1. 1. Correct decision

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

Strange, as he's certainly going to struggle with an even lower budget in future.

I have no idea how you know this, BP. I haven't a clue what the playing budget is, or whether it's up or down etc. For now, just pleased an experienced guy is in that gives us a fighting chance of staying up.

It's one thing saying it, I'm amazed everyone suddenly believes this bunch is capable, if we don't add four or five we will be down with games to play.

Yes we still need to add. But if your manager is backing you then you are more likely to play well and try harder.

Last season Dunn was saying he needed new players and wouldn't have signed the vast majority of the players. They played :censored:. Sheridan comes in and mentions they are good players and need some confidence suddenly they start putting a shift in and playing better.

This season Robinson has been saying he needed to get rid of 4/5/6 and some would never play again. They play :censored:. Sheridan comes in and says they need some confidence. I'll be surprised if most of them are not playing alot better within 4 weeks...

Who says I'm upset? I like Shez but the problems still exist, changing the manager may well work but this belief that many hold that we are as good as safe is a little mystifying to me.

I would say that most hold a more optomistic view now Shez has returned, to say that they think we are as good as safe is stretching the point, as I am sure you already know that.

It's one thing saying it, I'm amazed everyone suddenly believes this bunch is capable, if we don't add four or five we will be down with games to play.

You say that but we're only three points from safety with two games in hand, and we've upgraded our manager

I don't doubt we'd struggle badly without new players but I don't think it'd be an impossible job

Of course it's possible but with the run Shez and ourselves have been on its going to take a huge turnaround in fortunes, not sure about the finer details of this embargo but I'd say tomorrow is the first of several six pointers we're about to face and we should of done everything we could to address the issues on the playing side of things.

Of course it's possible but with the run Shez and ourselves have been on its going to take a huge turnaround in fortunes, not sure about the finer details of this embargo but I'd say tomorrow is the first of several six pointers we're about to face and we should of done everything we could to address the issues on the playing side of things.

Same for Gillingham. I like the cut of their new manager, looks the inspirational sort. Lets hope that's after tomorrow.

Edited by BP1960

Surprise stat I have just seen!

Last season under Dunn and Kelly we played 11 away games and got 14 points

Last season under Shez we playe 12 away games and got 14 points

I would have lost money on that!

Yep, Boundary Park was almost a fortress again save for defeats to Bury, Dale and Coventry

Bury L0-1

Gillingham W2-1

Port Vale D1-1

Blackpool W1-0

Dale L2-3

Chesterfield W1-0

Swindon W2-0

Walsall W1-0

Crewe W1-0

Coventry L0-2

6 wins from 10 and 5 clean sheets. He's got a few more home games to play with this season. Crack the home form again and we've a chance..

Yep, Boundary Park was almost a fortress again save for defeats to Bury, Dale and Coventry

Bury L0-1

Gillingham W2-1

Port Vale D1-1

Blackpool W1-0

Dale L2-3

Chesterfield W1-0

Swindon W2-0

Walsall W1-0

Crewe W1-0

Coventry L0-2

6 wins from 10 and 5 clean sheets. He's got a few more home games to play with this season. Crack the home form again and we've a chance..

Wasn't it similar when he was previously in charge? Made BP a fortress whilst away form wasn't the greatest.

Home Games

Gills

Peterborough

Bradford

Coventry

Charlton

Millwall

Bury

Oxford

Sheff Utd

Fleetwood

Bolton

Dale

Away Games

Shrewsbury

Chesterfield

MK

Swindon

Northampton

Walsall

Peterborough

Southend

Bristol

Wimbledon

Two massive away games coming up, then shortly after Swindon away. Fate is definitely in our own hands, but we need a goalscoring talisman or a provider from somewhere...

Wasn't it similar when he was previously in charge? Made BP a fortress whilst away form wasn't the greatest.

Home form deteriorated after we tailed off in 06/07

07/08 we went from Sept-January winning without winning at home BUT during that period we won 7 straight away games

08/09 was indifferent too many drawn games and :censored: nil defeats cost him his job from Nov onwards