The straw that broke the camels back?

as for his coach you all know what I think of him, we hardly saw his face during the game as it was buried by his clipboard and then he turned to scribbling copious notes at 3-0 down.

So you're saying him and his clipboard obviously got us back into the game. What's your obsession with a manager or coach talking tactics. You don't half talk :censored:. It happens at every level of the game whether it's written down or not

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked a broken man watching that first 70 minutes, as for his coach you all know what I think of him, we hardly saw his face during the game as it was buried by his clipboard and then he turned to scribbling copious notes at 3-0 down.

I don't get it.

You don't have a clue what he does. The only reason you seem to dislike him is because he carries a clipboard. I'm sure there are plenty of great coaches who carry them.

I don't get it.

You don't have a clue what he does. The only reason you seem to dislike him is because he carries a clipboard. I'm sure there are plenty of great coaches who carry them.

The proof is in the pudding, check where we are in the league and the dire football played at BP (I assume you don't go though so haven't witnessed it).

He had 2 weeks to prepare for what everyone knew were Lincolns strengths and failed miserably, that says it all.

The impressive Lincoln manager knew our weaknesses and got it right.

He keeps it simple whereas Barraclough makes it complicated, why write copious notes when losing 3-0, unbelievable.

Edited by BP1960

The proof is in the pudding, check where we are in the league and the dire football played at BP (I assume you don't go though so haven't witnessed it).

He had 2 weeks to prepare for what everyone knew were Lincolns strengths and failed miserably, that says it all.

He keeps it simple whereas Barraclough makes it complicated, why write copious notes when losing 3-0, unbelievable.

I've been plenty of times, however I'm not getting angry about the fact somebody takes notes on a clipboard. There is no one way to do things - you seem to think your way is infallible and any other way is wrong. That's not to say it's working, but of course it can work.

It's literally taking notes on a piece of paper. How can you get so upset about it?

I've been plenty of times, however I'm not getting angry about the fact somebody takes notes on a clipboard. There is no one way to do things - you seem to think your way is infallible and any other way is wrong. That's not to say it's working, but of course it can work.

It's literally taking notes on a piece of paper. How can you get so upset about it?

BP is ignoring that the subs who came on after looking at that clipboard changed things dramatically

All Robinson had to do was watch the four-minute summary of Lincoln City by BT pundits before the game. Watch Rhead for the flick ons in the box and mark Robinson who will be sniffing out any flick ons. That was the first goal. The pundits predicted this and said it's trademark in their season - who scouted them for Oldham?

I'd love to say it's a bad day at the office but it's turning into a bad year or decade. Robinson had to scrabble together a squad in a meagre budget and is fast discovering that he's got it drastically wrong. Will be interested to see who doesn't play for the club again after last night and who's dumped in January....if he's still here or Corney pulls the trigger through fan unrest.

That last 25 minutes was incisive so why not start with that from kick off - put them to the sword? A massive mistake. There's formations and tactics there but not the personnel

Robinson has said some of these players will never play for him again.

I would assume he'd made that decision before last night, but it's a convenient time to get the headline out.

Reckord and Ladapo, must be. Mckay obviously bagged himself a place, and I'd put anybody at left back against that travesty of a footballer.

You haven't answered why it's necessary to make copious notes when losing 3-0?

IMO it's because he's another textbook trendy. It's a simple game, no need for clipboards or copious note taking, which has been drummed into coaches on EUFA badge courses.

Rick Holden is old school and didn't even get a reply when he put in for the Latics job. That's the way it is today, common sense takes second preference to gobbledegook.

Nobody used clipboards in the 1960s or 1970s, it was all men being men and jumpers for goalposts and none of this tika taka and 4-2-3-1 and sports analysis and pasta for pre-match meals. Everything would be so much better if we ran the club like it was fitfy years ago.

I get why that's appealing, despite my sarcasm. I just think the real root cause of our problems is bugger all to do with coaching styles and everything to do with running the club and the team on the cheap to an unsustainable degree - players, managers, facilities, coaching staff.

Nobody used clipboards in the 1960s or 1970s, it was all men being men and jumpers for goalposts and none of this tika taka and 4-2-3-1 and sports analysis and pasta for pre-match meals. Everything would be so much better if we ran the club like it was fitfy years ago.

