day to day running costs far outstrip income and monies such as the Sports direct sponsorship are used to plug the haemorrhage?

A far from perfect business model, but pretty much standard practice these days.

That would be fair enough then, but there is absolutely no transparency. If Corney along with the board, openly came out and stated where the money had gone then it would all be fine, I am not annoyed at the board for the lack of money, I am annoyed at the constant false promises and the lies. He needs to come out and not just state 'we have cash flow issues' , he needs to actually say where the money has gone and why the promised budget money hasn't gone towards the budget. Because at the moment, it looks very much like it has been back pocketed.

I am merely asking for the club to be ran properly, in which it is not.

Edited by Danbright12

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from implying they trousered 5.5m AND 700k

The club spent 5m on Failsworth but we're give 5.7m back.

The 700k was in lieu if being sued but saving the club legal costs.

I don't know the figures but it's post half the income from the housing went on build costs and fees. Much of that funded the North Stand I expect, though not the full amount of obviously.

Details would be nice, but I suspect you think they made. Millions from those transactions.

So adding that together obviously equals 900k

It doesn't, does it?

My guess on the Sports Direct income being lower than hoped is that:

1) It was delayed a year

2) The shop is invariably quiet

3) The click bait income from internet links is nowhere near the thresholds needed

Guess. Not knowledge.

Lord knows how anyone could ever have thought a shop in that location would be busy. Not exactly a destination

The failsworth money was a reimbursement to blitz to stop him suing it was his money he purchased the land with it was never the club's money it was blitz's all circa £5m of it.

The £700k grant went into the stand that was the sweetener to appease him from public money to help the stand along...

Edited by oafcprozac

So adding that together obviously equals 900k that has gone nowhere, well nowhere visible. And nowhere, not even in the article does it state the 700k was for the saving of legal costs, so I doubt that is true. Land deals, especially to the NHS would of been worth millions, and fair enough some went to the stand, but I highly doubt 100% of the profit did.

So the question remains where did the money go?

And, say the profits did go to the stand, where in the world did the Sports Direct sponsorship money disappear too? The money which was explicitly stated to go towards to budget.

**To add to what I put, going from the MEN article above, only SOME of the 5.7 million went towards to stand, to where did the rest go? Because it 100% did not go towards to budget, nor long term investment**

Where did the money come from to run the club for the last 10 years or so? That would add some balance to the questioning.

Don't care where which bit of money went where. I am more concerned the club is dying on its feet through lack of ability to stop it, nor the will to see it go forward. Corney's own words it's a feat keeping us in this division. It's quite clear from the present predicament he is seriously in trouble even trying to do that. That's not to say he should wad in millions, especially when he hasn't got it to give, but please for the love of god sell up, sell up fast before your small selling worth becomes smaller!!

Simon, it's not a success to take the club lower than where you found it. It really isn't.

Edited by Lags

That would be fair enough then, but there is absolutely no transparency. If Corney along with the board, openly came out and stated where the money had gone then it would all be fine, I am not annoyed at the board for the lack of money, I am annoyed at the constant false promises and the lies. He needs to come out and not just state 'we have cash flow issues' , he needs to actually say where the money has gone and why the promised budget money hasn't gone towards the budget. Because at the moment, it looks very much like it has been back pocketed.

I am merely asking for the club to be ran properly, in which it is not.

To be fair, as a small business, I have to be most circumspect in the information I give out, and the same applies to OAFC.

Total transparency would spell death to any business, mine included. It would mean a call from the taxman, it would give an unfair advantage to competitors and it would bring howls of dissatisfaction from the customer.

Every business, big or small, motors on a mixture of little white lies, ('the cheques in the post'), disinformation, creative accounting and the ability to big-up (potential investor) or play down (inland revenue) the company image,

I'm not writing this to defend Simon Corney from criticism - only to suggest that some criticism is unreasonable.

Yet again Latics Chairman, Simon Corney, after coming under pressure from fans, puts out a passive aggressive interview, where he points the finger of blame onto a whole list of others for the clubs sorry predicament a predicament that he plays down at the same time.

Seemingly, its no biggie to Simon that the club, festering in the relegation zone of League One, are under a transfer embargo, in the same way it was all cool when the club were frequently paying wages late in the recent past. Everyone does it; its the way football works. Hes just sorry everyone found out. Hes got a HMRC bill to think about but itll be fine because, well, it always is.

Of course, Rochdale taking action was steeped in malice and probably related to Calvin Andrews suspension for his assault and battery of Peter Clarke. It couldnt possibly be that they just want paying what theyre entitled to.

He also made accusatory noises about the local media, who, as far as I can see, have been kinder to him that they might have been. Im struggling to see that anything has been printed which doesnt appear to have sound basis.

Worst of all, he listed usernames of his critics on OWTB and called them out in a come and say it to my face style, all dressed up as a demonstration that he has nothing to hide.

