The straw that broke the camels back?

Just Googled their manager. Funny because there's a picture of him and his assistant is stood next to him with his notepad. I assume the Lincoln notepad is just used for bog roll. Players must never been shown what is on it

It probably just said 'bang it up the the big centre forward'.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I don't understand about Corney last season he brought Shez in backed him with the players needed and we did what looked the impossible at one stage and stayed up.Then he allows Shez to leave and we just roll over and die and now find ourselves in exactly the same position as last year.

As much as everyone hates to admit it, Sheridan walked away to another club because he knew how much of an absolute shambles the club was in, he is one man that wouldn't stick around if he was going to be given zero support. It alright backing a manager when you are in a relegation scrap to sign loan players, and pay 100% wages, but you have to back him for the fresh start of the season which by the looks of it, he wasn't, Hence his main target going to Fleetwood. It's alright everyone sitting around and calling Sheridan a snake, but he left for one good reason, because at the time Notts County were a better prospect than us. And yes, they might have a winding up petition against them, but I can guarantee that club is not in the absolute mess we are, whereby we also have petitions against us, we owe clubs money for loan fee's and ticket fee's and we are under a transfer embargo.

Seems fans genuinely won't admit how bad the club has become, as they are too proud to admit it, and more importantly, admit they are wrong about the status quo.

As much as everyone hates to admit it, Sheridan walked away to another club because he knew how much of an absolute shambles the club was in, he is one man that wouldn't stick around if he was going to be given zero support. It alright backing a manager when you are in a relegation scrap to sign loan players, and pay 100% wages, but you have to back him for the fresh start of the season which by the looks of it, he wasn't, Hence his main target going to Fleetwood. It's alright everyone sitting around and calling Sheridan a snake, but he left for one good reason, because at the time Notts County were a better prospect than us. And yes, they might have a winding up petition against them, but I can guarantee that club is not in the absolute mess we are, whereby we also have petitions against us, we owe clubs money for loan fee's and ticket fee's and we are under a transfer embargo.

Seems fans genuinely won't admit how bad the club has become, as they are too proud to admit it, and more importantly, admit they are wrong about the status quo.

Firstly you can't say why sheridan left. You don't know.

Secondly you can't say County are "not in the absolute mess we are" can you

Guest nonaenever

Dan, I think Shez left because of an exceptional financial offer for him personally - can't blame him for that, really. Not too sure though how much of an influence anything else was in his decision. Only he will know that really.

Dan, I think Shez left because of an exceptional financial offer for him personally - can't blame him for that, really. Not too sure though how much of an influence anything else was in his decision. Only he will know that really.

Dunne would only keep 5 of the team but sign 3 players from the squad last season, Sheridan cannot sign his main targets & leaves, Robinson talks of budgets & transfer embargos now saying some playesr will never play for me again, a reacuuring theme here which ultimately leads to relegation, will we told next season we have not got the budget to compete in that league & that we should greatfull to be in that league?

Edited by mickjagger

Please read what I put, I stated they had orders against them, but they are still not in the mess we are in.

And, if anyone is under the impression that Sheridan left because he was just being 'snakey' you are purposely neglecting the fact that the club had a very big fault in him leaving.

We will never know, but I think any Oldham fan that neglects that the club was at fault, even a little, for Sheridan's departure is 100% just defending the board at any cost. At the end of the day, if we give Sheridan what he wanted, he wouldn't of left for a league 2 team

We will never know, but I think any Oldham fan that neglects that the club was at fault, even a little, for Sheridan's departure is 100% just defending the board at any cost. At the end of the day, if we give Sheridan what he wanted, he wouldn't of left for a league 2 team

Maybe we just couldn't afford what he wanted? You've zero idea why he left so you can't just say the boards fault.

Also how are County not in a worse position than us???

Edited by mcfluff1985

Maybe we just couldn't afford what he wanted? You've zero idea why he left so you can't just say the boards fault.

Also how are County not in a worse position than us???

This is why nothing will change, because the club is not held accountable for anything. Everything that goes wrong is always someone elses fault, or someone being greedy. And they have a winding up petition against them, which weve had in the past 6 months... however, we have huge HMRC debts (that's going to keep on coming), a transfer embargo, debts owed to other clubs, and a board that simply don't held themselves accountable for anything. Oh, and we have a new stand (which is great) but is flourishing while were dying, which doesn't really make sense.

Dunne would only keep 5 of the team but sign 3 players from the squad last season, Sheridan cannot sign his main targets & leaves, Robinson talks of budgets & transfer embargos now saying some playesr will never play for me again, a reacuuring theme here which ultimately leads to relegation, will we told next season we have not got the budget to compete in that league & that we should greatfull to be in that league?

We don't have a budget now to compete in League 2. Players that we had last season are earning substantially more this season in League 2.

We have a conference budget already.

We have a increased budget from the sponsorship of the ground & the new stand, imagine where we would be without them?

I would 100% say we haven't got an increased budget, we haven't seen the sponsorship money, hence the chief exec stumbling over it when asked about it last week. It was said it would put us in the top half of the budgets in the league, that hasn't happened. Robinson very openly stated we have one of the worst budgets in the league. We have one of the lowest budgets weve ever had

I would 100% say we haven't got an increased budget, we haven't seen the sponsorship money, hence the chief exec stumbling over it when asked about it last week. It was said it would put us in the top half of the budgets in the league, that hasn't happened. Robinson very openly stated we have one of the worst budgets in the league. We have one of the lowest budgets weve ever had

So when do we see this sponsorship money, anyone know?

This is why nothing will change, because the club is not held accountable for anything. Everything that goes wrong is always someone elses fault, or someone being greedy. And they have a winding up petition against them, which weve had in the past 6 months... however, we have huge HMRC debts (that's going to keep on coming), a transfer embargo, debts owed to other clubs, and a board that simply don't held themselves accountable for anything. Oh, and we have a new stand (which is great) but is flourishing while were dying, which doesn't really make sense.

It makes more sense than you....

It makes more sense than you....

The new stand is flourishing, as confirmed at the forum last week, and we are evidently dying (I don't need to explain why) so ye, better luck next time mate. You not clocked on yet that we only see matchday profits and everything else doesn't go to us?

Edited by Danbright12

Of course we have one of the lowest budgets. Our crowds are virtually the lowest in the league and our commercial operation is woeful and brings little revenue to the club. If anyone thought the SD deal (worth a grand sum of 200k per year reportedly) was ever going to give us a top half budget than they are extremely deluded

Of course we have one of the lowest budgets. Our crowds are virtually the lowest in the league and our commercial operation is woeful and brings little revenue to the club. If anyone thought the SD deal (worth a grand sum of 200k per year reportedly) was ever going to give us a top half budget than they are extremely deluded

'If anyone thought' our own chairman stated it.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk//news/article/20140703-simon-re-sportsdirect-1715474.aspx

Edited by Danbright12

Must be true then. I stand corrected. we do have one the biggest budgets after all. I feel silly now

Not for one minute saying its true, obviously we haven't got a big budget, its been stated for months by Robinson how poor it is. Just making everyone aware that it was said by the man who owns us.

The new stand is flourishing, as confirmed at the forum last week, and we are evidently dying (I don't need to explain why) so ye, better luck next time mate. You not clocked on yet that we only see matchday profits and everything else doesn't go to us?

£300k from a £6m investment?

But take off the ticket money we'd have got anyway and you're left with £50k or less.

There's no evidence the stand is flourishing