I get why that's appealing, despite my sarcasm. I just think the real root cause of our problems is bugger all to do with coaching styles and everything to do with running the club and the team on the cheap to an unsustainable degree - players, managers, facilities, coaching staff.

Give it a try, Lincoln are.

After last night Robbo shouldn't manage again never mind the players, he sets them up to fail or picks them week in week out and can't see the error of their ways, he clearly has his favourites and is sticking by them as they take us down.

Who are his favourites? He's rotated a lot in my eyes...

He doesn't actually know. I think he is insinuating that the Lincoln management team make no notes and that pens and paper are banned, which has made Lincoln good at Football.

I think he is bleating bollocks again, but that's just cos I'm a bully.

Just Googled their manager. Funny because there's a picture of him and his assistant is stood next to him with his notepad. I assume the Lincoln notepad is just used for bog roll. Players must never been shown what is on it

So we have been embarrassed on national TV, not only beaten, but completely humiliated for over an hour. I don't think there is one of us that will go in work tommorro and not get an earful of stick off our co workers.

Has there ever been a more embarrassing time to be a latics fan?

For the not so hard core it's easy to see why not going down to bp every sat afternoon is an easy decision. I consider myself the hardest of the hard core over the years. Yet I'm struggling to think of one good reason why I should carry on going other than "it's what I've always done".

I will never stop going. But the question is there can't be that many more mugs like me who will blindly tip up at 5 to 3 every other week just because it's what we do. If this carries on as it is home crowds will be sub 2000 before the end of the season. And you can't blame anyone for staying away.

I've reached the point now where I really would take any other option other than maintaining the status quo. There is literally no ray of light at the end of the tunnel and I cannot see any positive way out under the current regime. You turn up expecting a loss, and an oldham nil scoreline.

By any means possible Corney has to go. I'm past caring about league positions and how we have done so well to maintain our league 1 status in trying circumstances.

Football is about so much more than which league your in. It's about the banter with mates. It's about having pride in your club, and bragging at work about how you beat the league leaders. It's about scoring a goal every now and then. It's about a beer bus to Carlisle when chaddy fell off a bike. It's about singing the names of your stalwart players who have been at the club for years, or who play with their heart on their sleeve.

It shouldn't be talking about hmrc tax bills, winding up orders and transfer embargoes.

Latics - be it through intent or as a result of mismanagement - have lost sight of what football should be about. Not one of us no matter what you say can honestly say we enjoy watching latics anymore. We do it because it's what we do. Until we can say with some conviction that we trully enjoy going to bp again the club is lost. It's a sad time but with each year that passes latics take a step closer to oblivion. And the saddest thing is nobody seems to care.enough to do anything about it

What a novel idea for a new thread...

Not sure what's up with some of the sensitive snowflakes on here, "the burden of proof is on you" wtf, its just his opinion.... :laught30:

BP1960 made a good point about the for clipboard I'm assuming he writes nothing helpful, I would rather have Ian Liversidge back hoofing the bucket and cold sponge down the touch line, probably not that helpful but theres nowt like a bit of passion from the bench. ...........................................When Latics are about get your Packamac out (Bit of early 90's nostalgia for you!)

Blaming modern football and coaching and clipboards is misguided, for me, and it lets people who should be blamed off the hook - namely, those who have run the club into the ground and failed to invest in a management set up and team that is fit for this division (let alone anything higher). I don't really care whether the players eat pasta or pies but if they're not good enough then it won't matter either way.

I'd say Green is a favourite, gets sent off stupidly and once available straight back in (thought we taught those being stupid a lesson) hasn't passed to a blue shirt in about two months and thinks it's :censored:ing funny half the time, for an experienced pro he should be :censored:ing ashamed of his recent offerings because he's been dog :censored:.

Of course it matters which division we're in. If it didn't, last night wouldn't have been so embarrassing.

This is what I don't understand about Corney last season he brought Shez in backed him with the players needed and we did what looked the impossible at one stage and stayed up.Then he allows Shez to leave and we just roll over and die and now find ourselves in exactly the same position as last year. Edited by yarddogs