But thats not true. Is it, Simon?

If those people were to accept your invitation, would you answer every question fully and honestly?

What if they were to ask you to talk about the specific mistakes youve made as the clubs Chairman?

How about if they asked how many other clubs Latics owe for ticket sales, like they do Rochdale?

And how about unpaid fees relating to current loan players?

What made Joy look for employment elsewhere and Anna Kocerhan depart very shortly after? Was it in any way related to the manner in which you have been running the club?

Would you say a disproportionate number of players at Latics are represented by certain agents? How would you describe your relationship with those particular agents?

How are your personal finances? Sorry, none of my business. Unless, that is, theyve become entwined in the clubs business. Have you ever taken out personal borrowings against the club? Ever paid personal debts with club money?

Its been a busy few months, with the season ticket offer, Sheridan leaving for a League Two club, a winding up order, the whole squad being replaced, an entire new backroom room staff recruited and a new season having got underway. Presumably the Board of Directors have held frequent meetings to preside over these things? When was the last meeting of the Board of Directors? Why have the great Barry Owen and the Estate Agent been absent from the Directors Box at recent fixtures?

Hows your relationship with Simon Blitz these days? Does he still want you at the club? After all, its still his, isnt it?

If youre going to put out another interview to turn peoples attention elsewhere, try to look a bit more convincing.

~ I have known a vast quantity of nonsense talked about bad men not looking you in the face. Don't trust that conventional idea. Dishonesty will stare honesty out of countenance any day in the week, if there is anything to be got by it. ~

You have absolutely nailed it mate! Hope someone goes in a reads that off

Hence why I put trousering in speech marks. Not the word I would choose. It was an inflammatory word Singe decided to use to spice up the original posters comments.

No I didn't spice it up, I agreed with all, except the 5.5m +700k line. Hence I said except.

The sentence clearly led the reader to believe that they had made 5.5m + 700k, people believe that.

The spicing up is done by others implying multi millions have been siphoned, trousered etc.

As I have said elsewhere, there are many questions that it would be good to answer, clarity given and/or intentions.

It probably needs a few people to go, some that can keep a cool head and put him on the spot, but without they assumptions. As with any interview or interaction, if we can get SC to relax a bit then more info may be forthcoming.

Going for the jugular from the off won't achieve half of what can be with a more even handed approach.

To be fair, as a small business, I have to be most circumspect in the information I give out, and the same applies to OAFC.

Total transparency would spell death to any business, mine included. It would mean a call from the taxman, it would give an unfair advantage to competitors and it would bring howls of dissatisfaction from the customer.

Every business, big or small, motors on a mixture of little white lies, ('the cheques in the post'), disinformation, creative accounting and the ability to big-up (potential investor) or play down (inland revenue) the company image,

I'm not writing this to defend Simon Corney from criticism - only to suggest that some criticism is unreasonable.

Nope not every business mate...wide of the mark there that's for sure!

Don't care where which bit of money went where. I am more concerned the club is dying on its feet through lack of ability to stop it, nor the will to see it go forward. Corney's own words it's a feat keeping us in this division. It's quite clear from the present predicament he is seriously in trouble even trying to do that. That's not to say he should wad in millions, especially when he hasn't got it to give, but please for the love of god sell up, sell up fast before your small selling worth becomes smaller!!

Simon, it's not a success to take the club lower than where you found it. It really isn't.

Nail hit on head.

The problem is...it has to be a lock, stock and land sale. And it isn't his to sell. Hence why I put the post below up on Tuesday lunchtime that has since been swamped in nonsense since his latest propaganda was released...

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/49187-transfer-embargo/?p=878672

One thing that was new (to me) was BB80 stating he thought that TTA paid £1m, but Jarvis said £1. I've always assumed that was ongoing wages.
Tricky to take it right back to the start, but perhaps that's what's needed. A list of the money in, money out issues that people have might help clear up some myths, explain where some money went, or even verify money has gone.

I've seen a part list somewhere, could whoever did it point me to it and we add it all up.

One thing that was new (to me) was BB80 stating he thought that TTA paid £1m, but Jarvis said £1. I've always assumed that was ongoing wages.

Tricky to take it right back to the start, but perhaps that's what's needed. A list of the money in, money out issues that people have might help clear up some myths, explain where some money went, or even verify money has gone.

I've seen a part list somewhere, could whoever did it point me to it and we add it all up.

Not sure what the point would be singe?

Jarvis did day £1 and in an interview he also joked they he never received it.

He said...

I said...

Really? What a load of utter :censored:e :lol:

He said...

Nope not every business mate...wide of the mark there that's for sure!

He said...

Please elaborate...?

You said, in strawman fashion..

Complete silence from those that think every business does everything transparently. Unsurprisingly, be very interesting to see where those accusing work/run a business......

?????

Edited by HarryBosch